Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Hope everybody is doing okay and has a great holiday season :hug:

:chesterscandle:

YoMarques, minuteforce and Michele like this.
  2. kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

It's been a while since someone has posted here. How's everyone holding up?

3. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Everytime I watch this show in Argentina (the first and only time I've seen the band live) I get this weird mix of emotions. One side of me is eternally grateful that I've had the opportunity to see them live, especially seeing Chester, and the other side of me feels depressed because I won't repeat that experience again in my life.

4. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

My father died on the 6th. My grandmother died on christmas. While my grandmother got really old, my father died because of cancer while he only got 56. Only days before he was talking about his recovery and future plans. I am numb and in denial.

5. Memory123

Memory123 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! There's nothing I can do or say to take your pain away now but it'll get better I promise. I wish you all the strength in the world to fight through this tough time. Don't forget to keep your loved ones close to you and talk to them when you need their support. Lots of love

6. about2break

about2break Well-Known Member

The loss of Chris hit me very hard too. Then we lost Chester. I got very angry about the illness at that point. And I was still trying to move on from my own loss at the time, someone who decided they didn't want to see me anymore, but someone who very likely could have helped me through this grief. Well, at least I had someone else who could commiserate with me. Although that has been its own struggle, but at least we were together. They like listening to the music still. I can listen to some, but sometimes it's hard to feel the same excitement, and the videos make me tear up. The carpool karaoke was really hard. It's like I could just see the intensity in Chester even then and it made me think inward. It's been pretty rough. I kinda had to step away from talking about this for awhile as i was struggling with my own issues, but then I found this group and other groups and saw all the positivity and touching tributes happening around the world and it sorta brought me back. And, I hope, that I can hang out here as I continue my journey of self care with folks who know and love this band that had really shaped my life and outlook, not only in music, but also in everything I find to be passionate about. Thanks for creating this space to share folks!

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I've been going through something like this over the last few months. It's not as severe as a death or anything so people aren't very understanding

about2break likes this.
  8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thirded. Around the time Chester passed, someone I was very close with for two years suddenly became distant. Made coping and getting through the loss a lot harder.

about2break likes this.
  9. about2break

dolores o riordan of the Cranberries. :(

I hope this is ok to mention here. I guess the cause of death is still unknown, but this is still in the same vein (loss and of a musician) and it is still very sad, particularly for us who grew up with that music. :(

HybridT likes this.
  10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's perfectly fine. For me (and I know quite a few others), her death was a punch in the gut just like Chester's. Another incredibly and immensely talented vocalist, gone too soon.

11. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

6 months already :(

12. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Crazy to think of everything that has happened in the past 6 months, but there hasn't been a day that this didn't go through my head. Through almost 10 years of following the band, my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and so on have become loaded with LP stuff, so it's been kinda inevitable.

Hope he's at peace now. <3

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  13. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Feels like six weeks have gone by rather than six months. It's still so unbelievably surreal.

We miss you Chester.

14. Lisa McGarah

Lisa McGarah New Member

Man do we miss you Chazzy Chaz much Love RIP

15. HybridTheoryLMB

HybridTheoryLMB New Member

Finally watched the memorial concert today for the first time. I haven't really felt ready until now. Cannot believe it's been 6 months.

16. minuteforce

How did it make you feel?

17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I put a playlist together in this order:

-Final Masquerade (acoustic version)
    -Place to Start
    -Over Again
    -Watch as I Fall
    -One More Light
    -Looking for an Answer (live)
    -The Messenger

Talk about an emotional roller coaster lol.

Since Chester has passed, I've gained such an appreciation for The Messenger though. It was never one that stuck to me in the past, but it's one of the few songs of its kind that I actually listen to and feel happy when I think about his life.

18. SmallCapybara

SmallCapybara Member

I've been feeling especially sad about Chester recently, with it being 6 months and with the release of Mike's EP. Breaking the Habit is especially poignant now - "you all assume I'm safe here in my room". I think I read that Chester couldn't sing it live for a while as the lyrics were so meaningful to him that it was hard to get it out (which he commented was funny because he didn't even write it, Mike did). I miss him.

19. about2break

is it possible to get a link for it? I haven't watched it yet either and I'd be interested, although i'm sure I'd cry. Just watching old music videos did that to me. :(

20. minuteforce

about2break likes this.