Linkin Park Announce YouTube Live Stream for Show in Honor of Chester Bennington on October 27

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 20, 2017.

Crankshaft

Crankshaft Je m'appelle Baguette

I'm pretty sure it is. And even though it will be a bittersweet moment once it starts, i feel like it will definitely be worth the long night.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It'll be Saturday afternoon for me, sweet :)

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I have a practical exam the day after, wish me luck lol.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Looks like I'll have to miss watching it, but thankfully the stream will be archived.

Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Guys i know this is a little off topic but.... LP are nominated for best Alternative Rock Act going against imagine dragons and 21 pilots on the AMA's. Mike retweeted the link. We need to vote for them! Billboard even had a video on the page stating "Why you should vote for Linkin Park"

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Lucky you. It'll be 4.45 in the morning for me, so I guess I'll watch it Saturday afternoon too, but a recording of it ;)

Anyway, watching this show will be a strange experience.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Looking forward!

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I've never been to LA. I assume Uber is readily available in and around Los Angeles and that would be a good option for transportation? I ask because I received an email, from the venue, with a bunch of different types of transportation options and none were related to Uber.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Uber and Lyft are widely available in LA, it's just that getting to and from the Hollywood Bowl is a pain in the ass in general, there's limited stacked parking. The best way to get there are the paid park and ride shuttles scattered throughout the city. There's also a red line metro subway stop a little less than a mile from the Hollywood Bowl. But yeah if you decide to use Uber or Lyft its going to be hard to get out of there, plus surge pricing, you might want to walk far away from the hollywood bowl to get picked up.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I would recommend Lyft solely because you can use "Lyft Line" which means you share your ride with someone going to the same area. Sure its a slightly longer ride, and yes you're sitting with a stranger, but you usually pay a LOT less because you're splitting the fare with the other person. Like 50-60% less in some cases. And also I believe Lyft gives you a credit for 5 dollars off your first ten rides if you sign up.

...and no, I don't work for Lyft. I just refuse to use Uber :lol:.

iamsatan

Uber has something similar called Uberpool, but yeah I agree if you're going to use a rideshare, Lyft is better but there are way more Uber drivers out here in LA.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

The Westwood Lot pickup is 9.4 miles from the Hollywood Bowl. I'm told it takes one hour with traffic to travel those few miles. That's crazy! I think I'm going to use Uber, leave El Segundo by 5 and hope that's enough time to get to the Hollywood Bowl by 6:30. Can't believe I'm saying that a 13 mile trip takes 1.5 hours but apparently that's the case in LA.

iamsatan

You should be good if you leave at 5 but I'd leave earlier if you can to be honest, LA traffic is horrendous all over the city, especially on Fridays after work hours. I live 12 miles from Downtown LA it can take over an hour to get to work and it's just as bad if not worse getting home.

MarcusArelius likes this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Will the show stay on YouTube after the stream? I was trying to get someone to cover me for work Friday night to watch it live but was unsuccessful, so now im hoping to watch it Saturday morning when I get home if it's available.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I can't imagine that they go to the effort of setting up the stream, only to delete it afterwards. But they haven't said anything about.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I am both dreading and hyped for tomorrow. :X

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Stream link: