Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington - Stream Details + Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 27, 2017.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

this show and live stream made me realize the friendships I've made here also. I am lonely otherwise and would probably have become mentally unhealthy a year or two ago. Probably a self centered way of looking at it but I'm not exactly thinking with a rational mind today.

Abel, Jesse, RyRy and 5 others like this.
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

What a great experience that was. Great night, awesome setlist and Chester would be so proud. It made me realise even more how much of a good singer Chester was when there were guests singing LP songs.
    Really glad they played Roads Untraveled - that sounded really tight. And Mike, absolutely amazing job stepping up to do a LOT of vocals. Fantastic.

SmallCapybara and BTorio like this.
    KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

To be honest I’ve been in a dark place since Chester passed. But after last nights performance, I feel like I can finally start to move on. I feel like the band gave Chester a proper fairwell and Im glad they shared it with all of us.

Abel and BTorio like this.
    A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

Ilsey Juber has an insanely good voice. Wow. And I hope to see a studio version of Looking For An Answer. Mike is tough to write that just 8 days after Chester died

crashandburn24

crashandburn24 Forfeit the game

One of my favorite performances of night was probably nobody can save me with Steven McKellar. It was fresh and reassuring seeing Mike take the lead and step up out of his comfort zone on a song like this. He did this the entire performance as well (one more light, the messenger. Ect.) while containing emotion so hats off to him. As for the rest of the band as well. I know I just reiterated what everyone else has said but it goes to show just how unique and close the band is to their fans. I will forever have respect for Mike and the band moving forward with whatever they decide to do as I feel this was an appropriate sendoff / tribute. Not speaking for them but I'm sure this will help them move forward and better accept his passing in retrospect now that they have performed live.

Jesse likes this.
    Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Gotta say, that guy who sang Somewhere I Belong was distinctly average.

Good show otherwise.

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Thought the show was awesome, a great emotional and fun tribute to an amazing person. Really appreciate the effort all the guests went to to be part of this celebration. They were all great.

Personal highlights were APFMH, TTM/SE and Rebellion, as well as all of the Mike solo parts especially the opening sequence which was incredible. Really wish we'd been able to see RU performed with Chester but was still so happy to see it played live.

The band did an incredible job, Mike surprised me with how much singing he did and the song arrangements were fantastic. In the future, whether LP carry on or not I hope Mike continues singing as I really enjoy his performances.

The show encapsulates everything that makes me proud to be a fan of this band and part of this fan community. So much love and respect and a real connection. Whatever happens in the future they have left an amazing legacy. Chester was a massive part of that and I am grateful that he was able to bring so much happiness to so many people.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Chester is one of the greatest rock vocalists of a generation, so for anyone saying the guest vocalists weren't as good as Chester..... no shit. What were you expecting?

Recalibrate your expectations going forward or you will forever be underwhelmed. Whomever comes in as the new lead vocalist (if it happens) is absolutely screwed with some of you.

It's not about the quality of the performances themselves, it's about paying tribute to a legend. And they all did admirably so.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Mitch, Abel, Shadow and 9 others like this.
    Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. All the guests did a fantastic job paying tribute to a legendary singer, many performing in their own style which is perfectly fine. I would rather that then people trying to imitate Chester, no one will ever be the same as him.

If the band ever gets a new singer I hope they bring their own different individual style and don't attempt to copy Chester.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Even if i had to admit that some guest came pretty close. Deryk and M. Shadows did a pretty awesome job. Never expected that i want such a Burn It Down performance in my life :lol:

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Hopefully looking for an answer will evolved into something beautiful.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

...all time.

Modern Guitar God, Lotus and Ksandory like this.
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I would love to see Jon Green and Ilsey Juber to collaborate more often with the band and tour with the band in the future. I'm surprised how Ilsey delivered SE and TTM. Amazing show, amazing set with all the amazing people. #MakeChesterProud

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Beautiful. Stunning. And so mature.

The pain in Mikes eyes the entire time, yet the way he carried that show. Amazing. So much respect, so much love.

Made the mistake of watching it on the plane. People around me seemed a bit unsure of why I was crying haha

Ksandory likes this.
    Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

So, I dont want to repeat everything. I feel almost the same as most of you.

Just one thing again: Chester´s voice and performance live was definitely one of the most unique ones of the world and that will be for a couple of hundred years.

Just a legend!

My feeling after the show was kind of suspicious that this will be as sort of "goodbye to Linkin Park". Maybe they will do something with music in future (Mike continue Fort Minor?).

I hope that anyone can tell me the converse thoughts. Would make me feel better :cry:

ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

I have no words. Numb made me cry...mike made me cry. Loved seeing avenged sevenfold and Jonathan Davis. Love alanis but hate that blonde hair lmao

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Agreed, It was an amazing show. But this did make me realize (even more I guess) what a gifted vocalist Chester was. And that's exactly why I hope LP won't try and find a replacement. I feel like no one can do the songs justice like Chester did and I don't really want to lower my expectations :p. So I think they should somehow try to make it work with Mike as the lead.

Yes, you're right.... any new vocalist that they might add is completely screwed with me :lol:

Btw, I don't think anyone here is purposely ragging on the guest artists or anything, just pointing out how talented Chester was.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    ZelesteBeauty likes this.
    Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

95% sure that linkin park are gonna continue. Perfect way to say goodbye to Chester

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

I cried from beginning to the end.

Mike was amazing. It was really painful to watch and it showed me, and made me realize, that nobody can match Chester live.
    The LP songs are really hard to perform live and Chester did it with so much ease that I was surprised how bad other singers sound when they try to make covers.

It shows how amazing Chester voice was.

Mike was the best of them all, his voice is better and better, he can be the new lead singer for LP, definitely. Would have loved to see Sorry for now live.

That new song is amazing and I hope he will continue to work on it.

LP should go on. Mike can handle this. They can adapt the existing songs for live shows. I really hope LP will go on.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Loved the event. Tore up various times. Made me realize now how much I miss Chester in LP and how integral he was to the whole sound. I enjoyed the various guest as they filled in the many roles of Chester vocals. I am sure I wasn't the only one (haven't read through the entire thread) but Derek from Sum 41 (whom I already liked) did a good job putting his touch to the band.

Even if there is a new lead vocalist in a possible future, I will be concern with the overall songwriting chemistry. It will be a new set of emotions to write the materials from and that's something I would need to get adjusted to.

Michele and Modern Guitar God like this.