Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I always heard that song as a story from his youth, which would go hand-in-hand with the fact that it's similar to a grey daze song.

SmallCapybara likes this.
  2. SmallCapybara

SmallCapybara Member

Linkin Park Live put this on Twitter. Interesting to see how Chester's voice is different, for example during the "shut up" part of One Step Closer.

Also led me to this: In the intro "London...what's up London?" is amusing, sounds like Chester?

3. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

This is an actual event happening near me next month lol

[​IMG]

4. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I sincerely can’t find any difference.

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Basically every musical tribute the band has ever gotten over the past six months has been a cover of either been "In The End", "Crawling" or "Numb".

Sasuke likes this.
  6. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Nooooo

:rofl:

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Man I still think LP should get a new singer in the future when they're ready.

Hybrid likes this.
  8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Yes!

9. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Nah, Shinoda is plenty enough.

Avo and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Filip

Let's be real, he's not. He's fucking incredible. But if I'm coming to a show I still wanna hear One Step Closer, Faint, Given Up and so on. And those just wouldn't work. And in the studio, it'd be a reduction of LP to one particular voice and style. Hybrid Theory has always meant blending sounds and influences, but it manifested itself best in the duality of Mike and Chester's voices and deliveries. That's an element I expect Linkin Park to keep.

We can never have Chester again. We can never have his presence, his warmth, his voice. But we can have the next best thing, whoever it may be. STP knew they couldn't have Scott anymore, so they took Chester. People bitched and complained, but in the end it was a right decision on their part. Chester loved music, he joined STP to hold their legacy, and he'd want someone to hold his.

Mike is unbelievable. I can't wait to hear whatever he's doing, under his own name, Fort Minor, or movie soundtracks or whatever. He's the core of the bands sound and I expect possible future LP music to kick ass just as much as before. But as far as vocals go, Linkin Park just needs one more.

So bring on the next best thing. And people will bitch and complain. But we'll be here supporting.

Cheers.

11. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

agreed

12. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

As much as i want to disagree with that, i have to agree.

13. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

One thing they can do is get multiple singers not a full fledged one and tour with them alternating between styles of singers that would be cool

about2break and Deliveranze like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

This is more than fine and I can get down with this.

In terms of them having a full-time singer dedicated to the band, eh, that's gonna be harder for someone to sell me on.

But then again, it probably would be exhausting to call up some guests every show to sing "One Step Closer" or "A Place For My Head." Idk.

15. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

No I meant tour with diffirent people. Like alternate a few shows

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I understood ya.

17. Filip

How would that pay off for those people?

"Oh yeah, I'm the lead singer of Linkin Park... on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays".

18. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I would definitely like Linkin Park to keep the vocal dynamic between multiple singers (Mike being one of them, of course), but honestly I wouldn't be too keen on a new addition to the band. Maybe I'm conservative on this because I'm so used to the band being a unit of these 6, now sadly 5, people, who have hardly argued and had an exceptional chemistry all these years. Due to that, I think they could keep going in this set-up, with other members joining in on the singing. We heard Brad on "Until It Breaks" and Phoenix live on "Little Things;" they can do it! And certainly they can also bring collaborators in on their records, paying homage to what Chester and Mike built while constructing something new (I do not expect the band to stop evolving). That would be my ideal scenario, but I'll be there along the way no matter what they decide to do.

EDIT: As to performing Chester's material live, I wouldn't mind for them to recruit a tour member who could respectably pull it off. Maybe a tour at a time. That's really something they'll have to think over.

EDIT 2: Makes me think of Alice in Chains. William DuVall wonderfully replaces Layne Staley both live and in the studio (though arguably Jerry is the one who replaced Layne in the studio), while adding his own new quality both to old and new material. If Linkin Park could pull an Alice in Chains, I would be a happy man.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    about2break and Avo like this.
  19. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Honestly, it’s just a weird and complex situation. They will have try and think of many ideas before coming to something that feels right. This kind of loss hits you of nowhere.

Captain-EO, about2break and Michele like this.
  20. AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

No. Like diffirent legs of tours maybe 2 singers for it.