What do you think that the next Album will be like?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Forks N Knives, Feb 9, 2018.

Forks N Knives

Forks N Knives NO CONTROOOL NO SURPRIIIISE

Strokes beard

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I could see them doing something cinematic in scope, like Starset-esque, just not as far out there in terms of space-themed lyrics.

Forks N Knives

Iridescent didn’t have a solo. That was a breakdown. Though I can see what you are saying. Me likey.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

I wouldn’t mind a return of another MTM style of ATS album. Mike can pull it off. As cool as it would be for them to return to the roots that’s not gonna happen lol. But it’s gonna be interesting to see how they progress from now on. Looking forward tho

Kalter

Kalter New Member

I'd like another theme album like ATS, but that's my favorite album ever, so I'm bias. OML is still my least favorite album from LP, but one thing I really like is the lyrics that they worked much more than before and with Mike's Post Traumatic EP with the AMAZING lyrics, I'm confident they will continue in that direction.

And I'm wondering about that LP=pop, I disagree with this, but first I have a question: what do you consider those artists:
    Britney Spears
    Madonna
    N Sync
    Destiny's Child
    Jennifer Lopez
    Enrique Ieglesias
    Black Eyed Peas
    Jessica Simpson
    Céline Dion

If you're asking me who represent a POP genre of music, those would come to mind. Not because they got in the top 100, just because they sound like each other most of the time. LP is a firm rock band that started with nu-metal and dipped with everything else.

AmbienTisCool likes this.
    Hybrid

I think LP actively tried to be a genreless band. They pull so many different genres into their entire discography, trying to put a label on them as a band is pretty fucking pointless to be honest.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just looking at a few of those names, there's little in common between Destiny's Child, Enrique, BEP, Celine Deon and Madonna, even just looking at their best-known hits. You don't seem at all familiar with them if you're saying they all "sound alile most of the time". :huh: They all fall firmly under pop despite sounding pretty different from one another.

Much of LP's discography contains blatant pop signifiers. Several albums, including "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora", are chock-full of catchy pop hooks and a sound/formula which was popular. They were a pop phenomenon in the early 2000s, heavy airplay on pop radio and MTV, and often gracing the covers of pop mags.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

ok everything is pop i guess. hybrid theory was a little bit of everything tho so i guess. pop is a really big genre i guess. from my recent understanding the term pop prolly means In Style. anything that captures the mass audience so i guess it makes sense that lp reached the mass audience

minuteforce

Pop is whatever the general public and the industry decide to position as pop ... but that's also only the least of what it is, so it's nebulous and vague. You typically know it when you see it. Stylistically, it's always a lot of things at once when you consider the wide varieties in audience demographical and geographical segments - many trends at any given time

Forks N Knives

By nowadays standards, Linkin Park are Rock. However back in those days they were Pop as they were the “cool” genre everyone listened to.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

So, what would be considered pop nowadays? Mostly Rap, Latin and Trap? Also some electropop, perhaps.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

i
    i guess it encompases anything popular so its mixed.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Imo you guys gotta let this one go now :lol:

Kind of derailing the thread

AmbienTisCool, Michele and Sasuke like this.
    minuteforce

Certain rock subgenres, including nu-metal, grunge and a mainstream strand of punk, were trendy in the late 90s and 2000s, and, then, pop-punk came to the fore in the mid-2000s. @Derek can tell you more 'cause he's a fan of various 90s rock acts and whatnot

Pop is damn near anything now. Songs which wouldn't get time of day on top 40 radio can top a viral chart on Spotify or get a valuable co-sign from a big name, and get massive exposure that leads to a decent chart position just off streaming. Trap production and Latin aesthetics are indeed among the most visible mainstream conventions now, but savvy artists and listeners alike are always looking to find something new and left-field that can set them apart from their peers.

@Sasuke can give you a more definitive answer. ;)

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Definitely not Linkin Park anymore :halfkappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This thread gives me a headache.

Michele likes this.
    Hybrid

Gotsta love it when a thread gets derailed to the point of no return to the original source matter. People care WAY too much about classification and labels, apparently.

AmbienTisCool

AmbienTisCool Curry

Lol

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LP needs to go back with Don Gilmore who was responsible of their success. Without Chaz, LP is pretty much done.

20. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I wouldn't say they're done. It depends on how an eventual new album may be received by both critics and fans and what impact that reception may have on the sales, which will likely be lower even considering OML sold more in 6 months this time than THP had done given that the biggest boost in OML sales came after Chester's passing. On the other hand, LP got bigger on Spotify and Youtube, so it's difficult to make any prediction. In terms of quality, it will be difficult for me to like it the way I liked OML, but I'lll still buy the album and go a live show if I can.