Mike Shinoda Announces New Solo Album 'Post Traumatic' Releasing June 15th + 2 New Songs Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 29, 2018.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

But our leader is a trollnoda.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

:email::think: I see

Captain-EO likes this.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

While I appreciate the praise, I never accepted the position of your leader.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Love the vibe and melodies of the songs. But I have an honest question - is the use of such heavy vocal effects on his voice an artistic decision? Or does Mike still have some insecurities with his singing? I think both songs would sound so much better without the heavy effects on his voice, especially on Nothing Makes Sense Anymore.

I have had both on repeat all day though. Good shit.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I would guess it's a combination both, probably leans more towards artistic decision though.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

He's done songs in the past with a rawer approach when it comes tp treatment vocals

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Actually, wouldn't be farfetched to think that maybe a member or two will be featured on some songs.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Well there's one part in Crossing a Line where he sings the last bit of the chorus without any effects, and truthfully that's the part of the song that hits me the hardest. He has developed a pretty distinct tone in his singing though. I like it a lot.

Rajjo

Rajjo FAN FROM INDIA

Exactly.... If the same insecurity is becoming a hurdle for Linkin park as a group then how about an all instrumental album (#nine Inch nails).... Dark instrumentals... I think it will be an epic step in the whole process... If they are actually thinking of continuing.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Video of the KROQ interview from earlier today:

Looking forward to the album!

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

Personally I really believe Linkin Park will have another record out sooner than most think. I’d say 2020 at the latest. Look at Mike, he just smacked us in the face with a 16 track album this year. Everybody needs time... but the band has been together for basically two decades now. Some maybe longer. Mike is a prime example of the power of music... even in the midst of grieving he’s taking advantage of it. I feel the band members are going to get together soon to jump on the same train. The way I see it... a small hiatus is definitely going to happen. But the music has always been there and that’s what has truly connected the band, and millions around the world, especially during the most difficult times. The music, the band, will be back as a whole soon.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I always have Place to Start in my head because of the final line, “I don’t wanna know the end, all I want is a place to start”. It describes the feeling of failure and having no future. Not caring to know how life ends up anymore - just wanting to start over, be forgiven or have some sense of direction. I realize it’s obvious but I just felt like saying that. The song has been what I’ve felt for the past few years.

Captain-EO, brady, Alexrednex and 3 others like this.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I found Crossing the Line to be a bit too cookie-cutter and repetitive. Nothing Makes Sense Anymore is more along my taste. I like the layered synths and the effects on the vocals. The lyrics are great too. It pains me to say this but I can totally hear Chester harmonizing and/or screaming the chorus in crescendo of the song.

I'd like for the album to be a bit more rough around the edges, a bit more fuzzy/abrasive and daring.

Krizlinkin

Krizlinkin Active Member

I really like the new songs, especially Nothing Makes Sense Anymore, the more chill instrumentals really emphasize the emotions behind the lyrics. The lyrics are pretty deep and dark though, and the video has somewhat anxious vibe to me, I hope he is doing alright. The music video for Crossing A Line was a joy to watch, seeing Mike smile makes me so happy.

His experimenting and development in the vocals is pretty awesome, some of his backing vocals really sound like Chester to me in Over Again and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore. Just like he said in twitter back when the EP released, he really must be channeling his inner Chester. His strength and motivation to make music is just incredible, I'm so proud of Mike

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Fantastic interview.

I'M SO HYPED FOR THE ALBUM!!!

I swear, one of my last posts here was being sad I wouldn't get that fun summer-time anticipation of new music. I'm going to be following this closely over the next few months.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

16 tracks still blows my mind.

All I hope is that Mike doesn't do what was done for both THP and OML. And that means releasing half the record before it comes out. My ability to non-spoiler new music is impossible so I need most of the album under wraps. :lol:

blackout. and Sasuke like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

He's already released 1/3rd of it. :lol:

Blake and Deliveranze like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'll probably stay away from new drops and wait to hear the album in full.

Deliveranze likes this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

"Looking for an answer" has gotta be one of those unnamed tracks, right?

20. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore absolutely feels like it was made for Chester's voice and range. Thankfully Mike was more than up for the challenge. Oddly I get huuuuge Alchemy Index Water EP Thrice vibes from the instrumentation and a bit of the vocals. Crossing A Line feels a little less exciting. However I admire Mike's astonishing ability to make these five songs sound completely different from one another sonically and vocally.

I fully expect Looking For An Answer to be a part of this upcoming album. I know it's a pipe dream, but I would LOVE a cover of One More Light.

I also said it before in the Post Traumatic EP release thread, and a few have mentioned it here, but if there is some form of afterlife, Chester must be so incredibly proud of his brother.