When to get to a venue?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Reed To Black, Sep 3, 2017.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Hi guys. I just got two tickets to see Nothing More in Memphis in about a week and a half. I was wondering when I should get to the venue in order to get good seats/standing spots. It's general admission only and I've never been to a concert like that. Thanks for the help.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In general, i attend to a concert 60-90 minutes before entry. But i guess its a difference between how big bands are. I guess a hour should work.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I got barricade at multiple shows by arriving 3 hours early.

1 hour before doors should still get you a good spot, however, if you don't mind not being right at front.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I live in Houston where traffic was created by Satan so two-three hours should suffice.

Ghoul

Ghoul Member

It all depends on the band and the venue. I remember seeing Airbourne in 2010, turned up 10 mins before doors and got front row. Same with Combichrist and Gary Numan, but I think the latter was more due to the venue. For Linkin Park I got front row by turning up at 1PM. Even then there were 10 people before me. These days I cba and often turn up around 8-8:30 cos I only want to see the headliner and their sets are usually at 9-9:30.

I love Nothing More, I think they're bigger in the states than over here so I'd imagine 90-120 mins before doors for them.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I'm going to a Bone Thugs show near my house next month. I plan to give myself about 90 minutes.