Linkin Park Announce Chester Bennington Tribute Show in Los Angeles on Oct. 27th

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 18, 2017.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I modified my post slightly

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I totally get what you're saying. Surely, the band would've loved to get the Hollywood Bowl on a Saturday night so maybe a Friday show is the best they could come up with. I wish they had it the weekend of Nov. 12-13. What matters is that they muster the strength to return to the stage and do their late, great comrade justice. Chester would've gotten pissed at them for moping around.

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

I cannot afford to attend so I hope there is a stream of it. I would pay for PPV if need be.

Sonic and Hybridora like this.
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Just got my presale code. Will be at work refreshing that page a couple minutes before it starts lol.

Blake likes this.
    Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Got my presale code, too. I think I'm going to fly down from Seattle.

I've never been to California at all (haven't even been in Seattle all that long), so it might be a good opportunity to explore the city along with making it to the event.

Blake likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

As someone who is also from Seattle, California is a great tourist state. Have fun man!

Anthony Maroon likes this.
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Once everyone know's if they're going or not we should meet up and hang out. I've never been to LA this will be my first time and I'm gonna be alone so have no idea what to do lol.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Go to Amoeba Records and buy some music there

Captain-EO likes this.
    Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Thanks! It's a shame you can't make it, but hopefully it'll be live streamed.

Same! I'm trying to see if I can drag someone along with me, but it'll likely be a solo trip. I've got a few places I'm going to try and check out while I'm in town, but I wouldn't be opposed to meeting up with some folks before or after the show!

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

I really hope they're going to stream it. Don't wanna miss it...

EricLP

EricLP Member

I can't miss this show. I have been a fan of Linkin Park since I was in high school but I never got to see them live. I bought tickets to the One More Light World Tour show in San Jose, but then that was cancelled due to Chester's passing. That would have been my first LP concert... I hope they stream this event online so fans who are unable to attend the event can still take part in it. It will be a special evening.

On a somewhat unrelated note, has anyone who purchased tickets to the One More Light NA tour received their presale code from Ticketmaster for the Hollywood Bowl show? I haven't received my code yet and I'm freaking out. I don't know when they'll send them out. I was placed in Group 2 for the San Jose show and I bought presale tickets. :(

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I can't imagine they won't stream this. They know it's important to the fans.

Alexrednex and blackout. like this.
    Jamtia

Jamtia Member

Ugh I wish I was a LP Underground member. If I joined now I wouldn't get a presale code according to the site. I always shrugged this off and planned to join at a later date but never did. Kind of kicking myself in the back. Wanted the chance to get really good seats.

But as far as the concert itself goes, I think I'm going to try to go. It's sooner rather than later, but I respect the band's decision. I would be flying across the country. I'm guessing I could find a plane ticket for about $300-400. I'm more concerned about the actual ticket prices though. Hopefully they aren't skyrocketed too high. Plus I have to see who would be able to go with me. Yeah I'm an adult and could go by myself, but I'd rather travel with a friend.

I'm guessing it will be streamed/recorded. I don't see why they wouldn't. But still I would like to be there. I think it would help me a lot. I've seen the band before live, but to me this is something spiritual and kinda like a one time thing. Not them performing, but just the aurora of the building that night. To me it's my chance to grieve and celebrate with the band and the awesome fans who are family.

SinisterNL

SinisterNL Member

Can someone make a time-countdown clock for the group2 sale. I have a hard time converting LA time to Amsterdam time!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Despite that he was really vocal on his social media account, not everyone needs to do something in their show because everyone has their own way to deal with loss.

Sasuke likes this.
    ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

I really wish this wasn't in October, I can't get work off in oct :(

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

As a teen whi lives in Europe at his last year of high school it's impossible for me to go so I hope they'll stream the event. It would have been great, but I'll enjoy it anyway from home if the opportunity is given.

blackout. likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I will have a hard time watching this if it's livestreamed. I can barely make it through the album...

Sasuke likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I will not be surprised if this event gets sold out today, during the pre-sale. They have group 1, group 2, LPU, then North American One More Light ticket holders all teed up for pre-sales today. I'm seeing all kinds of messages about people flying from across the country for this. I wouldn't be surprised if the general public on Friday has zero tickets available by that time.

Jamtia

Jamtia Member

That's what I'm worried about. The groups aren't part of LPU?