Linkin Park Post Message to Chester Following His Death

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

@Virgocore Maybe this is a kind of reaction you wanted but wow...wow...This is one of the most toxic comments I've seen about the situation. I'm speechless.

2. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I saw the video before the news. So I know how heartbreaking it will be to see it now. I can't believe I was criticising the band for not doing a proper single release when chester was already dead. Fuck.

3. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This has to be one of the most disrespectful and callous comments I have ever seen on these forums. Wow. Sickening.

The entire band was never just Chester. Yes, he was a huge part of it but I think Mike and the rest of the guys deserve credit too. Why don't you give the rest of the guys a chance to get to terms with what happened first before talking shit? Their entire lives have been turned upside down. They had so many future plans with Chester and now they have no idea what lies ahead. Instead of being understanding, you've already made up YOUR mind about what they will do and you're pretty much calling them out on a decision they have not even made. A decent fan will support the rest of the band no matter what. They knew Chester better than us and they know what is best for their future.

I can't believe you're calling their post to Chester "cold". I think you are the only person I have seen who feels like that. Their post was beautiful.

"Nothing more than a business partner" holy fuck. You think the rest of LP were not Chester's "real actual" friends? I have no words to say to this.

I'm going to ban you for this disgusting heartless post. We don't need this toxic shit at a time where everyone is mourning. Yes, this is your opinion but you can take your insensitive opinions elsewhere.

4. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

This photo has been doing the rounds on Instagram. Chester still performing in the sky, best show ever.
    20394167_1730495163910966_108185699290710016_n.jpg .

5. alee87

alee87 Active Member

Can you please tag the account which posted this on IG? I sooo wanna share it too

6. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

My sister showed me the photo, she found it on the account called heavychester.

7. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

It originated here:

Hybridora likes this.
  8. alee87

alee87 Active Member

Yeah I'm on twitter I saw that earlier this morning. Been trying to trace it elsewhere too. Thank you so much nevertheless ma'am.

9. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

The feels. Too many feels.

10. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

You sound like an inherently biased person. Don't be stupid please.

11. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Haven't watch it. I thought of watching this weekend Frat Party at Pankake Festival and will prepare lots of tissues. Good times though. The boys in their early days.

Hybridora likes this.
  12. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The Talking To Myself video shouldn't only make you sad, it should also make you happy because it shows the band and most importantly Chester dong what they loved best. A video that truly captures the band in the way I want to remember them, enjoying each others company doing a job they loved, being great with their fans and putting on an awesome show.

It was happy times like those shown on the video that helped keep Chester fighting his demons for so long. This video is special, one I'm sure every Linkin Park fan can feel connected to.

13. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

You're right and I forced myself to watch it again this morning to try and move on, see Chester in another light not just constantly remind myself that he's gone. No tears came which is good but there was a lump in my throat the whole time. The hardest thing was to watch how the guys were happy, laughing and making jokes. One day after accepting what had happened we'll be able to enjoy this video as a perfect homage to Chester.

Hybridora and Forfeit to Break like this.
  14. Bart

Bart Member

That cloud picture...
    Wow

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I typically am not the kind to see shapes in stuff in the sky, but I really love how much this looks like Chester with his microphone. Touching.

Gravity_LP and barush like this.
  16. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I also wanted to point out that even with Chester, the guys struggled initially when they sought a record deal. But that's not the point. Everyone handles death differently. Why do we expect them to say anything publicly? They lost Chester too just as much as the rest of us. And while we as fans look for signs, don't you think the band have beat themselves up since Thursday looking for what they thought they missed? It's great that Chester's former band mates wrote personal notes. It shows that they loved him. But don't diminish the love that the band had for Chester. When he was coping with his drug addiction, he relied on the five guys in Linkin Park, because they were there for him. They loved each other. Everyone loved Chester. That's what's important right now.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    _cam_ and Modern Guitar God like this.
  17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

If someone could photoshop the car/road out of the top picture to make it seem like it's all the same picture,that would be amazing. Really cool picture none the less!

18. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Small and useless piece of information but here goes. The pic that Mike shared of the band from 1998 is in the video for Lost in the Echo :)

[​IMG]

brady, Hybridora, chris2 and 8 others like this.
  19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Really cool find! I would have never noticed that myself. Thanks for sharing :)

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  20. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

chester_clouds.jpg

MadNyankomon-Senpai and barush like this.