Mike Shinoda Announces New Solo Album 'Post Traumatic' Releasing June 15th + 2 New Songs Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's actually something I will say. None of the five songs sound alike. Pretty impressive tbh.

Plus I'm so happy it'd coming out a month earlier than I predicted. June 15th here I come.

Nicholas likes this.
  2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

We love you, Mike Shinoda! LP community will always be here for you and the rest of the band. This album is a testament how awesome and talented MS really is. Pure Genius.

Nicholas likes this.
  3. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Playing these songs after each other makes each piece more potent and emotional.
    The tears started welling up when I came to "Over Again" and again when I reached "Nothing Makes Sense Anymore".

The line that really hit me was: "I'm a call without an answer".
    It reminded me of the whole call-respond dynamic between Mike and Chester that has pretty much been the biggest core of every Linkin Park album.
    But now there is no respond, only a call.

Damn.

Dragondust, Nicholas and Kevin like this.
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

A 16-track Mike solo album out in less than 3 months?

[​IMG]

Iopia, Halfway Dwight, Blake and 5 others like this.
  5. Christos

Christos Active Member

Mike is superhuman. I honestly don't know how he's managed to create 16 songs (and all fire so far) in such a short space of time. The man's simply a genius. June 15th can't come quick enough! :CUMULUS:

6. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I think Mike's new album will certainly be in my 2018 best albums list, most likely at no 1 considering that the bands which I think will make it to my the top of that list and have put out singles until now haven't managed to be as good as Mike's. The 2 new songs are catchy and meaningful at the same time. Only Watching As I Fall out of the 5 released until now doesn't manage to be so catchy, but no song fails to make its point and all have so much relatability. Putting out 16 tracks in 3 months is kinda insane, but I hope the album will have the consistency these 5 tracks had.

7. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

After pre-ordering the album yesterday at work, I didn't get chance to hear the 2 new tracks, so as soon as I got to my girlfriends I had the exciting news to tell her Mike Shinoda's solo album had a release date with 2 accompanying tracks and music videos! I then jumped on her PS4 and listened to the tracks online with the official music videos and I just smiled throughout. Seeing Mike with the fans in the Crossing A Line video was absolutely brilliant to see and you can feel that affection and love he has for the fans and how they (like all of us) will always be there to support him and the other members whenever they need it (we'll all be there 24/7 pretty much!).

I really liked Crossing A Line; I like the vocal effect on the chorus and then when Mike goes raw in the finale of the song, the guitar that kicks in half way through is gorgeous and adds another layer to the track, the chorus is damn catchy, the melody... a really good song to listen to. Also, the following lyrics hit me hard: "It’s not about status / we know it never was Cause what good is the kingdom / when you’re missing the love This is not a goodbye now / I’m not going away No I don’t have the answers / but I do have the faith". That right there made me emotional I have to admit.

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore has a lovely melody, deep lyrics, I dig the layered synths and the vocal effects, the way Mike sings the chorus, etc. To me, like many have stated already, it has a chilled vibe to the track despite having the dark and meaningful lyrics. Also, the vocal melody would have been perfect for Chester and really would have fitted on One More Light as a Linkin Park song. So I can concur with a lot of comments about that already.

Mike is a creative machine, I have the utmost respect and admiration for this guy... he truly is an inspiration. Bring on June 15th!

8. Tempest for an Angel

Tempest for an Angel Member

Imagine Crossing A Line combining Dave Gahan's voice with Mike's. Love how clean the instrumental is, the feeling in his voice and the chorus effect and the beat all over, especially the part before the last chorus. Also, the modified voice in the last chorus sounds so deep, not cheesy at all, so much better than the chipmunk stuff haha. Let's remember this is the craftmanship of one single person.

I know I'm gonna dig this album. Way to go, Mike.

9. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

To be honest, I don't like any of these songs... But I appreciate the fact that he's making them.

RichV likes this.
  10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I believe that is a Linkin Park track so I wouldnt be surprised if it does not make the album.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

See this is one case where it's tricky. It was started as, and was definitely intended as, a Linkin Park track. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets retooled into a Mike Shinoda track with contributions from some LP members. Mike has said a few times that not everyone is synced up with their grieving process yet (and understandably so), so assuming Mike continued work on it, Post Traumatic would be the logical place to put it. We're years off from any new LP material I feel.

Blake likes this.
  12. Blake

You do have a valid point. I just personally feel like if it was on the album we woulf hsve heard it as one of the 5 songs already. But I'm probably wrong :lol:

I think it would be cool to get a finished studio version of it so I wouldn't mind it on the album!

13. MarkLP12

MarkLP12 Member

I think Looking for an Answer makes sense for this album even if other band members helped write it. It has similar meaning to the last 5 songs that came out. Maybe since other band members helped out with it, they simply get a small part of the revenue from Mike? Or maybe that makes it too complicated and is the reason why it won't be included. However, it was mentioned that one of Mike's new songs was originally a demo that didn't make it onto One More Light, so I would imagine the band members are okay with Mike using stuff as necessary.

Someone mentioned it would be cool if Mike did One More Light as one of his songs. I agree and think it would be very meaningful as a final song on his album. I'd also like to hear him sing Nobody Can Save Me, as I feel like the lyrics of that song match up with what he is going through in his new songs. However, I don't expect either of these songs to be included in the album, just wishing.

Blake likes this.
  14. Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I like these last two songs best from what we've heard so far. NMSA 's imagery is outstanding!

15. JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

Damn dude, what a shame. I would take a while of not listening to them and then come back with fresh ears and give it another listen. The songs carry such emotion and pain. They are beautiful tracks. So personal. try again.

16. JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

At the bowl show mike said that he wrote it by himself a couple of days after Chester passed. The band did not write it together. It was just Mike. I would be surprised if it did not make this album as one of his IG stories was him working on this song. Looking for an answer was played at a Linkin Park show but is not a Linkin Park track. Thats all Shinoda.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

But the live performance was uploaded on their official YT as a "Linkin Park" track. So it's technically LP. Confusing for sure.

Also, please edit your posts instead of double posting if you can. Just looks cleaner :lol:.

18. Blake

Mike said he wrote it by himself but I remember Mike on Instagram live saying that it might be made into a full song for Linkin Park at one point.

I guess none of us really know except for Mike :lol:

19. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

rigged :kappa: :email:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Modern Guitar God likes this.
  20. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Mike said that Rob had downloaded the "Looking For An Answer" demo that Mike had make to work on, it's uploaded to YouTube under the name "Linkin Park" ... if it ends up being a solo Shinoda song then that's fine. But it was absolutely intended to be a Linkin Park song and might end up being just that.