Oliver Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon to go on tour as new LP lead-singer?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LP Soldier 01, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I just heard this one on a website called Blating News, saying that, although not official yet, it is very likely that Oliver Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon will be the LP lead singer for the rest of the OML tour. As I see it, it would be good for them to continue this tour and finish it, but I think there are better singers that Oliver Sykes to take Chester's place at the studio, which is to say that he is a good option for now, but very questionable in the future. For the studio I'd choose other names like John Cooper from Skillet, Benjamin Burnley from Breaking Benjamin or David Draiman from Disturbed. Tell me what you think.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Are you serious with this? Do you honestly think they are going to finish the tour after just canceling it because their lead singer, friend and practically family member has just committed suicide?

"As I see it, it would be good for them to continue this tour and finish it"

Good for who? You? Because I think it would be an awful idea for them to continue the tour. They need time to grieve and heal. So please let them do that and don't indulge stupid rumors like this.

polleo, Jesse, Deliveranze and 2 others like this.
    LP Soldier 01

I confirmed on the portuguese LP fan page that those rumors are false since there hasn't been any official statement about the future of the band. It would be too early for them to decide what to do next because they still need time to recover. I'm sorry that I mentioned those rumours.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Linkin Park is a close family, more so then most other bands. They have just lost a member of that family, who is irreplaceable. Please, everyone let them grieve without spreading fake and disrespectful rumours.

I'm sure Oliver Sykes wouldn't want this either, he is a massive Chester fan and like all of us fans will be hurting.

Jesse and Sasuke like this.
    One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

FAKE NEWS!

Jesse, Amanda, Blake and 1 other person like this.
    Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

The site that originally reported this is full of spam ads. Pretty sure there is nothing to this. I believe the article even said the "world tour" was beginning on August 14th. That would have been during the North American tour which was entirely cancelled. I don't know why people make these stupid articles.

LP Soldier 01

Please erase this thread. I didn't mean to be disrespectful since this band has been so important in my life and will continue to be. So, let's end this topic here because we need to be here for each other and praise Chester's legacy.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Yeah I’m closing it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.