Things You Wish Linkin Park Could've Done

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by StrictlyJohnD, Jul 31, 2017.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

All those live songs we'll probably never head (mainly I'm thinkin about Powerless, Sorry For Now, I'll Be Gone)
    A post-rock/progressive rock album
    Another live album
    A full-ATS themed show, like the Hybrid Theory live show they did in 2014

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Recording of OML since they said it a lot of times that this was the album they felt most happy about. DVDs of unseen footage maybe as all seven albums together and of course making another record and having promo shots from the sudio.

Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

selfish i know but i wish they'd have come to a venue closer to where i live so i could have taken my daughter to see them..
    her 15th birthday was LP focused, the cake had a picture of them, i hand made card again pic of the boys and I got her, her first LPU membership...
    shes not able to listen as of yet to OML.. but for her final major project for her media course she did a video for Heavy.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

The band doing Lolla in Chicago would've been epic.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

Live version of Halfway Right
    All 10 tracks from OML played live (since it would've been the first time since the ATS tour that every song from an album was played live)
    Releases of acoustic reworkings of older tracks (think Final Masquerade's acoustic rendition)
    A tour with Phantogram or Pvris

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Robot Boy says hello. I don't count that lititle intelude they started playing as playing the song.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Wish they had more remixes, as funny as that may sound.

Bart and Michele like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

They haven't released a good "making of" since ATS. I remember them saying they "filmed everything" for THP; I know we got a few LPTVs and there were probably a few LPU exclusive videos, but I still wish we got a full 30-40 minute documentary for the last three albums. :(

blackout. likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

I enjoyed their documentaries on Meteora, A Thousand Suns, and Living Things. I admit the one on Minutes to Midnight put me to sleep.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I really wish they had more collaborations. It was cool to hear Chester sing a hook on another song or Mike as a guest rapper.

I mean, I know there's alot, but they all keep getting shelved by other artists or just are in a vault.

The song Mike did with Visionaries rapper LMNO, Waiting for Tomorrow, the freestyle Mike did for DJ Whoo Kid, the Chali 2na song, hopefully that Lamb of God track Chester did comes out.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Wished they Played KTTK, and played more of HT EP in their setlist.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

More LPU summits, there was never one near me. I really wanted to go behind the scenes of the show and spend some time with the band and other hardcore fans. Also wish they would have played more non singles in their shows, love how they did that Victimized/QWERTY medley during the Living Things tour cycle.

Blake and Doridorica like this.
    StrictlyJohnD

That would've been cool to hear remixes of the tracks from THP and OML.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah those totally lend themselves over to remixes. All their albums do really. But OML? No doubt

StrictlyJohnD

I didn't like Recharge all that much so I do have a tinge of hope that Mr. Hahn played around with the songs not too long ago.

If anything, I'd like to hear this supposed work in full (peep below).

kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

I wish Linkin Park maybe would've gone in a classic rock direction and utilized Chester's voice in a way he only did with Camp Freddy and some of his solo material. They kind of did that with Minutes To Midnight, but nowhere near to the extent I wish they did. Many people who disliked Linkin Park were willing to admit that Chester was a great singer once they heard some of his performances with Camp Freddy.

I also really wish he would've recorded something with Slash. I always thought his range was limited in Linkin Park songs and I just wish this side of his vocal talent got more exposure before he died.

Lotus likes this.
    Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Things I'd wished? 20 more years (At least) of Linkin Park in my life with the whole group :cry:

blackout. likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This! I saw them on the Carinovers tour and seeing With You, Runaway, and Points of Authority was just WOW.

I was sad they didn't play Breaking the Habit as it's one of my all time favorite songs but to see them play songs they normal don't and song that weren't singles were great!

Doridorica, Dannyc and iamsatan like this.
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Play Mark the Graves live. That song has probably been the most played on my LP rotation these last few years.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I so agree with this. I've been saying for a long time that I wish Chester's vocals were better utilized in Linkin Park, because his vocals on some of these Camp Freddy/Kings of Chaos covers are amazing. He actually sounded more comfortable singing those covers than he did singing LP songs. I think vocally LP went in the right direction with OML, but I feel like he still had a lot more to show. i'm sad that I don't get to see that happen now.

Modern Guitar God likes this.