Mike Shinoda - Post Traumatic /// Out Now /// LPA Release Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 14, 2018.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

There ought to be a remix of "I.O.U." with Big Sean and one of the dudes from Migos.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Mike can also add/alter a verse too. Kinda like the Wretches And Kings remix with Divine Styler and Apathy.

AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Even though the reason behind it is really sad, now that it's MS solo, it's really refreshing to not have this whole old/new LP comparison and everyone (finally) just talks about the songs. :)

PS: Make It Up As I Go is my shit, can't stop listening!!

Nicholas, iamsatan, blackout. and 3 others like this.
    zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

wow, this is really good album from the first to the last second. It's hard to pick one best song, and it would be rather becouse of my own preferences that it being better than others.

I am so impressed by the creative force on this record, that's just wow.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Foreshadowed_LP, Ree and Bernuviel like this.
    snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Finally got it! Wow what an album! About to give this more listens. Can't get enough of it.
    The motives behind the album make it so emotional. I got goosebumps several times.
    I'm glad he was able to channel his feelings into music. It's the best therapy.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

My physical bundle hasn't even been posted, had the status of 'Packing' since yesterday so I contacted Customer Service and they confirmed there has been a delay as they've not received all of the products from their supplier yet. Really annoying but I had the digital album sent to me, so I decided to listen to it (even though I usually prefer to listen to the physical CD version first). On first listen, it's a really great album and I like how each track sounds different.

There is definitely an array of emotional, expressive, powerful and meaningful songs on this album from Mike and he should be very proud. It definitely is cathartic listening to this album as we nearly approach 12 months of losing Chester. Mike is an absolute creative magician, everything the man touches seems to turn to gold and this album is no exception. It's surreal to think that he had written, sang, rapped, provided instruments and production to this in about 7 or so months. He really is a true inspiration to this community and I thank him for providing us fans with this release.

I only listened to the 3-track EP, Crossing A Line and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore before this release, so having 11 unheard of tracks to listen to made it even more fresh, new and exciting and boy, what an experience it was from start to finish! The album flows so well from start to end and you can tell the difference from the first half of the album (dark, moody, sombre) to the second half (more positive, upbeat, hopeful) and it really is such an emotional journey listening to this album. I got Goosebumps listening to a few of these tracks as they really resonate with you (especially taking into account what we've all been through and also as we go through dark times in our personal lives) so again, I appreciate what Mike has done for us with Post Traumatic.

My favourite tracks thus far are Over Again, Watching As I Fall, About You, Crossing A Line, Ghosts, Running From My Shadow and Can't Hear Your Now. I also like Promises I Can't Keep, Make It Up As I Go and I.O.U..

I'll try and post a more detailed review of each track at some point once I get some time and once I listen to the album through and through a few more times. However, I'm very impressed with this and once again thankful for what Mike has produced.

Fantastic album.

HybridShadow likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I haven't gotten any indication that mine is on its way yet either. Typical Shinoda :rolleyes:

Foreshadowed_LP likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can't remember a time recently where praise of an album on here was so universal like this. While I do feel PT deserves all this praise and then some, it's just surprising considering fans are almost always polarized.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I feel like anyone who doesn't enjoy the album just respectfully hasn't said anything considering the subject, to be honest.

Dekar and Brandon like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's a good point. Honestly, as much as I sometimes hate it when people talk about the 'next album' immediately after the release of the current one, I do hope that this record opens doors for Mike to release more albums under his own name. I may be a big Linkin Park fan (no shit :lol:) but this album shows how much better lyrically and creatively Mike can be when allowed to make his own decisions, and without too many cooks in the kitchen.

Avo likes this.
    Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Holy fuck this album is fantastic. Haven't enjoyed an album this long with such consistently solid tracks, especially given how short of a period of time Mike put this shit together. I cannot believe this man. Standouts of the songs we haven't heard already are Promises I Can't Keep, Hold it Together, and Make it Up as I Go (not a fan of K. Flay usually, but damn that beat is groovy as FUCK).

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

World's on Fire kinda sounds like the part in a disney movie where the protagonist finally realizes his selfish ways and starts confessing his love for somebody else. I dig it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's a weird description. Especially when you factor in the NIN-like instrumental. Kinda fits in a way.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'll be the first one to say it. And I'll be short and sweet. It's well documented that I don't like Mike's Battle rap style or UIB raping style which is used a lot on this album. I also wasn't expecting much out of the features and while K.Flay ended up good, the rest of the features were not. I've only had one listen so things could change.

Songs I will be replaying: World's On Fire and Over Again

I'm glad that most people seem to be enjoying the album though.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

AllMusic gave his album a very positive score of 4/5.

Captain-EO and Michele like this.
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I've come across 2 reviews that while they praised the album, they said it was dragged down due to editing issues. Not sure I understand that or maybe I don't know what to listen for there....I don't notice editing issues?

fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

They mean that the album is too long and could be edited by maybe a track or two. An opinion I don't necessarily agree with but I can understand. It needed to be this long from Mike's storytelling perspective, but as an album to be reviewed like any other, it is long.

All the more for us I'd say.

HybridShadow and MarcusArelius like this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was more thinking about the melody and lyrics. I can also hear the NIN vibes.

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Wow I love this album, listened to it twice last night and been on repeat all day. First listen through though when it went to promises I can't keep, I felt real sad and had to pause it, it had that I'll be gone type feel for me and when I heard the turntable scratch all I could think about how I would give anything to hear Chester sing this song.

However, I'm so happy that Mike released this album, it really is a masterpiece and I love every song except world's on fire (maybe it will grow on me)

HybridShadow likes this.