Mike Shinoda - Post Traumatic.

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Minus, Mar 30, 2018.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Figured we should start up a thread about this in a non-news forum.

WHAT WE KNOW
    • The album will be 16 tracks.
    • Currently confirmed tracks are Place to Start, Over Again, Watching as I Fall, Nothing Makes Sense Anymore, and Crossing a Line.
    • As of 03/30/2018, Mike is NOT including Looking for an Answer on the record though he has not ruled it out.
    • Rob Bourdon contributed some drums to Place To Start. Brad contributed ideas for guitar parts and song structure.
    • There are collaborations on the record, some on production and some vocalists as well.
    • Mike states that, conservatively, 95% of the production is by him.
    • Not all of the songs will be as stark in regards to the grief of the passing of Chester.
    • The songs are roughly chronological in order.
    • The other members of Linkin Park will not be touring for Post Traumatic.
    • Mike suggested in a 03/30/2018 Instagram Live that the tracklisting and music is not finalized. His comments about certain collabs potentially not making the cut imply either a) that there are songs that might not make the record, meaning there are more than 16 songs in the pipeline or b) certain collaborative elements may not be included in the finalized songs or c) a combination of both.
    • In the same video, Mike confirmed that there will be a lot of rapping on the album. He does not specify how much defines "a lot".

Are you excited? What are your thoughts on the current songs? What do you hope to hear? Any hopes on who will feature on the record?

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

The last point got me hyped. I hope that doesn't change with the final tracklist.

Anyway, I'm really just excited in general. I look at Post Traumatic as the spiritual successor to The Rising Tied, even though it's not technically under the same name.

I hope Mike gets some guest rappers like Pusha T again. Maybe MGK will be on it? Idk. Either way, it's gonna be fun. Feels like the OML album cycle again.

Sasuke and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

So fucking hyped for this album, Mike was basically always my favorite musician ever! and all the released songs are mindblowing imo, so I have no doubts the it will be amazing.

And the only collab I want is with Purity Ring, I mean he already mentioned that they actually worked together but it wasn't on OML. please make it happen :cry:

LP Soldier 01 and Deliveranze like this.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

A collab with Purity Ring would be pretty good. I'd also like to see a collab with CHVRCHES (even only Lauren's vocals would be great), but after what MIke said about CHVRCHES and how they answered to those comments, I'm afraid their relationship is not the best.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Given the unfortunate circumstances and Mike clearing up any kind of feud with them, they are probably on ok terms now. IMO it would be pretty cold of Chvrches to still have a grudge against Mike after all this. I think a collab is not out of the question.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I thought the same, then I listened to this episode https://art19.com/shows/id10t/episodes/8cbaca7a-dfe8-44f9-8fa7-63d7ba6512ef

I could just be misinterpreting it though.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yeah I don't think that will ever happening tbh, but whatever. I actually would fucking kill for hearing Mike rapping (or even singing) over some sick beat by Corin!

Deliveranze likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Eric

Eric Member

Every song from this album is fucking awesome. Can not wait for June to get here! :D

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Old comment in a new thread:

I am fairly confident we'll be getting a Chino Moreno feature on the album. He's gone through similar loss, they've collaborated in the past before (Team Sleep's unused My December remix, Razors.out from The Raid soundtrack), and Mike namedropped him as someone who helped talk him through everything with Chester.

CannaKippers and Dragondust like this.