Mike Shinoda Adds Tour Dates for Italy, Germany and Austria

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 12, 2018.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Mike Shinoda has announced that he will be heading to Cologne, Germany on August 29th for the first German tour date for his Post Traumatic Tour.

Mike has also been added to the lineup of Milano Rocks, on September 8th. This will be the first Italian date of the tour.

Mike has also announced a date for Vienna, Austria at Arena Vienna on September 7th.

Are you going to either of these shows? Are you going to any of the shows on the Post Traumatic Tour? Come and discuss in our forums.

LPU Pre-Sale Details: https://t.co/713MpEClXO

Source: Mike Shinoda Instagram

Bernuviel likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Cologne ticket + album is ordered :)

Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

Got tickets for my sister and me to see Mike in Cologne. :clap:
    I'm so excited! And I'm also looking forward to meeting the LP family. :)

FBN

FBN Member

Hope to meet some of you guys in cologne, too. :)

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Will also be in Cologne! :clap:
    Finally seeing at least Mike, should have seen them earlier, you know? :ermm:

Anyone knows if there are different price categories?

Edit: Well, now I NEED an LPA-T-Shirt, so we recognice each other! :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Michele likes this.
    FBN

FBN Member

I think it would be fun, if we all bring some of boris' socks friends with to the show :) What do you think?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

JonasTheRoman likes this.
    StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Oh how I wish he would announce a show for Houston. I'll splurge on a VIP package.

JonasTheRoman

Well, guess I am a bit too late for the LPA-shirt to arrive in time for Cologne. :(

But hey, here's another thing:

Anyone interested in meeting up and getting a ticket from me?

A friend, who cannot attend to the show, asked me to get him rid of that ticket somehow. So yeah, as long as I don't find another friend, who wants to come with me (that is still in the making), I'd be pleased to meet someone from the LPA in Cologne! :)
    So, I cannot guarantee for anything at the moment, but just in case, are there any candidates here? :flowers:

Edit: So I think I'll be wearing a shirt I printed myself last year. In case we see each other...

ShirtLP.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Michele

I am gonna wear a THP Tour T Shirt, hold your eyes open :p

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

So you designed that shirt and everything?

JonasTheRoman

Yeah, that was in my grieving time last year, when I was going through Chesters Instagram and seeing all the inspiring shots he did, or others did of him, and the poems he wrote and all that.
    It felt right to give him honor in some way back then.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    JonasTheRoman

It was nice meeting you in Cologne, Michele! :)

Also, seeing Mike live for the first time was huge. Although, his voice kinda sounded a bit... croaky? It was higher than I know it.

Also, the supporting Act "Don Broco" was cool, but they mixed the guitars way too loud :D

Michele likes this.
    Michele

Yeah it was cool to meet you too, i would like to post on of the pics, if i can. Just if its ok for you :)

MIKE SHINODA CONCERT REVIEW

It started with...

A pretty unlucky travel to cologne. I saw pics from people being in front of the location at 5am so i gave up do get a good place in front of the stage really quick. So i decided to travel from 2pm to 5pm to the location. But it shouldnt be, some destinations before i reached Köln Mülheim (from where i could reach the location) there was found a bomb from WWII in the near of the central station of cologne. So it took some time to get to the location where i finally met @JonasTheRoman. We had a nice little talk, but i had already another appointment with friends of mine. After we saw the number of people in front of the location (it was A LOT), we decided to get something to eat before going into the location. Standing in the row, it suddendly started to rain like hell, so we all were wet. After getting into the location (with some problems, which resulted in missing Don Broco :( ) i decided to get a new T SHirt. I sadly missed the last T Shirt, but i decided to get a T Shirt with the typical Mike signing sign (and a nice pic of him on the back). Then we fought us into the crowd (to get atleast a bit of a good sight).

And then it started:

The Petrified intro and then theNumb song should show how the show would go. Followed by WTCFM Mike showed us some of his sick rapping skills, which shouldnt stoped at this point of the evening. Instead of another rap track, he came up with an emotional one: Roads Untraveled. It was amazing to hear Mike and the whole crowd singing this one, especially the "chorus". But then it to the first PT song. Hold It Together. One of my favorites track f PT and it was sick, especially when the crowd sang the chorus. Then it went to one of my favorite parts of the show for me. Castle of Glass followed up by the mash up Waiting For The End / Where 'd You Go. Especially the ending of it, where the whole crowd sang the first verse of WFTE while Mike played the piano. Not the first tear i shared there, but defintely not the last. It was followed by Sorry For Now (which surprisingly really much knew the lyrics too) with a drum solo for the bdrige. The next PT song followed with Crossing a Line. And then it started, the emotional highlight of the concert, Mikes speach and the In The End/Heavy/Burn It Down/Numb medley. I dont know the last time i shared so many tears, but it was so damn beautiful. But enough with the sad part, now the party began. Starting with About you, which was followed by Over Again and Papercut, the crowd exploded. The party continued with the FM track High Road and my least favorite PT track Make It Up As I Go (which was really great though). Then the Good Goodbye / Bleed It Out mash up came which was followed by Ghosts, were the crowd put out all their Boris and celebrated the song with him. A short encore break stopped the party a bit, until Welcome opened the encore. I.O.U. hit hard and the surprise performance of Until It Breaks just was really awesome. The show then came to an end with the FM hit Remember The Name and the PT track Running From My Shadow (which i sadly mised, because we wanted to avoid traffic).

All in all it was a fantastic evening with Mike and i hope the next time i am gonna be able to met him (and the other guys?). Or atleast get a place near to the stage :lol: . It was definitely one of my most emotiional concerts and one of the best too. Mike is just born to perform.

The following videos arent mine, but made by a friend of mine (who appears to be a giant, lol). The quality isnt that bad, so it definitely show some energy. Excue the bad singing, i dont hear myself when i am doing it :lol:

Bernuviel, JonasTheRoman and Sasuke like this.
    ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

JonasTheRoman

Woah, thanks for the nice review. I already forgot what songs played after the show was over, everwhelmed by the whole thing, so... nice to read it again. :D

You are right, I think the queue before the show was like two cilometers long!

Mike's speech was heartwarming, yeah. I wonder how many people really "didn't just go out and think 'yeah, what a nice show'", but instead try to bring light to some excluded people they know.
    The crowd raised sings saying "YOU #makechesterproud" in the air while Mike was trying to "don't feel like a star on stage, but instead have an intimate moment" with us. This really made him loose his line of thought and I don't know if he really said what he initially wanted to in the end. :lol:

"The crowd exploded", that's really the best way you could describe how it felt when Papercut played!:shinado:

I think High Road was the least known song of the show, but it still hit hard.

Oh you, I wish you would have stayed until the end. I would have never believed Running From My Shadow would be such a banger live! Before the (extended) breakdown (which also finished the show), something what I think must have been the most massive pit of the whole show opened up in the crowd and emerged me in it. Woah. I didn't even witness how Mike said goodbye.
    I think this was the highlight for me!

I heard of another personal highlight. A tiny but somehow huge one, a girl was able to experience. After the show, when the hall already was nearly empty, some people stayed directly at the stage for a few moments, to see everything a bit closer. Suddenly Mike peeked out of backstage and flew to a girl, pressing a sheet of paper in her hands, with what I believe must have been a sketch or something made by him. Only to vanish in the darkness of the stage again.
    She could not do anything else but cry after that.

That's really why I love Mike. Making even a single person happy is so important to him! Far away from all the buzz, the fame and the eyes, he made her the happiest person of the world for a moment. Wow.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Michele likes this.
    Michele

Yeah, i wished too :lol:

But i had the choice between a ride home the easy way (50 minutes) or maybe the hard way :lol: (2 hours+)

Wouldnt it be in the week, i definitely would have stayed longer.

JonasTheRoman

Hey, your video and audio quality is really nice. Thanks a ton for that! I can hear the songs even better than live that way. :lol:
    And you had a really nice place! I wonder if you're still able to experience the show while filming so much?
    By the way, was the sound good over there? It was a bit loud for me at times, but it also was my first concert ever, so... :lol:

And I hear how Mike sounds just normal on your recordings. But live, for me, it felt like his voice was pitched up or something, it's really weird.

Well, we waited for like 45 minutes, talking about the show and doing things like searching for my umbrella :D (didn't feel that long, really) and by then most cars were away and we only had a little wait at one crossing.
    But yeah, after your experience with the trains I believe you didn't want to witness a similar thing again... :lol:

Ah, regarding the photo: I'm sorry, but I'd like to keep photos from me away from the open internet. Hope you understand. These photos are our own little secret now, I guess. :rofl:

Michele likes this.
    Michele

Allright :)

Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

I wrote a little review of Mike's show in Cologne and my adventures around it.
    Review

It was such an awesome concert! Emotional, fun and very healing. ^_^