"Heavy Is The Crown" music video coming soon

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Sep 23, 2024 at 5:11 AM.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No more room for doubt: the official League of Legends Twitter account has outright named Linkin Park's "Heavy Is The Crown" as the anthem for Riot Games' 2024 League of Legends Season World Championship! The song will be used in promotional materials during the lead-up to, and all throughout, the Worlds event, which kicks off on September 25.

Per the announcement tweet, the song and its League-themed music video will be premiered on the official League of Legends YouTube channel at 8 AM PT on September 24. The very brief snippet of the song heard in the preview features a typical Linkin Park octave guitar part paired with dramatic string flourishes over an uptempo rock rhythm - it's no surprise that fans have likened it to "Faint".

In addition to being released in partnership with League of Legends, "Heavy Is The Crown" also serves as the second single taken from Linkin Park's upcoming eighth studio album From Zero ahead of its November 15 release, with lead single "The Emptiness Machine" having been unleashed earlier this month on September 5.

Fans who attended Linkin Park's most recent live show in Hamburg have actually heard "Heavy Is The Crown" in full ahead of everyone else as the band performed it live for the first time. Video recordings from audience members have since made the rounds, revealing that the song features rap verses by Mike Shinoda as well as a fittingly-anthemic chorus led by Emily Armstrong. These classic Linkin Park dynamics paired with an energetic symphonic rock sound have garnered a positive reception from fans worldwide, and created a lot of hype for the song's full release.

Linkin Park is still in the middle of a 6-date world tour ahead of the From Zero album release in mid-November, and it is not unlikely that "Heavy Is The Crown" will continue to be part of the setlists for the remaining dates.

Are you excited for this new single? Talk about it on our message board!

Source: League of Legends on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2024 at 10:19 AM
    Abel, Kevin, РΛТ and 4 others like this.
    РΛТ

РΛТ LPA VIP LPA VIP

I have not listened to any preview, snippet or anything but from what i can see - people seemed to like it (?)
    Im so hyped.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked it. Very LP.

What I also like: The fact "lpassociation" is top of my predicted google search again.

dutchsoldier and Kevin like this.
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Brace yourself, this is a killer one. Given that preview, looking forward the video too!

Kevin likes this.
    101nemesis

101nemesis It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

When Mike attended Arcane's first season premiere randomly, I don't think anyone ever expected the band to have a brand new song in the soundtrack of season 2 let alone be the anthem of LoL World.

What a month it has been for LP fans.

Filip and Kevin like this.
    dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

My general advice would be to wait a bit too... killer song live but I couldn't make out the synths and more subtile melodies at the show very well. The snippet gives a whole new dimension to the song already.

JJ likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I had to admit I listened to that snippet at least ten times lmao. I remembered the old days of early internet teasing.

Just one more sleep. Let's go!

dutchsoldier likes this.
    minuteforce

I've rewatched it a few times because I'm excited for some cool performance footage. Expecting this video to be much better than the "Emptiness Machine" one

ScatterMatter

ScatterMatter Well-Known Member

The band look like they’re Noxian in the preview. Considering the end of S1 of Arcane, no doubt the board takes Ambessa up on her advice to go to war.

minuteforce

@Kevin and I could use more knowledge of this kind in describing the video once it's out - I'm not a League player myself

Christøffer and ScatterMatter like this.
    ScatterMatter

ScatterMatter Well-Known Member

That might be as far as it goes in the video, Noxus is coming to Piltover to squash Zaun and LP is tied in with the military industrial complex that is Noxus, but I’ll definitely be looking closely tomorrow! Me and several others on here, I’m sure.

edit; Every part of me is like ‘This is my time!’ But my kid is pretty demanding in the AM which I think is when it releases.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2024 at 11:28 PM
    minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

FROM THE INSIDE - Takes place in a riot.
    BLEED IT OUT - Riot/fight breaks out in a bar.
    SHADOW OF THE DAY - Takes place in a riot.
    THE CATALYST - Riots, now with color grenades!
    PTS.OF.ATHRTY - Riots, now with robots instead of humans!

And, the grand finale...

HEAVY IS THE CROWN - Riot Games made this music video.

minuteforce

I think some rioting is implied in"Until It's Gone" too ... :bookread:

Christøffer likes this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I would appreciate context if there's any because I really do NOT know any LoL at ALL.

Btw tomorrow at 8PM PT is the video premiere, but is the song as well? Will we have the song earlier on streaming platforms?

minuteforce

We're not sure. The focus of these things is typically the video, I don't know if it's typical for the songs to be brand-new and mostly never-before-heard. There's a lot about these Worlds partnerships that isn't easy to catch up on if you're completely new to it all

Christøffer and Andreina like this.