what will happen to linkin park now?

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Mahdi Mobaraki, Jul 24, 2017.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I think a new Fort Minor would be good for Mike to go back to his rap style and also take a break from the band. For LP I would see a comeback, but as a 5-element band (only after a big hiatus to sort things out the best possible way) because there are no singers that can match Chester's quality. With 5 elements they wouldn't be able to play most of their material, but I see no one capable of taking Chester's place effectively, just one or 2 singers could try, but wouldn't make it.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I think it would be cool for Mike to explore 90's rap and make it more modern. I just like his wordplay on their early stuffs like Reading My Eyes, High Voltage and It's Goin' Down.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I was mentally wrestling with whether LP should soldier on with the five of them or hang it up and call it a career. I'm down with the band staying together and working with guest vocalists or rappers.

Still, no one can blame with what Mike, Rob, Brad, Mr. Hahn, and Phoenix will decide to do.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Bart

Bart Member

I don't knoa why. But i would really like them to ccontinue with more of kiara.... I really don't know why but i have such a strong feeling that she and the rest of LP have a lot of potential

Knt.Slbs

One word for Mike to do... TALKBOX

Damn, When I heard the snippet on his snapchat few months ago doing some vocoder thing and I said, "woah! That's pretty dope, Mike"

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

I'd only be fine with it if she does more than just pop. It'd be nice to see her working with LP in terms of different musical styles.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

It's gonna be a trip to get a new singer because they need to be able to scream but also sing songs like BTH, WFTE, NCSM, The Catalyst. I don't know who else in the world is gonna do that.

We'll just have to see. And I hate talking about Chester and the band like this :(

Chris loves LP likes this.
    Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The band members are in their 40s now, and having to reform their band this late in their career is just fucked, to say the least. It's not any of our decisions, but a new singer shouldn't happen, to me there's no replacing Chester and I think the band would agree. On the other hand, continuing as a 5-piece band makes playing their current discography difficult live (maybe they could use playback of Chester or get guest singers and the crowd to sing with them on tour).

I think the best solution here would be to continue with Mike as the lead (who has proved himself as a capable singer on his own) and collaborate with other musicians to feature on songs. The band stated their desire to make music is inextinguishable, so we know they're not going anywhere. Whether that's under LP, FM, or a new name.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

It's not fucked up, though. You forgot that this band went ups and downs since Minutes To Midnight and still successful despite the change of their sound. Now, the band will about to change as well and that is Mike will doing the lead vocals from now on. It's tough to nail but we'll expect a major change in the near future. If they want to move on and play Mike-centric songs that means they have to establish a song or an album to cater the LP fanbase or reintroduce themselves to the public once again like Hybrid Theory 17 years ago.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

"What does Linkin Park do now?"
    The surviving 5 band members obviously will not answer this question for a while, or even ask it. They deserve to grieve. But when they do ask that question to each other, they will be honest; maybe even ask sub-questions:

Do they even have the drive to keep making music altogether?
    Can they continue Linkin Park, not because they have to, but because they want to?
    Are they willing to move on without Chester and bring someone in? Like AC/DC?
    If they find a new vocalist, would they bring in someone they never worked with before or have worked with before?
    Can they avoid hiring a Chester-copy?
    Can they accept the fact that the new hire mean a new Linkin Park era?

We here might quickly answer these questions, but I would rather give Mike, Joe, Brad, Rob, and Phoenix time to know what they want.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

It's a weird we are living in a new era of LINKIN PARK since Chester's death.

Rav

Rav Member

Imo I think they should carry on as Chester would have wanted this
    However, take as much time to grieve.

I wouldnt want them to replace Chester because he was the chosen one and it would be disrespectful to them and us if they did so.

I miss him so much :(

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I'm so torn about this. On one hand I can't imagine LP without Chester, I'll miss him and the pain of his death will always be there, but on the other hand I think the band are all great guys who deserve to continue living their lives and having a successful career doing something they love.

I hope they take the option that keep s them most successful and relevant , and to me that would be continuing as Linkin Park. Chester would have wanted them to carry on and be happy. In many ways continuing with the Linkin Park name would help extend and enhance his legacy, much the same way as Queen have.

First they need time to grieve though.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

But there are some wanted to retire the name LINKIN PARK because as they say, LINKIN PARK is Chester.... but they don't realised Mike founded this band together with Joe and Brad. LP would not exist if Mike didn't started this since 1996. I understand Chester is the voice of the band but we need to give Mike more respect in keeping the band together even they went hiatus in 2004 and giving Chester the strength to continue despite of personal struggles in life.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm surprised by how many people think they shouldn't retire the Linkin Park name. Thought a lot more people would be against using it.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

There is no way they are replacing Chester, if they do continue and tour they will probably use Chester's parts in the songs for the live shows. Mike never stops making music so I think he will continue idk about the rest of the band

darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

I also believe that they continue. In which form can only be speculated.

MadNyankomon-Senpai

MadNyankomon-Senpai Well-Known Member

The only concern that i have is that the so called "Fans" will trash even harder on Linkin Park if they continue without Chester.
    This might cause the Band to get demotivated to even continue with their Project, especially Mike Shinoda. I really feel bad for Mike, he sacrificed a lot for his dream, only for this to happen to him. Suicide is like a curse, the pain will transfer to someone other.
    I heard a lot of people saying that there is no Linkin Park without Chester, these people seems to forget that Chester isn't Linkin Park alone, Linkin Park is Mike, Brad, Rob, Dave and Joe too. Mike and Brad do the most work for the Band, Chester is just the lead singer of the Band.
    That shows that they know nothing about the Band and they are not even real fans, just casual fans that are still stuck in the 2000s. They were whining for an entire Decade about Linkin Park not releasing a Nu-Metal Album, now they will never get a Nu-Metal Album from Linkin Park.
    Now they all regret hating on them for so long and they are appreciating all the Albums after Meteora because of Chester's death.
    Mike Shinoda should be the lead singer, he improved a lot since Hybrid Theory, his singing got a lot better, his rapping improved even more. I believe that he can train himself to scream too, did you see his live performance of the song "Cigarettes", at the end of the song Mike makes a Small Growl which sound very amazing.

Linkin Park will only truly fall apart if Mike Shinoda retires or pass away. Mike is the brain, while Chester was the Heart and the Soul of the Band.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

im sure the band will make 1 more album, it will prob be an album for Chester

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I love Chester as if he were a brother but continuing on with a new vocalist after the original dies has happened with many big rock bands. The boys deserve the right to do so if they want to. This is their band too.

It's already happened with AC/DC, Queen, Alice In Chains, and that's probably just scratching the surface. It's possible and if people wish to hate on the band if they make that choice then that's their choice to do so, but the band's decision to continue is theirs and theirs alone.

Halfway Dwight and Hans Muster like this.