Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

A few wrestling thoughts:

Anyone think Sami Zayn could be the one to take the Universal Championship off Kevin Owens?

I hope Owens isn't just involved in 20 minute Authority promos every week like Rollins was. He needs to do his own thing away from The Authority. HHH helping him to me seemed more about betraying Rollins than helping Owens.

I'm fucking loving Smackdown so much right now. AJ Styles is the best. Heath Slater and Rhyno are hilarious.

I hope Samoa Joe and Shinsuke go to Smackdown because they'll get better storylines there.

But I hope we get Hideo Itami vs Nakamura before any of them go to the main roster.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I hope not. As much as I love the match-up, I'm completely tired of Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens Part 9001. Give us a break for a bit. Let that re-re-re-re-rematch happen at Wrestlemania.

Owens and Jericho are probably not separating for a while. They're just too good together, promo-wise.

Smackdown has always been the "wrestling show". And it definitely shows now more than ever. They're making every superstar look strong and relevant. Hell, the Usos were compelling this week.

I want Shinsuke on RAW just because I can't imagine anyone but Corey Graves calling the Kinshasa.

We're for sure getting at least Bobby Roode vs. Nakamura and Hideo Itami vs. Nakamura before Nakamura gets called up.

3. Delicious Dave

Yeah, that's what I mean. In a few months, next year even. I doubt Owens will last that long as champ though.

What I'd love is for Owens to hold it until early next year, have Zayn beat him for it, then have Zayn defend it until a returning Finn Balor takes the belt from him.

Anyway, time to watch the CWC, I love it so much.

4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Talk of Kurt Angle and Goldberg returning to WWE in the near future.

I get the feeling that Wrestlemania will be a big one to make up for the lack of stars at the last one.

5. Minus

The last one was horrible, and not because of lack of stars. They've got some new bonafides in Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, (hopefully) Finn Balor once recovered, AJ Styles, and presumable call-ups Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Bobby Roode. That in and of itself is enough star power for next year. They just need to figure out how to book matches correctly. Last year was a shitshow of bad endings that ended up not mattering at all in a month's time.

6. Delicious Dave

TJP!

7. Minus

I'm really excited for the Cruiserweight Division to hit the main roster, but I'm disappointed it's on RAW. Since the split, Smackdown has near unanimously shown it has more consistency and knows how to use the pieces they have.

Their entire women's division looks strong as hell. They've increased The Miz's importance tenfold via Talking Smack. Talking Smack in general gives the wrestlers more opportunity to flesh out their character in a sensible way. They made the Usos interesting. The tag team champions are Heath Slater and fucking Rhyno and it's WORKING.

RAW still has Titus O'Neil promos and is ruining Bullet Club. The only thing RAW has is a consistently good main event match, but everything else just falls by the wayside.

8. Delicious Dave

Smackdown's lead writer is NXT's former lead writer, NXT isn't as good as it used to be while Smackdown is now as good as NXT used to be back in 2014 and 2015. WWE need to hire more writers who understand how stories and characters work.

9. Luke

Warning: Potential spoilers below

Hell in a Cell really proved to me just how Raw has declined since the brand split. Most of the matches were entertaining but the way the talent is being booked is just ridiculous.

It's obvious now that The New Day are having the titles kept on them so they can surpass the record set by Demolition. I think this is as stupid as it is petty. Look at how many quality tag teams have emerged on Raw in the past year: Enzo & Cass, Anderson & Gallows, The Shining Stars...not to mention the Dudleys having come and gone and all the teams that's were drafted to smackdown who were previously in the title picture. I think it's absurd none of those teams were booked to win the gold. I predict what will happen is that when TND finally do drop the belts, the title will pass around frequently to appease the talents who have been waiting.

The fact that Cesaro and Sheamus, two of the most underrated talents in the company are being booked in this pathetic strange bedfellows angle is really frustrating when you consider there's definitely room at the top for more main eventers. The Owens/Rollins/Jericho circle won't end in Jericho squaring off for the title as he's due to take time off to record more Fozzy material. Predictably it will end in Owens doing something to screw over Jericho resulting in him walking off in to the night with his tail between his legs keeping in tone with the current incarnation of his character. I was disappointed that the Hell in a Cell match didn't end up being a triple threat as in the end Jericho was heavily involved anyway. I think at this point people would rather see Jericho win the title rather than Rollins. I can see Rollins' career stagnate a little as now he's lost pretty much every oppertunity to become champions since he's been back, who else is there to fued with he hasn't already faced?

Speaking of former Shield members, the way the Roman/Rusev match was booked made no sense. Rusev was destroying Roman and all of a sudden one spear wins the match? I think Rusev is due for a character reassignment. This whole Bulgarian brute angle has run its course, I'd like the archetypal eastern European crusher to be a little toned down especially when you consider Lana doesn't actually speak with a Russian accent. Yes wrestling is fake, but if Kofi Kingston is anything to go by, the fake accent just ends up being dumb after a while. Speaking of Rusev, what next for him? He seems to be consistently kept at mid card status when really at the me moment he's the 3rd best heel they have behind Owens and Jericho. I also believe it's time for WWE to bite the bullet and just turn Roman heel. The fans hate him, turn him heel and then when it's time for a face turn again they can do it right this time instead of shoving the Roman Empire down everyone's throats. Cena should get the same treatment on Smackdown but I think at this point it's unlikely.

In regards to the main event I was happy that Sasha/Charlotte was chosen to close the event. Two women fighting in the Cell didn't seem strange to me at all and in fact they put on a way better match than a fair few Cell matches from the past. I was a little disappointed by the whole angle of Sasha being brutalised before the match could begin. The way they sold that was as if Sasha had just been seriously injured to the point she might be paralysed but then all of a sudden she jumps up and carries out attacks that would certainly have further injured her back. The ending seemed botched as well as if the original plan hadn't worked so they had to improvise. I think it was a dick move having Sasha lose in her home town but I generally get the feeling that Charlotte is everyone's favourite amongst the higher ranks in the back. 14 PPVs and no losses now.

I think both shows need an injection of talent. I would love it if WWE did indeed buy TNA and have an influx of Wrestlers give both shows a much needed rejuvenation. They could bring back Kurt Angle to help out even if only on a part time schedule. Broken Matt Hardy and brother Nero in WWE going up against the Wyatts or something along those lines...that would be awesome. Speaking of the Wyatts, Randy Orton joining the Wyatts is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Surely Kane would have been a better option...To me Orton and Bray aren't booked anywhere near the right way. Bray needs to have the WWE title put on him and the challenge must come from the right contender to get through the Wyatt family to win the title off him. Bray should be the top heel along with AJ but he's never even had a shot at being WWE champion that I can think of.

And lastly I want this Foley/Stephanie angle to stop immediately. Foley is being portrayed as basically a gimp with no balls. I'd like to see Foley manage one of the Wrestlers, perhaps Sami Zayn. Can't believe how underutilised he is at the moment.

10. Delicious Dave

Looking back at this thread for fun. We got one of those at least :lol:

11. Minus

We all know Itami/Nak would've happened if Itami hadn't been injured. Again.

12. Delicious Dave

Yeah I know, I can't imagine them doing it on the main roster so that ship might have sailed altogether.

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Pretty happy with Orton dropping the belt to Mahal last night.

14. Delicious Dave

JINDER IS HINDERED NO MORE!

15. Luke

I think it was too soon. It was only 6 weeks ago he was a jobber. Now WWE Champion? Not sure about that. It's weird because people hate on Roman Reigns for being pushed too soon...this was the mother of all fast-trackings.

16. KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

This thread is old, but entertaining. So, is anyone here interested in Raw's 25th Anniversary?

17. Delicious Dave

DANIEL BRYAN RETURNS! WHAT THE FUCK.

Also, Ultimate Deletion was WONDERFUUUUL YEEAAAS

Hybrid and KonKeR-182 like this.
  18. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

WrestleMania was lame this year. I didn't mark out once.

19. KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

There was small parts that were interesting at Wrestlemania, but the whole show was mainly filled with predictable stuff like usual. Eh.

20. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I thought Cena was going to win his match with The Undertaker, but he apparently got crushed in about 3 minutes.