September 11, 2024 - Los Angeles, CA: From Zero World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Sep 11, 2024.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Oh, we’re doing this? I guess we’re doing this.

Welcome back to the tour posts! We didn’t do these during the Post Traumatic tour of 2018 and 2019, and boy am I glad for that. Keeping up with the set changes Mike pulled off every night would have driven me absolutely crazy. But, now that Linkin Park is back, so are these posts.

The latest show Linkin Park played was less than a week ago, during an event taking place on September 5th. During the event, the band announced the return from their hiatus and played a one hour set with a new song, The Emptiness Machine. As well as playing the new song, a whole heap of fan favourites from their previous albums were also performed. Let's take a look at that new song and then recap the show.

As can be seen in the video above, and as you probably know by now, there has been some changes in the Linkin Park lineup from what we’re used to. Emily Armstrong is the new lead singer, on drums we have Colin Brittain and filling the role of playing lead guitar live from Brad Delson, is Alex Feder. Brad is still in the band, doing everything he would normally do, but has announced that he’s stepping away from playing live shows. In case you haven't seen his statement, you can read it below.

So now that we're caught up, let’s go a bit deeper into that show on September 5th. The band started the show off with the lead single for their new album From Zero, The Emptiness Machine. Then the old classics started coming, launching directly into Somewhere I Belong, Crawling, Lying From You and The Catalyst. Lying From You was last played back in 2015 when the band performed a shortened version of Lying From You / Dirt Off Your Shoulders from Collision Course on the second to last show of the unfortunately shortened North American leg of the The Hunting Party tour. Somewhere I Belong, Crawling and The Catalyst were all played at the Hollywood Bowl show celebrating Chester Bennington on October 27, 2017.

Next, the band played their mega hit and classic Numb, adding on a extended intro with Numb/Encore to the song. After that came Waiting for the End, again with an extended intro. However, it wasn’t the extended intro to the song that we’re used to, with the third verse of Until It Breaks added on, instead it was a completely new one. Both Numb and Waiting for the End was last seen on the Post Traumatic tour, Numb sometimes appearing in a piano medley and Waiting for the End being mashed up with Where’d You Go.

Following this, the band launched into their first single and original hit, One Step Closer. Both an extended intro and outro were added to the song. But next, they surprised everyone. Mike and Emily played a short piano and vocals version of the bands Meteora b-side and 2023 enormous hit, Lost. This is of course the first time the song has been played in any form whatsoever, and it was a beautiful performance.

What I’ve Done, In the End and Faint came next in the show, continuing the hit streak. What I’ve Done was again last seen at the Hollywood Bowl performance, where it was performed alongside with Blink-182. In the End was a staple in the Post Traumatic shows, where Mike would it play solo on piano, and letting fans sing Chesters parts, often not leaving one dry eye in the venue. Faint was last played with Linkin Park at the Hollywood Bowl show… BUT… Mike did perform it twice with Sum-41 in 2018, playing a shorter version of the song missing the second chorus and bridge. Mike also did a short acapella version of the song at a show in China on the Post Traumatic tour.

We’re almost done, I promise. For the last two songs, the band decided to go all out, playing Papercut and Bleed It Out. Both songs were last seen on the Post Traumatic tour, with Papercut being in a medley with About You/Over Again, becoming a favourite in the set, while Bleed It Out was mashed up with Good Goodbye.

And now, here we are. The band is going on stage later today, starting off their From Zero world tour. Playing five performances in September, the band then takes October off from touring, and then plays the last show in November, just days before their new album comes out on November 15. We will keep you updated on the tour as it goes on.

Are you going to any of the shows? What new/obscure songs do you hope they play? Will you be sitting up trying to desperately find videos while the show goes on? Come and discuss in our forum.

Shows left:
    September 16
    - Brooklyn, NY
    September 17 - The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
    September 22 - Hamburg, Germany
    September 24 - London, UK
    September 28 - Seoul, South Korea
    November 11 - Bogota, Colombia

Post show edit:
    Here's the setlist courtesy of @РΛТ
    1) Somewhere I Belong
    2) Crawling
    3) Lying From You
    4) Points of Authority
    5) New Divide
    6) The Emptiness Machine
    7) The Catalyst
    8) Burn It Down
    9) Waiting For The End
    10) Castle of Glass
    11) Joe Solo
    12) When They Come For Me / Remember The Name
    13) Lost in the Echo
    14) Given Up
    15) One Step Closer
    16) Lost
    17) Breaking The Habit
    18) What I've Done
    19) Leave Out All The Rest
    20) My December
    21) Friendly Fire
    22) Numb
    23) In The End
    24) Faint
    25) Papercut
    26) Keys To The Kingdom
    27) Bleed It Out (There They Go // Bridge)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2024 at 12:02 AM
    Andreina, .vis, РΛТ and 7 others like this.
    The Emptiness Machine

The Emptiness Machine Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Time for Powerless live debut?

Sasuke, The Free Element and Kevin like this.
    Casualty

Casualty Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be some kind of livestream, official one or otherwise.

Kevin likes this.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Would be cool

РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

no roads left emily version
    no? okay
    :depem:

Sasuke, The Free Element and Kevin like this.
    Christøffer

Christøffer Don't Ask LPA Super VIP

:depem:
    Pictureboard with Emily so we have a Mark, Chester, and Emily rendition :halfkappa:

РΛТ and Kevin like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Imagine they break out She Couldn't

Christøffer and Kevin like this.
    The Emptiness Machine

The Emptiness Machine Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What if they wanted to play "She Couldn't" and she couldn't sing it? (due to copyright)

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

I'm so happy these threads are back <3

Kevin and Christøffer like this.
    Christøffer

Christøffer Don't Ask LPA Super VIP

I think they should really dig deep and play Resolution featuring The Wizard Song chorus

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

That thing was basically a single for HT20. I imagine all that shit's been cleared up.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Maybe some extreme deep cuts like Carousel or Part of Me, like they did back in the day with Reading My Eyes.
    That would be incredible!

РΛТ likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I know it’s not the norm for people to stream entire shows but as an avid Taylor Swift fan where every show gets live streamed by someone I hope that someone will live stream the LP show. I really want to watch it!

Casualty likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Blake

• https://t.co/wP7O7ZJUoX Spoiler alert for if you want to see the stage. From one of grandson’s band members on Instagram

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

The stage was already shown off in the Zane Lowe interview.

101nemesis

101nemesis It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I hate whoever is going today!
    cause I'm jelly

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Please Note: Band images are for reference only. Final live band line-up may vary from the reference image shown. :halfkappa:

РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

whats that 2nd from the left guys name? :kappa:

Christøffer likes this.
    Blake

Set is amazing so far