Hello LP Family

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Bernuviel, Apr 3, 2018.

Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

Hello!
    I'm Bernuviel, a 27 year old girl from Switzerland.
    I love Linkin Park (obviously), but unfortunately I don't know any fans in real life. That's why I decided to join the LPA forums. :D

My LP story (sorry that it got so long! xD):
    I fell in love with LP when I first saw the video to Numb on MTV (must have been 2004/2005). I loved the song (it's still my favourite) and could relate to the girl very much. I was bullied a lot in school and art was my only outlet.
    Meteora was the first album I ever owned and I listened to it daily. And I loved Minutes To Midnight as well. Somehow I didn't know about Hybrid Theory for a very long time (but I knew In The End!), probably because I didn't have proper internet yet. Also I didn't know much about the band (what they looked like or even their names) - I just enjoyed the music. And then A Thousand Suns was released... My "friends" HATED that album so much! I didn't want to be uncool and so I turned my back on LP for far too long... I'm still mad at myself for that decision.
    The years went by and I didn't pay much attention to LP. But there were always a couple of their songs on my playlist: Numb (of course!), In The End, What I've Done, Burning In The Skies, Castle Of Glass and A Light That Never Comes.
    One day, while drawing, I came across a playlist of Hybrid Theory on Youtube and since I liked LP, I decided to give it a listen. Papercut completely blew me away! The whole album was a masterpiece! How could I ever turn my back on them?! I decided to finally stand for what I loved and started following the band on Facebook.
    This was in early 2017 and they were just releasing Heavy (which I thought was very beautiful). But I already saw that people started the same hate for the new album that ATS got. While One More Light was a softer and poppier album than the ones before, I still thought that it was nice. I loved Talking To Myself, Battle Symphony and Sharp Edges right away. And One More Light (the song) made me cry. This time I would stay, even if everybody else seemed to hate the album.
    I finally started to learn about the bandmembers and their history. I watched interviews & LPTV and realised that not only their music is great, but their personalities are as well. All the members seemed so funny and kind! Not at all intimidating, like some of their songs. They became heroes to me and somehow, they've always been with me... Their music has helped me in my darkest times.
    So I decided I had to see them live. And I did. Some extremely lucky circumstances lead to me being at the Southside Festival in June 2017 - their last show in Germany. They played so many of my beloved songs! I absolutely loved every second of it and it's save to say that it was the happiest day of my life.
    And just a month later, the tragedy happened... I couldn't believe it. I still can't. And I was angry at myself: Why didn't I support them since the beginning? Was I even allowed to grieve? I barely knew anything about them! I must have been the lousiest fan ever. But then I met the LP family (on Tumblr and Twitter) and they were the nicest, most supportive people I've ever known. And it's no wonder, having role models like LP! Finally I found where I belong. Thank you, LP!

Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

Hey there greetings from Germany :wave:

Im Alex 21 years old.

Just here to welcome you and tell you, its never to late to join Linkin Park! Dont need to worry.

Have you checked MikeĀ“s new stuff out yet?
    :lazars:
    the future belongs to us! :clap:

Bernuviel and Michele like this.
    Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*nibbling on cookies* Greetings! Welcome to the land of Dazed and Confused. Munch, munch, munch.......Cookies?

Bernuviel likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm glad you got to see them live last year. :) I watched some festival sets via livestream and they looked so good. I was really looking forward to seeing the band live again during the OML cycle since I really enjoyed the album

Bernuviel likes this.
    Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

@Ksandory: Hello Alex! Thank you very much for the nice welcome. ^^
    Yes, I've been following Mike and the band very closely for a year now.
    I love all the Post Traumatic songs that were released so far. It really is a journey out of darkness - for him and for us. <3
    Which song do you like the most? :D

@Vdalem: Haha, thank you very much. There's nothing better than cookies! ;)

@minuteforce: Thank you! I still can't believe how incredibly lucky that was. I loved Linkin Park for half of my life and only got to see them live a month before everything changed forever. That's pretty much insane.
    I'm sorry you didn't see them on the OML tour. They really were fantastic. Will you see Mike on his Post Traumatic tour?

Ksandory likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you've found us!

Bernuviel likes this.
    Vdalem

Yeah, we kinds stinks at hiding. :clap:

Bernuviel likes this.
    Ksandory

Ksandory Well-Known Member

Hard to choose, there all all different and great!

Over again is really special and that stands out the most in my opinion.

Because of the lyrics from the hollywood bowl show last October, which I saw live at youtube... it was about 4:00 am in Germany. Ive never done this before for a stream.
    :CUMULUS:

Bernuviel likes this.
    Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

@Hybrid: Thank you! I'm glad I found you, too. :D

@Ksandory: You're right! Yeah, Over Again is so personal. I can't imagine what the Hollywood Bowl Show must have felt like for the LP guys.
    Haha, me too! I wish I could have been there. But staying awake to watch the livestream in the early morning was also totally worth it. xD
    I'm glad they did that for the fans, even if it was so hard for themselves. They're such wonderful people!

Hybrid likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, if he comes through my city

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Don't feel guilty about becoming a fan 'late'. It's never too late to enjoy this amazing band. The way I see it, rock music lost one of it's biggest talents. There were 'non-fans' mourning his loss too, because his talent and charm were just undeniable. Chester didn't just break the mold, he created it.

Vdalem and Bernuviel like this.
    Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

@minuteforce: Good luck then! :D
    I'm glad I live in Europe. Our continent is so small, I could basically get to any city within a few hours. xD
    And I'm so going to see a show, even if I have to spend all my money and go alone. xD

@Derek: Thank you for the reassurance! ^^
    You're right, Chester was one of a kind - such an awesome musician and human being! I'm glad the LP family is continuing his legacy of kindness.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, one thing that gives me pride about this band is that they created so much beautiful music with Chester that even if they decided not to continue (and I hope they do continue!!), they're going to continue to make new fans as future generations discover their music. Just like what has happened with The Beatles, Nirvana etc. Hybrid Theory is a timeless record. Even if the lyrics are 'angsty', the sound itself is so unique that it still holds up 18 years later.

Vdalem and Bernuviel like this.
    MarkzHenry

MarkzHenry Health

Welcome friends, I'm from CA.. great LP community with a ultimate facts and bulk significant information, In short everything is great..Yeah thumbs up dude. :sparta_smiley:

Vdalem likes this.
    Vdalem

Cookies for everyone!