Linkin Park To Hold Los Angeles Event and Thank You

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 22, 2017.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I miss Chester so much, and it's just going to be even more painful to see LP on stage without him there. To be honest, I am not ready to see LP on stage right now. But I will watch it because I support the love of the band and the love from the fans and we should all come together right now.

Lotus, Doridorica and Mysticliz like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

"Build the future of Linkin Park".

Well there's our answer to the fire and brimstone "They're gonna quit" people. Seriously, though... It says something that they're ready to hold an event. LP are tough, and I think at this point the band is like family to each other. I'm glad that they've found the strength to do something like this, and I wish them the best. I wish I were able to attend, but alas.

brady, Joh, Carla and 1 other person like this.
    esangelus

esangelus Member

I'm eager to see what the future of the band would be. Since they referred to it as the future of Linkin Park, I'd like to think that the guys will continue on perhaps under a new name (maybe even referencing the old one, i.e. Rage Against the Machine and Prophets of Rage). If they do go with a new singer, it'd be impossible to replace Chester and the guys know that more than anyone. So, my hope would be that they choose someone who loved Chester as much as all of the fans. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to the band making one more album under the Linkin Park name either if they did it like Pink Floyd did with their last album (Primarily instrumental with the last song having vocals). The band could definitely make a poignant goodbye album for Chester. As a musician, expressing my own feelings of grief through my music has been vital to my acceptance of Chester's passing. I couldn't work at all for weeks.. I'm still picking up the pieces. Regardless, I'll be happy to see the guys in whatever the future of their music holds. I'll support them 100% because I know that whatever decision they come to will be made with the utmost gravity and sensitivity.

Hybridora, Carla and Mysticliz like this.
    wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Hi everyone,, I am still in pain.
    All of us lost a friend,, because that was chester for me and the rest of the band as well,,, friends.

They have been there in difficult times, and in happy moments.
    I´ve growned up listening to the work of this 6 guys, and that music,,, as someone said, is the soundtrack of my life.

Mike, Brad, Joe, Dave, Rob,, I love you guys,, i want to say thank you for your work, your music means a lot for me, i hope you can share more of your talent with us.

Chester, I miss you man. The world would be a better place if you were here today.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm in the same boat. I won't hate it like I did with Blink-182 post Tom because the way both singers went out is different but I probably won't listen to it. If I do listen to it (let's be real, I might not be able to resist), there's a good chance I won't like it. In Between and Sorry for Now are two of my all time favorite Linkin Park songs but No Roads Left and Invisible are two of my least favorite Linkin Park songs. If it ends up being anything but a hip hop record I probably won't like it.

crazygolfer likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

"I don't like this thing that hasn't happened yet."

Great attitude.

Carla, Avo, Crankshaft and 4 others like this.
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Question for those who are uncomfortable with LP going on with 5 members...

Did you guys forget how Chester would say how lucky he was to be in Linkin Park? The 6 had a great run. I'm sure he'd be proud of the guys continuing to make honest music that makes the public keep saying "This is Linkin Park?"

Joh, Carla, Avo and 2 others like this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

You guys forget that Linkin Park is Mike's baby. He is the reason for LP and their sound and music. I'm sure he will figure out some way to make it all work.
    I think the most logical would be "Linkin Park with XYZ" like how Chester did with STP under "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington". It's not a direct replacement for the singer they used to have because that person is irreplaceable. But it does give them room to try things out with new people.

BTorio, hannalily, Carla and 4 others like this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

They're not replacing him, if they continue it will just be the 5 of them.

brady, Carla and Deliveranze like this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I felt warm inside while reading the post. I stumbled upon it on Joe Hahn's Instagram. I am happy to see they've gather enough strength already to put something together to honor Chester, it's been such a short time.

It also lit me up a little bit to read "...as we build the future to Linkin Park". Guys, it's okay to make conjectures, we don't know exactly what's going to happen, but please, try not to judge already on something that hasn't even taken shape yet. I just can't believe how some are already being negative about it, and that is probably the only downside of our fanbase.

You can't just throw around the concept of them replacing Chester like it was some sort of worn underwear. We lost an amazing artist and an immensely generous soul, but they've lost A BROTHER. Would you replace family as well?

The first thing we've shown is comprehension and kindness to the band, we have to keep it that way as things take form.

Sasuke, Joh, Alexrednex and 6 others like this.
    Mysticliz

Mysticliz Well-Known Member

I love what you wrote... I will admit I see all these comments and my first feeling is ppl assuming this change is going to happen immediately... I don't.. . They have just release OML... they normally tour then take time out for themselves.. ok that does seem to entail spending heaps of time together.. but it's chill time..
    Then they go bk to working on the next body of work.. . So general there's a year or 2 between releases... so I personally don't expect anything from them musically for that kinda time frame...
    Also this L.A. event... Phoenix just said they are planning... and details soon... that may well be weeks maybe even a month away.. . They will still be in a LOT of emotional pain .. if us fans are still hurting badly multiply that by at least 100 to gauge how those the closest to him will be feeling... the guys have had the wind knocked out of them .. sucker punched... let them recover... it will take time for them to adjust.

Rant over.. lol

Carla likes this.
    darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

That warms the heart that the 5 will honor Chester. On the other hand, it is also very sad.
    It is still strange to think that the Chester will no longer be on the stage.

Carla likes this.
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

How do you know that explain?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They spent 17 years with one lead vocalist. If they do ever add someone new, I'm sure it'll be years off from now. They have to make sure they can trust someone else like they trusted Chester first. That's why I believe the next LP record will just be Mike.

brady, Sasuke, Carla and 4 others like this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Exactly, we're all jumping to conclusions but this probably means one memorial for Chester so they can ease their mind a bit, give themselves a chance to honour him and say goodbye. Then they'll go home or to studio and continue healing.
    I don't expect them to make any decisions this year either nor probably next year.

Carla and Mysticliz like this.
    Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

It's clear that Chester is irreplaceable but if they ever consider replace him (please don't!) I only wouldn't mind if it was Lzzy Hale from Halestorm. Just like Chester, she can sing with such a powerful and sweet voice, plus the fact that being a female vocalist will bring something new to LP and avoid comparisons with Chester as if it was a male vocalist replacing him.

But let's hope that won't ever happen, the five of them are completely capable of carry on the LP legacy.

Mysticliz and darkviruz like this.
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

How is everyone at the LPA and beyond holding up?

I haven't been all that active since the devastating news first broke, and still haven't been able to listen to anything related to Linkin Park, including side projects. It's all just too painful, knowing how it all ends. This message from the band gives me a tiny bit of hope, but it's not enough. What I do know for certain is that the passing of the one vocalist I looked up to for so long has left me feeling more broken than before. What I used to find so enjoyable in day to day life has now become almost joyless. I am losing my enthusiasm for life itself, and my depression continues to deepen.

I know this isn't about me, it's about Chester's legacy, and what he did to brighten the lives of many who have felt what he felt throughout his life. The above is how I honestly feel at this point, and Chester's untimely passing acted as a catalyst that amplified whatever I was feeling before. Depression is something I am very familiar with, something that will stay with me no matter what I do to improve my life situation. Chester, despite all of his personal success and worldwide acclaim, could not manage his innermost feelings, or "demons", and gave in to them at the worst moment possible.

Ultimately, I hope everyone is doing a little better now that more time has passed. I can't say for certain when I will be "better off", as the past month has been a daily struggle that gets more difficult.

Carla likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I hope things get better for you soon man. Hang in there, we're all here for you. I mean that.

darkviruz likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

It's very interesting to imagine how a solo Mike LP record would sound. And even though 2017 was a gift and a curse for the band (putting out Chester's last LP album and the obvious), I'm excited for the band's future.

Sasuke, Iopia, CannaKippers and 2 others like this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

tbh I'd bet any future Linkin Park album likely won't stray too far away from OML even without Chester. All of the other guys talked about how immensely proud of the new sound they were and they've already demonstrated they're comfortable with bringing on guest spots to cover other vocal angles.

Also I don't think it's so bad to say "I likely won't enjoy it" as much, even before it's happened. Yeah it's "Mikes" band, and yeah Chester was the last guy on board, but the mans voice was a lot of why people dug the band. They're not done for now, but it'll definitely be an uphill climb and "I don't know about all that..." is an understandable response.

AndreyKamensky likes this.