Injuries?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Mar 17, 2004.

Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Uhm.. before i was one year of age... I cracked my skull.. and got a concusion.. other than that... only a few sprained ankles.. and pulled muscles.. Oh yea, I'm smooth!

Wait i forgot that i dis-located my shoulder.. heh whoops.. I did that on my swim team.. It sucked cause i wasn't supposed to swim the rest of the season.. but i dind't care i just swam again in 3 days. Haha I was in big trouble.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

well ive had this

3 hour operation to my right knee, because i was hit by a car all the ligaments on my knee cap were ripped off

my shoulder was fractured in 3 places from the same car accident

i had to get my ear 3/4 sown back on

soon i`ll have an operation on my kidney

injuries, i guess ive sprained my ankle a few times, pulled thigh muscles., my hamstrings giving me trouble now since i was hit by a car on monday (not fast tho)

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

i've never broken anything (touchwood) but i have sprained my neck 3 times, my ankles about 8 times collectively, my wrists about 5 times collectively, and i nearly dislocated my shoulder in a car accident.

oh yeah an i forgot i might need a kidney op as it gets reinfected every year and i get dizzy and hallucinate when it's infected.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

:wth: Some people get all the luck.

When I was 4, I split my chin open while dancing in Zellers. It needed 8 stitches.4 years later, I was making an igloo with a few friends and I slipped on some ice and split my chin open again on a block of ice I was carrying.

In Grade 5, I was playing Tag and I *inhales* ran into a door. :blush: I ended up breaking my collar bone. I realized it was broken after my impact with the door. I waited for a hospital for 3 hours to hear from doctor, "Your collar bone... it's broken!" *gawks fakely* Big surprise there. It was the worse, I cried nearly everyday, it was so painful to sleep. I had to wear a harness for a month and a half. Plus the bone grew back funny. :wth:

I've sprained ankles, wrists and popped blood vessels in toes, fingers... whatever. lol. I was quite the injury prone child. Thank God, I've matured and I'm not so klutzy. :p

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

One time, at summer camp....

I broke my pinkie!

:lol:

The pinkie was halfway down the side of my hand, and halfway in. I remember me and my friend Mike sitting on the steps of the Chalet of the camp going "Cool" and "turn it a bit to the left". I had to wait like 6 hours in the hospital :angry:

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I never broke anything that I remember of.

My knee dislocates every now and than, though. But no one knows about that. *Wink

ella1432

people who break bones all the time may have osteogenesis imperfecta type 1 and not know it.
    if you've seen the film Unbreakable you'll know what I mean.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

That would blow if you broke as many bones as Samuel L. Jackson did! :mellow:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

is that when people don't fully recover from their injuries?

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

i broke or more "bent" my forearm by falling out of a tree, or flying 10ft through the air if you wanna be more precise.

ouch, god that hurt, i landed in a patch of thistles, and den rolled into a stingin nettle clump! :unsure:

limited_edition

limited_edition Well-Known Member

Well I cant remember others (i'll post them when I can remember them)

It was red nose day (about 2 years ago) and I was wearing baggy trousers (pants in american) and I ran down the stairs, not too fast tho, and tripped on about the 4 stair at the bottom and i fell head first on to a corner of a door frame (sharp) and cracked my head open, I ran up stairs cuz my mum was shouting at me and I was holding my head, I took my hands away and blood poured out of my head ( like a tap, literaly) and I called my mum she came up stairs to help me, about a minute after I felt really sick and when all white, and felt really unwell.
    I went to hospital and they clued the cut ( I hate stitches) and they told me I had concusion. MAN DID THAT HURT

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Had surgery two years ago because I had two teeth in my lower gum. It was the canin tooth that never growed and a fifth canin tooth that wasn't supposed to exist and they were stuck right under the four frontal teeth. It hurt.

And I had breast surgery last august to make them smaller... :wth: lost any sensation my skin had on those parts for about three days.

I don't think I had any other injuries or surgeries apart from thsoe two. If I find more I'll edit!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

For some reason, I'm always getting ingrown toenails which get infected. They're painful and disgusting, so I have to get them removed. Even though my feet are numbed, it still hurts like hell.

But I've had no injuries. I've never broken a bone or anything. In middle school during gym I was hit directly in the eye with a hockey puck. It hurt, but when the pain went away later that day, I didn't even have a black eyes. I was lucky, but that was the last time I played goalie ;)

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

i just had an ingrowen tonail cut out and i had 6 stiches in my toe and 4 stitches.

i've also been knocked out twice-i was running down the road to catch a bus witch was about 2 leave when some skaters when passed and pushed me over onto the middle of the road and skated of i nearly got hit by a car appaerently but the lady stopped and called my parents.

and i fell out of my hammock and hit my head i was the only one home too.

and i split my head open playing cricket someone hit a real cricket ball into my head.

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

the worst thing that happened to me was when i cut my foot open. i was at the swimming pool when i was climbing out i felt the shapr tiles rip my skin (i can feel my foot as i write this) i didnt want to look down i looked and there was blood everywhere i ran to the life guard and they taped it up i had to get 3 stitches and they thought i mite have dont damage tot he tendons in my big toe cuz it was right where the toe starts. i think it has cuz i ant move my toe properly but i didnt say anything. it was disgusting but it didnt hurt. i had to take the stiches out myself becuase when they had to be taken out it was a long weekend so the doctor was away and i wasnt gonna let anyone else do it.

ella1432

ugh-my sister had an ingrowing toenail and you could actually smell it when she was in the room-it was disgusting.
    osteogenesis imperfecta is basically osteoporosis and it means your bones aren't very strong and they break more easily than someone with healthy bones.

You know, the night before I broke my arm all my friends were discussing injuries, and I said almost the exact same thing as you, minus the part about stitches...I think I even said "I rule."

:wth:

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    I've never broken or sprained anything either. The closest I've ever come to bodily harm was when I grazed my knee and elbow as a kid, and also several weeks ago when my left index finger was whacked by a basketball. To this day I still can't bend it properly and the finger joint seems a bit stiff. My injuries are very minor compared to what everyone else has gone through. Also, I've never visited a hospital either. :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

o yeah I remember these injuries both involving golf clubs.

When I was five, a friend was over and we were playing golf with plastic golf clubs. I stood behind him when he was about to swing (not a good idea) and he accidentally hit me right to the left of my left eye. I went to the hospital and still have a small scar to this day from it.

This injury is fvckin hilarious (it hurt then but it seems funny now). I was just swinging a golf club around side to side carlessly and accidentally struck myself in the right side of my head :lol: :lol: :lol: . I was running around the yard in pain, then went inside, and my dad took me to the hospital. I needed three staples.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I've never broken or sprain anything (nock on wood) yet... but I have had some moles removed, and I've had some in-patient surgery on my neck to remove a cyst... THREE TIMES. The first or second time (can't really remember...) the doctor gave me a couple of injections to numb it, but they wore off immediately and I felt (and heard, ack!) the knife cutting into my neck, and I could feel when she was giving me stitches. Not a very fun experience at all...

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I never had a broken bone, or whatever.

I only have scars :lol:

Once i was tackled at soccer.. and that really hurt. But i got over it and i kicked him back :chemist:

Couple months later i kicked the ball wrong and my leg really hurts and i couldnt kick the ball hard. I couldnt even pass the ball at a 5meter distance :lol: So that sucked big time.

^_^