Coachella 2018

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by minuteforce, Jan 7, 2018.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Obviously, I don't live anywhere near Cali, but I look forward to the Coachella livestream every year because a number of my favourites are typically found in the lineup, and this year is no exception.

Whose sets are you looking forward to seeing at this year's Coachella? :) What opinions do you have on the major lack of rock bands and the increase in acts featuring women compared to past years' lineups?

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I was hoping for Purity Ring, I missed their 2016 set and also because it's the only way where I can see pro-shots of their live performances (I blame their fucking label for this!)

From this year's lineup I'm excited for Elohim, Nothing But Thieves, Highly Suspect, Sigrid and PVRIS. and from the headliners maybe The Weeknd.

And yeah I heard that this is the first time where there's no headlining rock band, which gives you an indication of the lack of popularity of rock especially on the mainstream. when people label stuff like Imagine Dragons or Portugal. the Man as "rock" then you know something is wrong :lol:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Eminem as a headliner for Coachella, jesus :lol:

A lot of great artists, tho. And Soulwax too! #BelgianPride

Acts that I'd watch:

The Weeknd
    SZA
    St. Vincent
    The War on Drugs
    Vince Staples
    Soulwax
    Kelela