Linkin Park uploads a compilation of clips from Chester memorials around the world to YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Sep 7, 2017.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The official Linkin Park YouTube channel just uploaded a montage of clips from memorials held around the world in memory of Chester. The video is set to an instrumental version of "One More Light" and ends with a short message from the band and the new Linkin Park hexagon logo with a missing side.

If you've attended a memorial for Chester, or just want to talk about your coping, please don't hesitate to use this thread to do so. We are all here to listen and support one another. Watch the video below and tell us what you think in our forums.

We'd also like to once again provide a link to Music For Relief where you can donate to the One More Light Fund, set up with the intention of helping people going through similar struggles that Chester went through. You can join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtags #FuckDepression and #MakeChesterProud. You can also find phone numbers to international suicide prevention hotlines here.

Rest in peace, Chester.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

Sasuke likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

What an incredible show of support. And this all happened spontaneously, it came from within the hearts of every single fan. I wish I could've attended some of these memorials, but I won't make a big deal out of it. It doesn't matter if it was big or a small event, or a little tribute at home. Every little gesture of love counts tremendously, and Chester must be definitely smiling watching us all come together, spreading love and togetherness. He must be surprised though, as in that moment of weakness he probably felt very alone.

The messages of love, strength, and fighting spirit that he, along with his 5 brothers in Linkin Park delivered through their music shall remain timeless. I for one will cherish this 17 year-worth body of work as a treasure forever, and look forward to whatever the rest of the guys are planning if they ever feel ready to do so.

This fanbase is unique, I want to congratulate all of you who played a part on all of these memorials, big or small, public or private, and those who continue to give their love and support to those who are fighting their own battles. It's really warming to read all the messages here, some on Twitter and of course, the fantastic job that Talinda is doing right now as she heals. I have found enough comfort myself to listen to the band again and enjoy their music in a way I never did before.

Thanks LP and members of the community.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Video definitely got me choked up, it's all still so surreal.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Wow, amazing!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not crying. You're crying.

Also, I'm crying.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Such a beautiful tribute. Got me emotional - it had certainly been some time.

Fuck.

Sasuke likes this.
    MadNyankomon-Senpai

MadNyankomon-Senpai Well-Known Member

It's trending worldwide on YouTube right now.
    [​IMG]

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

...fuck. ;-;

kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

This shows just how powerful music is.

AndreyKamensky and Sasuke like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Watching this video, the surreal 'this doesn't seem real' feeling came back tenfold. Even seven weeks in, it's still so hard to grasp that this actually has happened. Right about now we would've completed the first part of the North American One More Light Tour leg, with the band resting a little bit before the October dates. Instead, the US tour never happened, and we've spent 7 weeks trying to come to grips with the loss of someone who (to many of us) felt like a dear friend.

The pain may become easier to handle, but I think this disbelief is going to exist for a very, very long time. I was listening to LP yesterday and thought to myself how Chester always seemed to try something new with his voice on every album, that it was always fun to see how he would surprise us or push himself next. It hit me that we're never going to have that ever again. We'll never be able to see what Chester could've accomplished post One More Light. And part of me thinks he was just getting started. Tragic.

Doridorica, @LP2K12, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
    Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

This had me shed tears again. So beautiful. I'm not a religious person, but at times like this I want to believe that there's a heaven and that Chester can see how much he meant to millions around the world.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

No Words.

Only Tears.

Sasuke and Captain-EO like this.
    Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Beautifully said and hugs to all of you.

Andreina and Sasuke like this.
    Nadja

Nadja Active Member

My city is there and watching this brought me into empty sadness...

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Beautiful souls from every corner of the world. This fan base is truly unique.

darkviruz likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

A very touching tribute to the man who touched so many with his voice. Chester probably would've scoffed at the thought of a worldwide tribute to him, and that modesty was why he was universally loved.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

As devastating as this still is, the reaction from the LP community is still one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen from people.

darkviruz and Andreina like this.
    darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

You are so right!
    Video made me cry and showed how much we help each other.

Vic

Vic No game no life

The beauty and sadness of this video made me cry so much, much love to all the community. Chester will never truly die, he will live forever in our best memories and hearts.

AndreyKamensky and darkviruz like this.