Vulnerable- A Short Film I made about Depression and Suicide Awareness

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by crazygolfer, Dec 15, 2017.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    I would love to share with you all a personal short film I made which spreads awareness on both depression and suicide. In this film, I covered the walls of a room with lyrics from Linkin Park, Dead By Sunrise, and Grey Daze as a tribute to Chester while also putting on display my personal demons. This film means a lot to me as I've poured my heart and soul into it. I hope you enjoy:

PS: Please watch in 1080p so you can read the lyrics on the walls more clearly.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

That was very interesting. I like the "solution" of the video. From all the "depressiv" lyrics, to The Messenger, that was pretty clever imo.

crazygolfer

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my video! I'm glad you liked it. Yes, I thought it was the best way to end it along with the heart beat to show that despite my struggles, I'm still alive and have a life worth living. The only thing I was kinda concerned with was the somewhat long segment with the gun before the "flashback scene" but I decided to keep it that way in order to make the viewer feel a bit uneasy and to really see the pain. I wanted that portion to feel super realistic, which is why I didn't include a music track and kept it raw.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

How personal is this story to you, if you don't mind me asking?

crazygolfer

Well, I do struggle with depression, and I have thought about suicide a number of times. I haven't gotten really close if that's what you're asking, but I've definitely contemplated on ways. I appear in the video and all the included flashback scenes are real moments with me and my family. This video was something I wanted to do for a while as a release, but after Chester passed away, it gave me the courage to make something like this. The really quick flashback before the "rage scene" was of my childhood home and the grave was of my grandmother who I was really close to and looked at as another mother. It can be tough to talk about these things, and honestly it feels weird, but I felt like being open about it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to process those things through art. Sometimes, that can be easier than talking about it. :)

crazygolfer

Thank you! :) And yes, that's very true.