Americans VS Canadians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mr. Benzedrine, Feb 21, 2004.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

It's strange,that almost all the countries who share a borderline "hate" each other. :mellow:
    I think that this is just because of all those stupid stereotypes...
    But I don't take it to serious.

lp_fan23k

lp_fan23k Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the more Canada beat America at sports and other stuff, the more they'll hate us.

paulmca2001

paulmca2001 Active Member

Scottish people hate English people, but i don't think English people have such a big problem with scottish people. Maybe because England are better than Scotland in most sports, such as football and rugby. But the scottish love the irish. its kinda weird. :wth:

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

I'm English and Ive NEVER heard that Scottish people hate English people!

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

The problem, it always has been this way and will always be, is the way of thinking! The american leader is for war; canadian people and leaders are against it. And almost everytime there's this kid of hate between two countries it's because of it! And don't you dare telling me I'm too young to know what I'm talking about! In Quebec we have this same kind of hate between English speakers and french speakers! what's exasperating is that it all begun with religious differences (I know there were other things but the main was that) and now nobody gives a damn about religion in here but still there's always this hate between French and english speakers! So, what I want to say it's that if the differences aren't put away now, what will be the relation between Canada and USA in 300 years??? I don't even want to imagine it!

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

DO WE KNOW HIM???? :lol:

He's a Canadian, and the greatest hockey player who ever lived!

:)

By the way that quote is hilarious!

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Some put it away, some don't. I don't know, that separatist wave has no reason to exist in a world where globalisation is the way, but some can't get past those 60s ideas. Else than the separatists and hard-liner english-speaking Canadians, the relationship is pretty good.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I think you mean Protestants and Catholics.

Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

That was the best... If you guys don't know what we're talking about.. End of World.

Check it, it's great haha.

hmartin84

hmartin84 Well-Known Member

lol, usually people think that that's just a lil tale, but we do say it all the time! God, I probably say it a million times during a day!

Honestly, I'm not sure why "Canucks" and "Yanks" hate eachother so much, not all do, some people can see how pointless it is! God, all that's separating us is a border. I guess that border really separates a lot. I guess a lot of the people down south think that Canada is so cold that they start stereotyping (if that's the proper word to use) us as (pardon moi) "eskimo's." But then some Canadians think of most Americans to be hillbillies. So basically everyone's being hypocritical. I dunno if that's really the honest to gods truth but meh.
    Another theory I've heard is American's tend to get kinda "upidy." They may think they're better than us. But again, I doubt it's true and it's all really stupid.