September 16, 2024 - New York, NY: From Zero World Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Sep 16, 2024 at 2:20 AM.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

New York! The time has come for you and the band to show some mutual love to each other! After playing their first full show in Los Angeles last week, Linkin Park now makes their way over to New York for two shows, the one that this post is preparing for, and a performance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on September 17.

Last time Linkin Park played a full show in New York, was all the way back in 2014! On August 21st, 2014, while the band was in the middle of their Carnivores Tour, they hosted their tenth LPU summit in New York. At the summit the LPU members in attendance could watch an acoustic performance of Final Masquerade, played by Brad, Mike and Chester.

So that was the last full New York performance for the band, they did have more stops planned for the city, both in 2015 and 2017, but Chester broke his leg two shows before the one scheduled in 2015 while playing basketball, so unfortunately the rest of the tour had to be cancelled. The band did however, in 2017, do some promo in the city for their 2017 album One More Light. Brad and Chester stopped by and performed the song One More Light at the Spotify offices for the employees there. Afterwards the full band headed down to Grand Central Station where they performed a small acoustic set that was filmed for Good Morning America. Initially the set ended with What I've Done, but the crowd that had gathered to watch the performance started chanting for In The End, so the band dutifully performed it.

So, should we talk about that performance in Los Angeles? Linkin Park and their fans showed that they really know how to rock out and have a good show. They extended on the setlist from their now iconic September 5th show, bringing out even more mega classics, Points of Authority, New Divide, Burn it Down, Castle of Glass, Lost In the Echo, Given Up, Breaking the Habit and Leave Out All the Rest all returned to the stage. On Points of Authority and Leave Out All the Rest, Mike now sings lead in the verses and Castle of Glass is back to it's original form for the first time since 2013, having been played mostly as a remix of the Recharged version since 2014.

As for what the band brought out that was new... well where do we start? For the first time since March 10, 2008, the band played My December. With Colin on guitar, Phoenix on bass, Mike on piano, Joe doing some light scratching and Emily on lead vocals, it's a really beautiful version of the song that really deserves to be released officially with the best recording possible. Colin also played guitar on another newcomer to the set, a mashup of When They Come for Me and Remember the Name. The song was performed by Mike and Colin solo, with Colin switching between guitar and drums mid-song.

In order to lock in, Mike DEMANDS a cap

There were also some debuts of new live songs at this show with the band bringing out two more, and they're both connected to the bands Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000–2023) released earlier in 2024. Friendly Fire was played for the first time, just months after we first heard it in February of 2024, back when we had no idea what the future of the band was. As for the other live debut, Mike talked to the crowd about how when they put out the singles collection, fans were complaining that there was something missing. No songs from The Hunting Party were included on that collection, and the fans felt that the band wasn't showing proper love to their 2014 album. So to remedy this, and bring some #JusticeForTheHuntingParty the band brought out the opening track to the album, Keys to the Kingdom, really giving Emily a chance to showcase just how hard she can bring it.

The woman is a damn beast.
    So what do we think will happen at this show? Will the band make any changes to the setlist? While Keys to the Kingdom is a great energetic addition to the set, will that spot be rotated with other The Hunting Party songs that never got a live debut? Songs like All For Nothing, War and Mark the Graves never got played live and would make for good additions as well. What about the My December spot, maybe switch that song out with the acoustic version of Final Masquerade? Hell, maybe even Jay-Z appears at this show and they run down half of Collision Course, you never know.

With the advancement of technology, making it easier to livestream than ever before, fans at home were able to watch the Los Angeles show on YouTube,tiktok and Facebook, getting to experience the surprises along with the fans attending the show. While we're not gonna ask our readers to livestream the show, if anyone reading this finds a stream or you're streaming it, let us know so we can watch along with you.

After this show the band stays in New York, playing on the Tonight Show the day afterwards, where Mike is also listed as a guest separately, likely meaning he will be doing an interview segment on the show. September 22nd is the next full live show for the band, playing in Hamburg, Germany. Germany and Linkin Park go together about as well as possible, so that will make for a fantastic show.

Are you attending any shows on this tour? What changes do you think the band will make to the setlist? Is it ok to livestream a show so that people can watch along from home? Come and discuss in our forums.

Shows left:
    September 17
    - The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
    September 22 - Hamburg, Germany
    September 24 - London, UK
    September 28 - Seoul, South Korea
    November 11 - Bogota, Colombia

Setlist:
    1) Somewhere I Belong
    2) Crawling
    3) Lying From You
    4) Points of Authority
    5) New Divide
    6) The Emptiness Machine
    7) The Catalyst
    8) Burn It Down
    9) Waiting For The End
    10) Castle of Glass
    11) Joe Solo
    12) When They Come For Me / Remember The Name
    13) A Place for My Head
    14) Given Up
    15) One Step Closer
    16) Lost
    17) Breaking the Habit
    18) What I've Done
    19) Leave Out All The Rest
    20) My December
    21) Friendly Fire
    22) Numb
    23) In The End
    24) Faint
    25) Papercut
    26) Keys To The Kingdom
    27) Bleed It Out (There They Go // Bridge)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 3:43 AM
    РΛТ, Filip, Qwerty19 and 3 others like this.
    РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

The Sep 11 concert was soooooo good that i wouldnt even mind the same setlist.
    It was one concert where i really went "wow...".

Although there are a few songs id love to hear
    The Little Things Give You Away
    Roads Untraveled
    From The Inside
    stuff like that

all in all i am excited for what this brings us!

Christøffer, Gibs and Kevin like this.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Earlier I was listening to the performance of TLTGYA at Milton Keynes, and was thinking how cool it would be to hear that one performed by the new line-up. I don’t know if they will do it this tour (they’ve never been a band to have rotating setlists), but I’d love to see them play it sooner rather than later!

Christøffer and РΛТ like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Pretty sure, even if they're not always significantly different, Linkin Park has been known to rotate through different setlists during tours. All signs point to tonight's show using a different setlist to the previous one.

Christøffer, Kevin and Gibs like this.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

In that case, I eagerly anticipate what might happen.

Casualty

Casualty Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't mind if they dropped SIB, LFY, PoA, and/or BID. Adding TTM, RU, Powerless, FM (either one lol) and/or MTG.

I'm expecting the same set with maybe or two changes if any. Oh and maybe we get different rap verses over the BIO bridge

Kevin likes this.
    РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

Honestly mike doing the verses is something else tho. I like it

Casualty

I don't hate it or anything, I just don't see the need for the band to play 5 songs from HT (also 5 from Meteora) and leave off the entirety of one studio album (You can throw FF into the OML era but its not from the album). I'm sure its difficult for the band to pick songs and they realize they can't please every single person.

РΛТ and .vis like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

They set the bar really high with the previous show, so definitely looking forward what happens in this one!

Kevin likes this.
    minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Have you perhaps considered it may be difficult for the band to play songs off OML considering everything that occurred?

Christøffer

Christøffer Don't Ask LPA Super VIP

As minuteforce mentioned, LP has done rotating setlists in the past. Usually it consists of just a few songs in the set that get rotated between A, B, or even C options, but there is precedent for rotation in their sets. Whether or not they want to do that on their comeback tour remains to be seen. But it's not entirely outside of possibility!

Gibs likes this.
    Casualty

I did consider that and it's certainly possible that's the reason. It could just be an oversight by the band as well.

minusxerø

So you really think a band who released an album, lost their lead singer during the tour, went on hiatus for 7 years, reformed and wrote a new album, went through all their songs to see what needed a key change, included an unfinished OML song on the set, conferred with multimedia companies to create visuals for the live tour, filmed a music video, set up an LPU exclusive secret show through Ticketmaster, and created custom interludes that reference many albums of past material just made an OVERSIGHT about one of their albums?

Casualty

The Hunting Party was left off of Papercuts

minusxerø

It was a greatest hits record and THP didn't have any hits.

Casualty

If you say so

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Just comparfed THP and OML spotify plays, and i was kinda surprised :lol:

THP just has FInal Masquerade with over 100 Million hits (135 exactly).

OML has GG (135), TTM (125), BS (143), Heavy (354!!!) and OML (400). And all the other tracks are also a lot higher than THP.

Christøffer likes this.
    minusxerø

Let me math at you real quick.

https://kworb.net/spotify/artist/6XyY86QOPPrYVGvF9ch6wz_songs.html

Here is a list of LP's most streamed songs on Spotify.

Papercuts was 20 songs, of which 2 were "new releases", leaving 18 songs to choose from on their Greatest Hits.

When do we see the first THP song? #32, Final Masquerade. Mathematically, there are 31 songs that were bigger hits than a THP song. Just from that alone, it's obvious why the 18 songs on Papercuts were not from THP.

They could nearly double the tracklist of Papercuts and have solid arguments for not including ANYTHING from that album.

What's the next popular THP song? Until It's Gone at #55, and Guilty All The Same at #56. With 69.7m 65.6m listens. You know what's interesting about that? The Emptiness Machine, a song that hasn't even been out for 2 weeks yet, is at #59 with 58.5m listens. That means that in less than 2 weeks, TEM has attained more listens than the entirety of The Hunting Party save 3 songs, two of which TEM will realistically surpass BEFORE FROM ZERO HAS EVEN RELEASED, possibly even by the end of the week.

With Wastelands at #68, we start reaching the point where LIVE PERFORMANCES are out playing The Hunting Party.

Crawling from One More Light Live (#69 nice) has more plays than All For Nothing and ALITS.

Papercut live at BBC1 at #89 has more plays than Rebellion, KTTK.

Lying From You from the LPU 2003 Tour, One More Light Live, fucking Wake, She Couldn't, an ALTERNATE VERSION of Iridescent, Talking To Myself Live, Across The Line, From The Inside live from the 2003 LPU Tour, and the goddamned Steve Aoki remix of One More Light ALL have more plays than the next THP song, War.

THP did not have hits.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Can we stay on the topic of the live show please?

Michele likes this.
    minusxerø

I hope at the NY live show LP plays all the hits from The Hunting Party

Christøffer likes this.