Foxing song "Grand Paradise" remixed by Mike Shinoda

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 23, 2019.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

St. Louis-based rock band Foxing released their third studio album "Nearer My God" in August last year. Now, they unveil a brand-new remix of its vibrant opening track "Grand Paradise", helmed by none other than Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda! The track premiered through New York music blog BrooklynVegan, paired with this trippy visualiser:

Shinoda's new take on the song largely keeps to the template of the original song, but he has replaced the drums and basses with his own, in addition to providing new octaved guitar parts during the final chorus. An arpeggio synth also appears throughout the second half of the arrangement, and new pitched vocal edits briefly appear during the bridge and outro.

In a Facebook post announcing the track, Foxing explain how the link-up came about:
    The post also reveals that this "Grand Paradise" rework is the first taste of an upcoming remix collection that Foxing have planned. More remixes are due to premiere in the coming months:

For his part, Shinoda said this in his own Facebook post:
    The "Grand Paradise" remix is available on digital music services including Spotify. You can also check out the original version of "Grand Paradise" here. The album that the track is slated to appear on, "Nearer My God Remixes", has no set release date as of yet.

Source: Mike Shinoda on Facebook

Kevin, Sasuke and Dragondust like this.
    UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Foxing has been one of my favorite bands for a while, so I'm super happy to see this happen! Also glad that my profile picture coincidentally fits the occasion!

One quick correction though: the album was released last year in August, not this year!

minuteforce likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Fixed - thx!