Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

@LP Soldier 01 At least he finally got what he wanted :lol: Even if it only lasted 3 minutes.

2. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

Yeah, I saw like two Monday Night Raw shows or so where Cena kept calling for The Undertaker and making some imitations of him so that he could finally get the fight he wanted, but I thought it would be more interesting. They could make it a title match or so. Even Ronda's match was very short, she just kicked Stephanie McMahon's ass in under two minutes. I still think Ronda could have stayed in UFC, but she most likely went for WWE for a cash grab. I hope I can be able to watch the full show, anyway. It only airs here some days later, so I actually don't know when. Well, I've been more into WWE than I am now

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I disagree. I think that second loss of the unstoppable Ronda was her sign that competitors were starting to gain an edge on her. She became such a huge draw and the hype was beginning to out weigh the outcome. Had she stayed in UFC, I feel like she would have eventually become a mockery. In WWE, she could still have that draw without having so much pressure on her physically. Not downplaying WWE at all or the talent to make it there, but there are different stresses to each industries. I feel like her mic skills can only get better from here. She's not a terrible in ring performer and will only get better with more training and experience.

4. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I see your point, she became a target in the UFC, or at least every other athlete wanted to beat her because she was the number one and I think it's safe to say she was the one who brought popularity to women's UFC, in the same way that Conor McGregor did for men's UFC. It must have been tough for her to have lost to Holly Holm the way she did, she lasted less than a minute. The one against Amanda Nunes she lost again, so yeah I can see it could have been the only option she had. I also don't know how her relationship with Dana White was before she left UFC. Ronda is a great athlete for sure, but since she's rooted in Judo, she will probably take time to learn the WWE moves and eventually create her own signature move.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  5. Neill

Neill Right to left, left to right.

Predictions on the highly anticipated Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson bout?
    Striking-wise, I'd say Ferguson has the edge but if it goes to the ground I put my money on Khabib.

What about the upcoming WWE match with UFC retirees Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez?
    Me I'm rooting for the latter because I mean he's done it before, and as great of an athlete and sensation Lesnar is in sports entertainment, he makes it easy to dislike him, although the match itself could go either way.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019