Linkin Park - What Are You Worth [OML Demo Leaked]

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LP Drew, May 5, 2019.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly the more I’ve listened, I do feel that despite its unfinished nature and slight shortcomings (the verses just don’t seem to have the same impact the chorus does), there is a lot of potential in this song. Namely, the chorus is really good, catchy as hell and has a great melody to it. It’s a chorus that I’ve found myself singing to myself a lot the last few days, which is interesting as that usually doesn’t happen with me with demos. I think they should keep this chorus in their back pocket for a future song (if they decide to continue recording as a band), because in the right context this could really soar. Kinda like how the melody for Crawling’s chorus was taken from “Blue” (in itself an average track) and ended up creating one of their most memorable choruses.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They weren't - sources don't share that freely.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

They already recycled this song's prog for "Heavy" so they could just change a lot of the backing and keep the mels and vocals.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I saw on Twitter that Adam had that channel and the rest of their social media removed.

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

Idk, but the vibe that I get is not from OML. It sounds like PT or even something completely different.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I dig this quite a bit. I liked OML a lot so this was something I could get into to. The melody is very good in the chorus. Pretty solid for a demo.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I was about to ask what PT stood for then I remembered Post Traumatic :facepalm:

As for the song, it's alright. Definitely not something that gets my hyped for a Mike led Linkin Park but this is also just an unfinished demo (It sounds unfinished to me) so I shouldn't put too much stock into it.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Listening to this makes me realize a new LP album would make me just as excited and hyped for the release as before. Just as I was for Rebellion, Skin To Bones, Invisible, and stuff.

The song is not great, but it is good.

Mostly, this just feels like Linkin Park. The vibe of those dudes making music together. I miss that.

blackout., Jesse and brady like this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I feel like a lot of the basic LP fans (no offense to them) would love this song because OMG GUITARZ :halfkappa:

But for real, this is a pretty solid demo, and with some refining, I wouldn't have minded to see this on OML or some other LP project.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

This reminds me a lot of the first half of Living Things. It has that glossy pop feel with the big guitars in the chorus that songs like In My Remains and I'll Be Gone had. I really dig it but feel it would have been very out of place on One More Light. I also noticed some similarities to Heavy composition-wise. Overall it's a nice track but I can see why they moved on to other songs for the album. Glad to have it.