It's beginning to sink in now that the band will never played together again.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by thesungoesdown, Aug 5, 2017.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

All i've been thinking about is Chester and his tragic passing and how it's effected the band, family members, and LP community personally, but after bingeing on some live performances on YouTube it just struck me that these songs, or treasures, will never be performed again as a band. What a pity. I feel so blessed to have had the pleasure to see them live 3 times. I can imagine how an LP fan feels who has never seen one of their shows.

minuteforce likes this.
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

I know, right?
    I rewatched some parts of my last show yesterday, and I was in tears again watching this:

(and Chester is not even prominent in this, still...)

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

Why the FUCK didn't I just go ''Fuck it, I'll just go to a show'' Instead of waiting for one day that they would play nearby?
    I never got to see them live, and it hurts so bad.

thesungoesdown

What a shame. 2007 was my first show and i right at the front in the pit. Dream come true that day and absolutely surreal seeing the guys that close. The 2 shows i went after that didn't have the same effect. It's always that first show.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You don't know that.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Linkin park will play together again

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Linkin Park will not play together again is my personal prediction.

Even of they do perform again under the name "Linkin Park" it is not Linkin Park!

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Though it won't be the same, I think they'll still perform again together without Chester, but I don't know if it'll still be under Linkin Park. Linkin Park is a brand name and performing under something else won't get as much recognition (not that it matters). Have they still not canceled the Japan tour? It's possible they left those dates open to consider performing. I don't know how that would work though, would they use playback of Chester? Guest vocalists?

Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Well, it matters actually. If they continue, I want them to remain headliners everywhere. I think they need the Linkin Park brand for this.

I also think that they will perform without Chester, but I'm a little bit scared for Mike. He is a legend in his own right, but it must be a daunting task to step on the stage as the sole singer after all that happened. How much weight can one person carry?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I guess I mean more in the sense that making music no matter the name is their main priority, and that keeping the name for monetization and name brand recognition isn't a motivator. I agree they should keep the name if they continue performing because they should reach out to as many as possible, but I'd understand if they changed it.

I noticed Mike has gotten more confident on stage over time, and with more recent albums he's gotten more experienced with singing on his own. While he had Chester to back him up, he also did those Fort Minor shows by himself. It's a ton of pressure, but Mike's a talented person, probably more than he realizes. I don't know what they'll do with Chester's parts, but the band can figure out a way.

Maybe it's selfish, but I don't want the band to end like this. I want them to come back more inspired than ever to honor Chester's legacy.

Gravity_LP and blackout. like this.
    Memory123

Memory123 Member

If it's true that the asian tour hasn't been cancelled yet then I take that as the band wanting to continue. However I'd prefer them not to cause it's too soon for them to go back to performing.

Update: Checked their website and the dates for Japan are still there.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    thesungoesdown

With Chester obviously as a whole.

Bane likes this.
    Memory123

Memory123 Member

You don't need to be sarcastic. Linkin Park is a band and not an one man show consisting only of Chester. I and many others hope that they chose to continue as Linkin Park sometime in the future.

blackout. likes this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Look at Paramore in 2010 when the Farro Bros left the band, everybody were pessimistic that the band would break up, saying the same shit like, "Paramore will never be the same" and what happens after that? They took time to heal themselves and reintroduce themselves to the world that they're back, stronger than before and release their "best" effort Self-Titled record. I know same thing happen to LP as well. The band needs time and we should understand that.

blackout. likes this.
    P4P3RKuT

P4P3RKuT Member

I personally think the band will carry on. Obviously it won't be the same, but there's many bands out there that have carried on when their front man has passed away. If this doesn't turn out to be the case, then I hope Mike focuses on Fort Minor.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Having my first show being Ozzfest with a bunch of people who flat out didn't like, or even want to see Linkin Park, I can tell you that my first Linkin Park Show was nothing Spectacular. I was in the Lawn section watching, singing (barely audibly) to myself trying to make it look like I was not enjoying myself just to fit in. It wasn't until a couple of other people in our group showed that they liked what they were hearing did I feel more comfortable about showing that I was liking the songs they were playing. My High School years were not fun.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Does a Linkin Park without Chester still get offered a headlining spot?

I'm not disagreeing but it's an interesting question.

Paramore didn't lose their singer. It's different. Other members are more easily replaced. If Paramore lost Hayley Williams it would be disastrous. Ever heard of Flyleaf lately? Nah, you havent. They lost their singer Lacey Sturn. You can replace instrumental sounds but you can't replace a voice.

Memory123

Memory123 Member

They would certainly get booked for festivals. Mostly because media is interested in them. If headliner or not doesn't really matter. The band never cared about stuff like that. They do music cause they love it & not for commercial success.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To be fair, I think he meant the band with CHESTER will never play together again. With Mike on lead or what may be they may continue, but I believe the OP was referring to the lineup as we came to know it for 20 years.

Blake likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Future shows, if and when the band decides to do them, will be really odd. Chester had such a massive and energetic presence on stage, it's hard to imagine a LP concert without.

And then a concert without his vocals is extremely hard to imagine, too. Chester is a big part of why their live shows were so damn amazing.