In my opinion, the band deserves to move forward with Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Jul 22, 2017.

AThousandLivingTheories

AThousandLivingTheories Mark The Graves

So?

There's plenty of examples where it did work.

Dance Gavin Dance replaced their singers twice, and their present singer, Tilian, is the best one they've ever had.

But does that mean Linkin Park can find a replacement better than Chester? Hell no. Not in a million years. But we shouldn't make their decision for them. No matter what they decide to do, at the end of the day, I'll support their decision.

alex4d

alex4d Member

Regardless of what happens with the band from here, we will sadly have to admit that chances of their old stuff ever being played live again is 0%. The idea of all being together without Chester will either hurt them too much to continue or the complete opposite and have them closer than ever in creating something new. I can see them continuing, the only question is whether or not they use the Linkin Park name.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Just give the band some time, we'll just have to wait and see for any official statement from the band regarding to the band's future. As crazy and sad as it seems, Chester's death gave impact to the entire LP Community and the world.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Linkin Park without Chester, he really was as many have stated, the heart and soul of the band.

However, whatever the band decides to do, I'll support them with whatever decision they come to.

Krizlinkin and Knt.Slbs like this.
    Knt.Slbs

Amen, brother.. Whatever circumstances and problems the band facing right now, We have to understand and give them more time to heal and recover from Chester's death. Awful as it may seem but the band needs that, they need space, they need privacy, and they need support from us. Do you think this is the end of the band? No. It's not. The band will come full circle and stand up again and continue the journey.

Mike, Joe, Dave, Brad and Rob... You guys are stronger and brave to face this darkest moment in your lives. Don't end the band, don't end the legacy you've started with Chester. The LP community are here for you guys to give love and support. We are thankful to be part of this community and We are grateful for the music you've shared to us since Day 1.

VIVA LINKIN PARK!! We miss you, Chaz.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

You don't exactly know this as 100% factual. Time will tell what the band does from here. To assume what they are feeling and what they will and will not perform, if they decide to keep making music together, is wasted thinking. The band will decide this, not anyone else. Leave the assumptions out of it.

minuteforce likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wouldn't expect the band to make a decision on this for a very long time. They've just lost a brother, a best friend and a collaborator. Someone they've been around and considered family for close to 20 years. I think Linkin Park, despite it being the reason they met Chester to begin with, is the last thing they're worried about right now.

Being in their shoes, the only thing I'd be able to think of is wanting my friend back. Nothing else.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

If we're VERY lucky, a tribute single to Chester might come out in a year.

But, honestly, they're devastated right now. I don't expect to see Linkin Park perform ever again. Someday, maybe another band might rise from this dark time, to remind us that love keeps us kind.

But you gotta remember, this goes way beyond a rock singer. There are world leaders mourning this man's death. Take a look at the international pictures coming in from around the globe. Chester is very much this generation's John Lennon, and it's going to be a really long time before we see anyone like him again.

When that day comes that these guys do step into a studio again, or back out on stage, I support them completely. It will be huge, and scary, but I think there's just too much music, in at least Mike's bones, to ever truly quit. But I also wouldn't blame them for being as scarce as Maynard James Keenan for a while.

Until that day comes, I support the guys. They are human, they lost a brother, a friend, a hero, and they need time to grieve and be with their families away from the fans and the public before even considering "going back to work".

If that day doesn't come at all, I suuport the guys. I would just be absolutely heartbroken if they stay in hiding, but I hope they know how loved they are.

I know I'd give anything to lift their heads. They've lifted mine countless times. Mike, Joe, Brad, Rob, Dave... I support you, and I love you all, no matter what happens next.

You have friends, not just fans. You are loved, not just admired. You are respected, not just obsessed over. We are here for you...when you are ready.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I'm torn, and I'm also feeling bad for already thinking about the future, but I can't really help it.

I think the most important thing would be, that they stay together making music as friends, and in honor of Chester. Everything else would break my heart another time and I'm sure Chester also wouldn't want them to separate.

What I'm sure about: Never, ever replace Chester! Just no.
    But I think it would be a really honoring move if every band member would truly step forward, come out of themselves and voice their feelings about Chester in the way he also always did it: vocally.
    They could really dedicate themselves to this task, maybe take vocal lessons like Chester did and just do everything to achieve this goal together for their friend.

Then, we could hear an album, on which every band member sings, as a tribute to Chester.
    They wouldn't have to live up to him, but do it from the heart.
    This would also serve as a much needed turning point (which is needed imo, because of the old material) in their sound and would in turn make it easier to rename themselves, if they choose to do so.

Regarding the name, my heart still would prefer them to continue as LP, but I see that it would create problems.
    I don't like the idea of choosing Fort Minor, though, because it would in some way disregard the talent of the other band mates, as this was always Mike's project.
    It would be a beautiful symbol to come back as Xero, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

What I also thought about: If they made a tribute album, they should include the voice of Chester. Think about it. As far as we can guess, they should have plenty of unreleased material, also from the last album circle. Chester recorded plenty of lyrics, for sure.
    That way, Chester could not only live on in our hearts and in the past music he created in the past, but also literally in the new work of his friends. I think it would be very moving and a great honoring. Just for the tribute album.

--

So, whatever you guys choose to do, just stay together, please!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Who knows? I don't know how to react rationally to any idea of their future. I just hope the best for all of them

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I believe they will continue and someone like Oli Sykes will take over lead vocals.

Hybrid likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I don't see them making music this year or even next one, they need time to heal and come to terms with what happened. None of us can believe it and can we even imagine how they're feeeling right now? No way. I also don't see them replacing Chester, some singers could but they've been more than a band, they've become a family who has just lost one member.
    I'm not sure if they'll go separate ways (although it's hard to believe that) or do a tribute to Chester but the latter will happen, I'm certain.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Dude, suicide is a western problem? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Most of those countries aren't in what you would call the western world. In fact, because the western world has better health care, you could argue more suicides are prevented in such countries.

As someone from India, farmer suicides are a major problem here, due to loans, due to crop failure. Women kill themselves because their families are too poor to pay dowry. Students kill themselves because of unemployment, how first world is that?

You say meditation helped you with depression, doesn't have to work for everyone. Most psychological solutions don't work for everyone.

How is Chester selfish man? You know, here we used to joke a lot about Chester showing off his exercise routines on instagram but you know, exercising, keeping healthy is a form of coping, right?
    So is expression through creativity, Chester has been trying hard to stay clean through the years. He always reached out to us with his lyrics, saving a lot of us too, in the process.

So for a man that suffered immeasurable trauma as a child and turned to drugs later, Chester was really kind to fans, he responded to the dumbest shit fans sent him on twitter, he's been nothing short of bursting with energy at live shows, one night where he made a wrong turn cannot dictate him as selfish.

Rather than being angry that he was selfish, shouldn't we be grateful for the things he's done? Because at the end of the day, he's just human like you and me and he doesn't owe us anything.
    Even if it's about his family, that's upto them to decide, none of our business.

Anyway, hope you do well too, OP. I'm glad you're feeling better :)

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Multiple vocalists may work. Both for working on new material and for live concerts (this one a little difficult to put them all together on the same place)

Keep LP as it is with the 5 official members and invite lots of vocalists. Corey T., M. Shadows, J. Davis, Hayley Williams (...) something like: it's needed dozens of singers to even think about replacing him.

BUT i don't really mind. I'm expecting nothing. The band can do what they want when they want.

Knt.Slbs

I was thinking the other day, " what would be Mark Wakefield's reaction to Chester's death?". Would Mark give the courage to reunite with them? Thoughts?

GroovySmith

GroovySmith Member

I think they'll release something before the end of the year. When you're a musician, there is nothing in the whole world with more capacity to heal your pain than the music itself. I miss Chester a lot, I'm not gonna lie, my heart is empty right now. But I'm pretty sure they'll come up with the right decision to honor Chester and us.

wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

I want the band to continue as Linkin Park, not Xero. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but you don't move forward by going backwards.

They definitely do need to bring in a second vocalist though (in the future, when they're ready) because Mike is not versatile enough to do LP songs solo, despite how much he's improved. It won't be the same and some fans won't accept a new singer, but personally, I will still support the rest of the band because they deserve to move forward too.

As for the sound, they can either go with someone that sounds like Chester or someone that sounds completely different. I sort of prefer someone that sounds completely different because then it wouldn't feel like someone replacing Chester; instead it would feel like a new branch/path.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

I see a 0% chance that they continue as Xero. That name sounds awfully 2000s.
    I think it should either remain Linkin Park, or something new.

I agree though that Mike can't be the only singer if they continue as Linkin Park. However, replacing Chester with a new singer sounds like sacrilege.

It's a very difficult situation, because Mike spent almost the entirety of his career building the Linkin Park brand, so I understand if he doesn't want to abandon it. I have no idea what they are going to do, and I don't know what they should either.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Knt.Slbs and SuperDude526 like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Either continuing under Linkin Park or Fort Minor is fine in my book.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

I respect the band's decision but I hope they will continue to make music together as a band.

Krizlinkin and blackout. like this.