Watch Linkin Park's Episode of Carpool Karaoke on Facebook Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 12, 2017.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Could you imagine Rob being there? He'd likely stare out of the window instead of fooling around and singing with the others.

ZelesteBeauty and CannaKippers like this.
    Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Watched this again today and man, how I love that last performance of Numb. Chester was singing his heart out and seemed to be enjoying it so much! Him singing "is be more like me and be less like MIIIKE" is hilarious :D

It just kills me when the video ends, knowing we won't see any more of him doing fun stuff like this. Damnit Chester.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

It was really fun to watch. This episode showed the Chester we all love so much - A Funny, energetic, friendly, caring, emotional & happy dude.
    I hope me make him proud.
    Love you all, guys!

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

That host is very annoying...

Chester seemed to have a good time and sang with all his energy as he always did.

His voice was so powerful...

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

This is how Chester should be remembered, always having the loudest laughter in the room. Though there's that other somber side to it knowing this was filmed just days before his passing. What he went through likely came and went periodically, but he was genuinely happy here, you can't fake that.

I appreciate his family allowing us all to see this.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

funny but very sad and hard to watch, chester seemed so happy and full of life here. But him opening up the window singing and screaming out the window i can see the pain in him, its the same pain as i share with him

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Fist of all thank you to Talinda and the rest of the family for allowing this to be aired, it really shows Chester as the person he was. A geat, fun guy with an awesome voice.

This was fun to watch, love seeng the guys messing around enjoying themselves, actually thought Ken was ok, but too much at times but he's a funny guy. Hot dogs and Ketchup. Lol.

Depression comes in waves, it is perfectly possible to sometimes feel absolutely fine and happy and be able to enjoy joking around with your friends. Nothing is better then being around friends and family having a good time, if anything I think people with depression relish those moments even more. This is the Chester I'll remember.

Nicholas and AndreyKamensky like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes, and no. It's entirely possible that he had no suicidal thoughts here and was genuinely happy in these moments, enjoying life and enjoying the company of those around him. What happened July 19th/20th may very well have been a sudden thing that sadly he just couldn't overcome. However, as someone who has struggled with depression his entire life I can tell you that sometimes you just get really good at putting on a game face. You become an expert at appearing happy/making others happy, because you don't want anyone to see how you're truly feeling or become worried for you. A 'mask' gets put on because you don't want to become a burden.

We'll never know if Chester was putting on that mask here, or was genuinely happy, because he's no longer around to answer that question. But we can take solace in knowing we were left with a video that is one of the best examples of who Chester really was: a kind, charming, and humorous soul whose smile and laughter couldn't help but lift up those around him. It was impossible not to smile when Chester was in the room, and that was on clear display here.

LohithMohan, Lotus, Nicholas and 3 others like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm glad you said this. Randomly, a guy at my job (A) was cracking on another co-worker (B) because he openly admitted depression. (A) was saying people who have depression don't ever say anything about it and always mask it (like you said) and those who do openly admit to it are just looking for attention.

The first step with anything in life (substance, financial, mental, etc.) when you have a problem, is admitting to yourself you have a problem. Sometimes it's just too much to overcome (Chester), and sometimes you're able to cope, but for how long? A lot of the time the reason people don't admit it is because they don't want to deal with the backlash from others. Such is social life.

For myself, I feel I have my depressive moments. It comes in waves. I'm terrible when I'm alone and inside of my own head, but I have yet to out right say I'm depressed. I've said this to my counselor and she has suggested anti-depressants but I simply refuse to be on pills because of what medication can do to your chemical balance.

Okay, that was longer than I intended. I like talking about it, but it's hard to talk to someone who can't relate.

Nicholas and AndreyKamensky like this.
    insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

This. 100% this. I can confirm this 100% true as I go through the same thing myself as, like I've said I suffer from depression too, and suicidal thoughts etc. Yeah you put on a happy face for those around you, because the last thing you want is too upset those closest too you. A mask indeed. It's terrible, it's not good, and while I don't like Chester's suicide, I can at least understand what he felt like that.

Also when depressed, you just exist, and go through the mentions, etc. I've found. I don't usually post this kind of personal info online, but I've made an exception because those of you who are depressed, absolutely consider anti-depressants, and certainly consider therapy.

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Just imagine walking past that car with Chester screaming those lyrics out of the window! Would've been awesome! Good to see those four having a blast together.

Other than that: Hang in there all! Here's to hoping that there's a lot of LP on the horizon...

Iopia likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's what I was thinking. I would be like "wait....did Chester just drive by screaming his own song at the top of his lungs?"

:lol: