Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I know, and we will forever. And we're here for you, just as you've been here for us :)

Carla and Lynn like this.
  2. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you very much <3 I'm hurting the last 4 days and I'm really thankful for your words. Here for each other.

3. Joh

Joh Active Member

Thanks for your words.
    I also experienced a lot of people around me passing away the last one and a half years.
    It's just that for some reasons Chester feels like the hardest experience in this sad series.

It will get better but it will take it's time. I am still having a hard time to accept a world without him :(

Lynn likes this.
  4. karlatf

karlatf Member

Hopefully you are right :) I haven't dealt with much death if any at all so I'm specially inadecuent to deal with all of this; I'll hold your views close to heart.

Lynn likes this.
  5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

@Joh: Chester felt like one of the hardest because during your periods of grief you likely turned to Linkin Park. Some of their songs probably helped you when you were depressed over the losses of your loved ones, and now to have the vocalist of that band gone, you feel like your voice during those times is gone as well. It's understandable, but his music is still there. It always will be.

6. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Just seen the new video release for talking to myself. Made me smile and cry so hard for our loss. Totally awesome video but just brings it home like a slap in the face what has happened. Chester I miss you so very much it hurts all of the time :cry:

Lynn likes this.
  7. Joh

Joh Active Member

So true.
    Thanks for your words <3

8. Joh

Joh Active Member

Just rewatched their youtube video "hard to listen - one more light - linkin park" where Chester sais "... it makes you wanna fucking cry ... that's why that song is great ... it's fucking hard to listen to... "... gave me a little smile...

Carla likes this.
  9. Silver

Silver Member

Seeing how all the LP Fans are sticking together and supporting each other, brightened my day by alot.

Carla, darkviruz and Lynn like this.
  10. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

It really does, all the time. Almost a month and I still can't get over it cause everytime when I'm alright for two days, on the third day something happens that literally kills me inside and all recovery is gone. Still asking myself how I should be strong and how I should stand tall when not even my hero could. I'm never as strong as he was. And if that sounds bad, don't worry - I'm not suicidal.

Carla likes this.
  11. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Right.
    I could only watch the Videos a few times in the last weeks. At some point it becomes too much for me. Especially when Chester is singing.
    Hope it will be better sometime. Always goes up and down.
    I am glad the LP community holds together.

Carla, Lynn and Doridorica like this.
  12. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

@Lynn really glad to hear that you are not suicidal. I can relate to the doing okay for a few days and then something drags you back. I still ask myself why I should be strong when even chester couldn't. I do have a lot of suicidal thoughts still and know they will be here for a while yet but I am able to ask them to whisper instead of shout at me now, which I guess is progress

Lynn likes this.
  13. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

There is nothing wrong with thinking you can be stronger than he was in his last moments. Do you feel how carrying on his legacy and positive impacts on our lives makes us stronger than we were before? This influence is not bound to a living person, it is on our minds.

14. kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

Man, every time I see people open up about their struggles and their emotions since this tragedy and see more people respond to them with "you're not alone, things will get better, I'm here for you, etc.", the more it reminds me of how I get people telling me the same things when I open up, but it actually makes me feel worse for some reason. Literally nothing calms me down or makes me feel better. No matter how many times I talk to my counselor, no matter how often I exercise to relieve stress, no matter how many obstacles I overcome without realizing it until years later, no matter how much closer I get to my life goals, no matter many times people reassure to me that things will get better or that I'm not alone, I just continue to feel worse and feel even more isolated. At this rate, I'm slowly beginning to worry if I may start having suicidal thoughts when I'm in my 40's and 50's. If Chester, Chris Cornell, and Robin Williams couldn't overcome their trauma despite all the success they had, how the hell am I going to get through the shit I'm dealing with and have dealt with for my whole life? I feel like nothing in my life has changed since I was a little kid. Literally nothing helps me, which makes me very alarmed.

I don't trust any hotlines either, because they're all full of fucking assholes who don't truly give a shit. I guess I all I can do is fight this shit on my own and hope for the best.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Carla, Lynn and dontFindOutMe like this.
  15. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Yeah sometimes I feel it making me strong but other days I just barely know how to keep going. Feeling lost in this world knowing he isn't there anymore. Knowing he couldn't be strong ... Already 4 weeks today. Together we'll keep fighting @Carla You're strong too and yeah it's indeed progress to even try to silence your thoughts. I know together we'll make it possible. Just talk and find the right way between confrontation and distance.

Carla likes this.
  16. ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

I am at the gym right now and LP came on the radio....some of his lyrics are extra haunting now :/ but I have myself a good workout to it. I was watching a interview from a few months ago with Chester and Mike and the way Chester was talking about his depression reminds me of one of my friends who battles with clinical depression which concerns me that eventually she will do the same thing. Sept 2nd we will be having a huge memorial for Chester out in Vegas. I am gonna go but not sure if I am ready.

17. Derek

We have to right now. This was a tragedy that nobody ever planned for, or even anticipated could ever be a reality for Chester. Despite his honesty in having a horrible 2016, to all of us (even some of his closest friends) we felt he was past it and on his way to recovery. It came as a shock to everyone, and the last thing we can do as fans is grow apart and let things crumble. As @Dekar said, carrying on his legacy ensures that he will always be honored.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    kcg, Joh, Carla and 1 other person like this.
  18. Silver

Silver Member

Sorry if my message came across as a bit "ignorant". That wasn't my intention. It's just amazing how healing it can be to read other people's comment.

Carla likes this.
  19. Derek

Oh no!! It didn't at all. I was just agreeing with you :D.

20. Silver

Silver Member

Oh ops lol. My bad I misunderstood, my concentration hasn't been the best lately :p!

Lynn likes this.