THE SALES OF LINKIN PARK (and other Band)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Kaito, May 3, 2014.

1. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Sorry for the double post, but according to Mediatraffic, this week's Linkin Park sales of One More Light are of 51k copies worldwide, which brings the total to 703k and if I read everythig right, it is the best selling album outside the top 10 this week.
    I wish I could find a complete top 40 album chart of the week, but Mediatraffic only makes a top 10. The others are written in the weekly global chart report:
    http://www.mediatraffic.de/
    This is the weekly top 10 by Mediatraffic:
    http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week33-2017.htm
    Basically LP sold the same as DJ Khaled, which is the last element of this week's top 10.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to find the total US sales of OML at this point and I would also like to find updates to the sales of HT, Meteora, MTM, LT and THP because the sales of all those albums can also be increasing, even if it's at a much slower pace.

Living Things deserved even more than 1x Platinum. It's my 2nd favorite LP album by now, but it's a good mark anyway.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

I read an article a few days ago. I'll have to try and find it.

It was from a reliable source. It confirmed that LT and ATS were both certified platinum. And that MTM was certified 4x platinum.

3. warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

4. LP Soldier 01

I read that specific article about the new certifications, but I'd like to have an idea of how much the other albums besides OML have sold this year.
    I'll keep updating the data from Mediatraffic as to OML every week if I don't forget to.
    It has sold 703k by week 12, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  5. LP Soldier 01

Here's the weekly top 10 album sales worldwide. I'll update OML sales when Mediatraffic posts the update for albums outside the top 10, but as the last album of the top 10 is at 48k, so OML should be anywhere from 40-47k and total sales around 750k.
    http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week34-2017.htm
    Evolve is really steady, though, not too much away from weekly sales of 70k,
    Also Ed Sheeran's Divide is consistent in sales of 100k+ sales every week.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I wonder if OML will reach 1 million worldwide by the end of the year.

7. LP Soldier 01

I think so and it will also probably be certified gold in Germany, Austria and Switzerland considering it is either on the top 10 or not too far from the top 10 of the week in those countries. I would like to know about its US sales. I hope it can be in the top 20 best-selling albums of the year (difficult because Japanese and Korean albums normally have crushing first week sales). The trend has been for OML to lose positions in the charts every week and consequently drop in terms of total weekly sales, so that's what is most likely to happen this week. It's sad to see that their last two albums didn't get to at least Gold in the US, but we know that an album selling 500k in the US nowadays is difficult.
    Now I realize that 1 Million copies for OML in one year would be quite a milestone for LP because it would be the first album in which the sales increased from the previous one (THP sold 900k in 2014 according to Mediatraffic).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    darkviruz and Nicholas like this.
  8. LP Soldier 01

New OML updated sales:
    41k this week
    744k in total
    Weekly top 10: http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week34-2017.htm
    Weekly Global Report: http://www.mediatraffic.de/
    If I read it well, OML was the first album outside the top 10 once again, selling 1k copies more than 24K Magic by Bruno Mars. It will be difficult for it to get to the 1 Million mark because sales will continue to drop every week and there will be some big releases until the end of the year. There could be a boost in sales if LP had more radio airplay, but selling almost 750k almost without airplay is very good. I think the total sales this year will be somewhere around what THP did 3 years ago, so that would be the first time the sales would rise a bit or at least not drop so much from one album to another. Also the top 40 sales will probably be lower, but we don't know yet how much Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain will sell this fall.
    I still think OML will be certified Gold in some other countries besides Hungary.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  9. LP Soldier 01

10. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Linkin Park - One More Light

890,000 copies worldwide to date

11. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

RIAA.com:

LINKIN PARK
    Title: THE HUNTING PARTY
    Certification Date: December 13, 2017
    Label: WARNER BROS RECORDS
    Format: ALBUM
    Gold, Platinum

and,,,

JAY-Z & LINKIN PARK
    Title: NUMB/ENCORE
    Label: WARNER BROS.
    Format: SINGLE
    3xP

LINKIN PARK
    Title: NUMB
    Label: WARNER BROS.
    Format: SINGLE
    4xP

---

Worldwide sales - ONE MORE LIGHT 1,024,000 copies

12. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Nice to see The Hunting Party achieve Platinum 3.5 years after its release. Still one of my favourite albums by the band.

Michele likes this.
  13. LP Soldier 01

It's a bit strange how it hadn't been certified gold before and now after Chester passed away it went from no certification to platinum after its not so big resurgence in the chart. At least it didn't go to the top spots like OML, HT and Meteora on the Billboard 200 and neither did it go that high on the rock albums. The streaming numbers for that album are even lower than those of OML and as to physical sales, they musn't be that high either. RIAA could have had enough sales from Platinum and just kept holding it back, we'll never know if that was the case. For me it's sad, good and strange at the same time. Strange because based on the numbers I don't believe it has sold so much, sad because of Chester's passing and good because the album was finally certified in the US and this proves that the fanbase in the US is loyal nowadays for the million mark at least. I hope OML can achieve that mark in one year or two.

14. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Worldwide album sales for "One More Light" have now reached 1,100,000.