Linkin Park Post Message to Chester Following His Death

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 24, 2017.

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

beautiful...

LPFan8990

LPFan8990 Member

Same here

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

This shit still doesn't feel real.

lpfaneki and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is how I feel. People may get angry at me for saying this...but the band deserves the right to continue. Chester's unfortunate and permanent choice shouldn't mean the band's future is done for. And I don't mean to sound terrible by saying that either. I truly do care about Chester, a lot. His passing hurts me everyday. But I want these guys to continue to be successful, and happy. That would be a good tribute to Chester in itself.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

The band has the right to do anything they want with the band. However, the question is what does the fans want and what would they accept?
    I don't know what the answers end up being, but the questions themselves I can only imagine being brought up in the future.
    I don't think we can expect an answer to what the future of the band holds for a long time, months maybe even a whole year.
    It's not going to be an easy decision.

Hybridora likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

We can support them but not like what they do.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

You're not wrong for wanting that. It's understandable

warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

I think another important question would be; how do they go about doing it?

Chester was a vocalist with such talent that you only see a few of him every generation.

Yeah they can find powerhouse vocalists but, can they find one as versatile as him? Who can scream ferociously, sing soft songs beautifully, and vibrato like an angel?
    That's incredibly difficult to find. And even if they do find that, I think it would be incredibly odd at first to hear someone else sing chesters parts.

I know people here have suggested that Mike should sing. I love Mike and he has stepped up his singing tremendously but, there's no way in hell he can sing some of the stuff Chester does. Chesters just in another league above him.

I'm torn though. I would like the band to continue because I love their ambitious creativity to challenge themselves but, at the same time Chester was my favorite vocalist and he inspired me so much. Idk

Hybridora and barush like this.
    Blake

Not trying to sound selfish, but I don't want them to continue, at least under the Linkin Park name. Linkin Park is not Linkin Park without Chester.

Ill support it if they decided to continue withput Chester but I won't like it and it won't make me happy.

Hybridora and Slash Stradlin like this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The beauty of it is that the band will decide what's best for the band. Nothing we can say will ever change what the band is going to do. I'm sure whatever decision they make will also likely involve Talinda's input as well. To put it bluntly: the future of the band will never take away their past.

Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

I 100% agree with you on this, it would be better if they continue under the Xero name or a different name. Its just not Linkin Park without anyone of them.

Hybridora, Blake and MarcusArelius like this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I hope they don't continue under the Linkin Park label and brand. Chester was a large part of the sound behind Linkin Park. Without his voice, it's not Linkin Park. I personally think it would be honoring Chester if they were to retire the name LP. The rest of the guys can use the name Xero, Fort Minor, or some other name of their choosing.

Blake

I agree with all of this. It's up to them and all the parties involved. But I also feel we a fans have a right to like or dislike whatever decision they decide.

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

I feel this is so right but on the other hand , for me Chester is Half of The band...

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I wonder who they're going to replace Chester with in a week. Probably someone who fucking sucks and won't ever be able to hold a candle to literally anything Chester has ever recorded, but hey, that's showbiz for ya. I think this band should 100% break up, there is no way to ever possibly continue on with the name Linkin Park after what has happened. Not to mention that the entire band was always Chester anyways, they struggled for years and years to get recognized and only were once Chester joined the band with his incredible voice and personality. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that they would ever even for a second consider replacing Chester, but I'm sure they will, and I'm sure it won't be long. Hell, they didn't even cancel the Japan tour in a few months time. And you can say that Chester would have wanted them to replace him and continue on, but you can't know that for sure, he's dead. Linkin Park's ''post'' about Chester, as well as Mike's, both seem so cold, like he was nothing more than a business partner. At least Chester's real actual friends like Ryan Shuck, Sean Dowdell and others have written how devastated they are and how much he meant to them on a personal level, and I'm sure neither of them would ever replace him in Dead By Sunrise or Grey Daze.

Slash Stradlin

@Virgocore what the hell are you talking about man, all of them are hurt and they won't take any decision in a weeks time, it will take a lot of time for them to decide anything.

You can't just blame them without knowing anything, We din't even know Chester on a personal level and see how awful it is for us, now imagine they knew Chester on a very personal level, it would be hell for them.

Hybrid

Just like the rest of their music and leading up to album releases, I'll lead you with the same advise: Keep an open mind. Keeping an open mind will help you with whatever change may come. It will help you digest what happens. It won't cause a predetermined outcome in your head. The band will do what they feel is right. In that moment, they will need all of the support that they can get. Please just don't give up on the rest of the band that easily.

_cam_ likes this.
    Slash Stradlin

None of us are giving up on the rest of the band, we do want them to continue making music together, but not under the Linkin Park name just out of respect for Chester.

Hybridora likes this.
    penneywisethedancingclown

penneywisethedancingclown New Member

I honestly hope they do persevere and continue as linkin park. The only thing is who could they get that could fill the hole that Chester left because he's irreplaceable. I honestly think that they should have a rotating lead singer for every album after this. If they should continue.

Hybrid

Okay. So... First of all, "The entire band" was Six guys, not just one. Second, you shouldn't be that dismissive over anyone, especially considering the band at this point have no idea what their next move is going to be. Thirdly, if I learned ANYTHING about this band is that they are resilient and are always constantly adapting to change. Fourthly, for all we know, Chester at one point could have told the band or could have told Talinda or even had it written in his will ,if he had one, a contingency plan of what he wishes to happen should the worst happen. Fifth, The North American Tour needed to be cancelled because of time. There is literally no way to react from this and be road ready in a week, even if they wanted to do a tribute tour. The Japan tour might give them enough time to get their bearings straight and come up with a plan on what to do from here. Lastly, Linkin Park and Mike's post are doing the best that they can while both maintaining public relations with emotion. I can tell you without a doubt that Mike and the rest of Linkin Park are hurting way more than you will ever want to give them credit for. None of them have ANY obligation to write a dedication post to/about Chester and their feelings about him. If they don't want their feelings published right now, that is clearly their prerogative and their privacy at this time should be respected.

If the band continues under a different name, they will still be compared constantly to their former selves, so I really don't see why a name change would be needed to be respectful. Nothing the band does from here will change what they've already done. That legacy is already there.

xEsaul, Sasuke, Prowl and 5 others like this.