Mark Morton's New Song 'Cross Off' Feat. Chester Bennington Out Now

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jan 8, 2019.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I think we should reach out Mark Morton on twitter and ask him to release some making of footage. It would be the last appearence of Chester working on studio.

And Mark seemed a very humble guy.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I agree that we could ask Mark about that, but Chester was in the studio with Watsky on July 15, he recorded his Cross Off vocals in April

Vinifeijo likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Really warming up to this track. Love the chorus melody, and that little rap breakdown I didn't expect at all.

Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

This is truly amazing. This song is so awesome. Got me so emotional. The bridge of the song is so powerful going from the scream into a soft tone back to agressive. Thank you Mark Morton for releasing this song.

minuteforce likes this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

IIRC, Chester took vocal lessons for One More Light. The first time in his entire career. I believe his performance here shows the payoff of those lessons. There is a control and finesse to his aggressive vocals here that imo completely takes a massive dump over anything he did prior. Not that his previous work wasn't great (it was FANTASTIC), but his performance here was on another level entirely. Occasionally weak lyrics aside, Chester elevated what was essentially a somewhat generic metal/hard-rock track to completely new heights.

I have the biggest feeling that if we had never lost Chester, the next few albums would've possessed the best performances of his career. Despite having over 20 years experience as a singer, he was truly just getting started. What a shame. RIP.

CannaKippers likes this.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, guess I'll be the first "negative" review. Kinda.

It's a good track. Instrumental is really nice, the lyrics are good enough. I will say though that the bridge is... not good. The pseudo-metal "rap" in the beginning just doesn't work for me. The end of that section is fine but man, that bridge could've used a lot more workshopping.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

^ :rofl:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:uh: :uh: :uh:

I went through a few days after the official release where I liked the song, obviously particularly for Chester's singing, but I'm over it now. It was never my kind of thing to start with

brady likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Chester's rap verse on Sorry For Now > Cross Off

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I don’t see how this compares to anything on THP lol. This one song is way heavier than that entire album plus Chester’s vocals actually have melody rather than him just shouting. If THP had a more polished sound mixing wise then maybe it would sound more alike to me but that’s just my opinion.

Jasmine

Jasmine Member

This song has definitely delivered! I love this song and will always love this song! There have been a few people who have disagreed with me but I have to admit this song is what we have needed since he passed. That’s all and you can say whatever you want to me cause this song is the best thing...