Straight Edge

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nowhere Kid, Mar 27, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

"I I'm Straight Edge Then"

:p :lol:

Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Yea.. SAme here.. I just swear i'll never do drugs, cause I mean come on. Why would anyone want that? (don't comment on that please lol, unless you believe that too..)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm going to give you background information on why I choose not to drink:

One night, a friend of a friend's went out partying and it was his first time drinking. He ended up getting wasted and then was dead the next day because he was in a car accident.

That's why I choose not to drink because that could happen to me.

....[/random]

XEdgeXForLifeX

XEdgeXForLifeX Member

yea will I understand. What really influenced me is seeing how bad all that stuff affected my family. My dad was a rock and roll singer. Druggie all that bad stuff. He would leave for 2 weeks at a time spending all my moms money and buy drugs, he left us on our own for months at a time just showing up when he felt like it. Ill never forget when he told me he was going to get milk and diidnt come bak for 3 weeks. Seeing what all this did to my dad reflected back on me. If im lucky i get to c my dad once a year. I mean I can forgive him but Ill never forgive the impact it left on me

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

well i guess i might put an X on my hand but its like..i never wanted to do any of those things its just the way i was brought up and raised so i never planned on doing those things.

so i guess you could say i'm straight edge

XEdgeXForLifeX

XEdgeXForLifeX Member

its your choice it was soo hard for me, I mean claiming edge was probably one of the hardest for me, thinking of all the old habits think about it. Follow what your heart tells you

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

sorreys it took me ages to reply...

no, im not edge. i smoke. i smoke like once a week but when i do i smoke like the whole package.
    im still a virgin, so i dont have sex. and i want to stay a virgin till my wedding night, which probably wont happen but yeah.
    i drink occasionally. only like bacardi with something... just on parties but i never get drunk.
    what else...
    oh yeah. i dont take drugs/ i never tried them. and im not planning to in the nearby future.
    anything else...? no i think thats everything.
    oh and im not a vegetarian cos im not strong enough. :shifty:

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I'm going to give you background information on why I choose not to drink:

One night, a friend of a friend's went out partying and it was his first time drinking. He ended up getting wasted and then was dead the next day because he was in a car accident.

That's why I choose not to drink because that could happen to me.

....[/random] [/b][/quote]
    That sucks :(

Well I understand that you've had a more personal experience, but most people who party up (my parents included) have gone on to lead happy, successful lives.

But yea, I guess since people are so out of it they don't think about the dangers of drinking and driving....good point there. I understand your decision :)

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

i drink once and a while, i dont smoke cuz i dont wanna, i dont want yellow teeth lol. i dont use drugs becuase my cousin died of a drug o.d. and i think its a waste of time and people only do it to be "cool" im not like that i wouldnt do anything to make me look "cool" im not planning on waiting until marriage for sex, i want to be with someone that i love and trust and have been with for a while though

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

lp_dreamer: a lot of people do it for more reasons than to just be "cool". So don't go assuming you know everyone's motives when you don't.

Again - I'm not straight edge. Right now I'm being forced to not do certain things because of current situations.

I'm just clean as of now. Always been clean. But straight edge - no.

I'll just live my life to its best. Whether or not that life will involve drinking or drugs is up to the circumstances in the future.

Madias04x

Madias04x Guest

Ok, it's my turn to comment. So far the worst thing I've heard from all non sXe is that they drink, smoke everynow and then, and some have had sex. Let me tell you something that you need to hear. I was home-schooled all my life (just graduated, fixing to turn 18 on 04/20). As soon as I got my truck, I felt I had more freedom than I ever had. I was so pissed off at my parents for holding me back. So the very first thing I did (BTW, I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs) when I had "freedom" is I went out and drink 12 beers in 30 minutes!!! Right now I can just see your reactions on your faces! lol! Yes, I was super f*cked up. But, I was with people who I trusted and they promised me they would not let me leave the house. Now I don't remember doing this because I was so damn drunk, but they said I got into my truck and started it up. Everyone at this party was drunk off their asses! But, I was the only who drank that many beers in so little time that I don't remember half the night. Anyways, they stoped me from leaving. After that I passed out, then the next morning I woke up and they said I they were dragging me through out the house because I was throwing up. Funny thing is I had no hangover (I'm not trying to brag). My first expierance was a HUGE wake up call. If my friend hadn't of been there to stop me from driving off, I could be dead. I tend to drink every now and then, just depends on what's going on. But now when I do, I know my limits. I know when I'm at my sober stage, when I'm at my buzzed staged, when I'm at my drunk stage, and when I'm at my f*cked up stage. Every since my frist time drinking, I ALWAYS stop right at the drunk stage. Yes, I'm drunk, and I'm having the effects of being drunk and having slow reaction time and so forth. But then again I have self-controll over myself not to do stupid sh*t like drive wasted! I'm sorry, but I must bore you all with more...you'll thank me later maybe. You cant really compare drinking to drugs, because in the same way your putting something into body and therefor "f*cks you up". I've learned that if you going to do anything, whether is be drinking, smoking pot, or doing drugs, you have to know when enough is enough. Because honeslty, once you've had more than enough you're going to regret it, just like I did when I first drink. I was lucky, and I learned my lesson, and now when I drink I KNOW when to stop. And drinking is something my family has a hard time with, because my grandparents HAD to have beer to get through the day....they were addicted. Somehow drinking doesn't effect me they way it did for them. Maybe it's because I had good trusting friends with me that night to not let me to stupid crap. Maybe it's because I learned my lesson. I know one thing, I woke up the next morning and never drank another beer for 3 months because it tasted so gross. I used to love the taste of beer. Even now after two years later, everytime I sip a beer is brings back those memorize, and it forces me not to drink. But like I said, I know my limits, I know when to stop, and I know when enough is enough. Ok, so I did the drinking stage, got tired of it after a while, wanted something new. So my friend wanted me to try some coke. I did, and I had quite a bit. To be honeslt, that drug does nothing for you but make you have dry mouth, and bitter taste in the back of your throat and you cannot stop talking to ppl, so you look like a dipshit. I tried it once, and said "screw this crap" and to this day I refuse to do it. So I went back into "finding something new". So i got a hold of some pot one day, and I smoked a lot and I was extremely f*cked up. Again, I had a trusting friend with me who said "if you smoke, I'm not, because one of has to look after the other." So he drove to the store with me and I remember sitting there in my seat and it's like I black out and didn't come back until 5-10 minutes later and be toltally confused on where the f*ck I was. It sounds like it's not a good feeling, but honeslty it was the best feeling I have ever felt. Hang over on weed suck ass though (I know all the ppl on this board who smoke pot understand). Ok so bla bla, did the drinking thing, didn't like the coke, I was tired of getting stoned, what else could I do! Nothing! I refused to use needles to inject drugs into your body. Once it's in there, lol, it's not coming out. And I only laugh because some ppl abuse what they take, and those are the ones who die. I was basicly completely sober for the next three months. I didn't do a single thing (except have a drink every now and then) for three months. I was offered ecstasy a few times but I heard about the risks and I'm scared to death of what one little pill can do to you? But I kept getting it offered to me over and over. Finally I did some research on the damn thing and learned that the pill itself is as dangerous as you make it. You take one, to feel good, then it dies, so you take another, but the second won't do #### to you. There's something your brain that's being released in small portions, basicly telling of pain, fear, hungry, sleepiness, happiness and anger. Well when you take X, it released every bit of that into your brain. We're talking to the point of where you're brain is like "DAMN!", and once it's all been released, it can't be built up again like majic. It takes time, so when the first pill dies down, ppl take another, and another. Then eventually you'll get a very skinny 16-year old who's unhealthy and takes two Purple Stars (I live in Waco, TX, and I founded out those pills where new in Waco and everyone was trippen over it) and she has a wonderful time. Then at 10 in the morning falls to the ground and has a ceaser (SP?). She didn't die, but she same close. My main point I'm trying to get across is drinking/drugs are ONLY as dangerous as you make them. Personally, if you have the will power to say no to is all, thats great! I really like ppl like that. But at the same I have friends who are always getting f*cked up from what not, and have no self-controll over what they do. Drinking is just as bad as doing drugs. You get too damn drunk and feel liek taking a drive, you're most likley gonna killed or something. You OD on drungs and you're pretty much screwed. Like I said, I have great respect for ppl who can say no to all that stuff. But at the same time I HATE ppl that have no self controll over what they do that they'll do anything and everything and do more than their supossed to because "they think they can handle it". And those are the ppl who die in car wrecks from from drinking and driving, or end up killing someonw else. I knew some guy a while back who got drunk, hit a lady walking her dog and killed her, and now he's living in jail with that day always on his mind. I say if you abuse what you have, then either don't do it, or spend the rest of life in misery from it (ex, my friend in jail). I also have great respect for people who can drink/do drugs and know when enough is enough. In fact (please don't get pissed at me for saying this), I have greater respect for those who have done it, still do it, and still have self controll over when enough is enough and have enough self controll that drinking or a drug has to be a part of the system everyday. To rewind things a little, I ended up doing ecsacty. After learning what I did, and figuring out that you will not die if you take one, because thats all you need, and taking too many "may" kill you. So I took this pill, I know it was blue but I can't remember the name of it. This was actually Friday night I took. I had just gotten off of work, and I was extrememly pissed off because works sucks, I was very tired. I wanted to go home. I figured what the hell, one pill isn't gonna kill me, let's see if it's worth everybody is taking about. So I take the damn thing, 30 minutes later, I felt nothing. I was pissed off because that crap didn't do a damn thing. So I go lay in bed and try to fall asleep, about 15 minutes I had to go to the bathroom. Walked into the bathoom and felt like I was in heaven. Excstasy is something I cannt desribe in words, it's something you had to have taken to know what I'm talking about. I can say though that I wasn't tired anymore, I wasn't pissed off about work, I felt no uncomfort what so ever, and I sat in my truck and listened to techo for at least 4 hours and it was the best thing ever. It's something you have to expirence in order to understand. I ended going to a party with about 6 more ppl who were also rollin', and i was offered two more pills, just like that! If I hadn't of done my research, I would of taken them by instint thinking if what I feel now is great, what would two more do to me? Nothing, put me in a hospittle bed, if i was lucky. And after that night, I came to realize that drugs are not harmfull if you don't abuse them and take then on a normal basic. I'm not saying go out and do it, it's a little more difficute than that. I hear about people who've taken drugs for the hell of it, they didn't know they hell the drug did to them, didn't know how much was too much, they didnt' know crap, and they end up dead of screwed up for a pretty long time. I'm telling everyone in here right now who does drink and/or smoked pot that you need to be carefull. And what I say now is don't be affraid of the drug, be afraid of how you use it. Something thing for drinking too. One thing I learned from ecstacy is that it makes you feel really good. It will not slow down your time reaction or anything, you can drive while you're rolling and it feels not different than if you were driving sober (except you feel your floating, that you and gravity have no connection whatsoever....lol) But one thing you cannot hide is how big your puples get (sp?), because they are so big you can hardly even see any color in your eye except whit and black. It doesn't effect you're vision, but if somebody you know (like your parents) saw your eyes, there would be no lie you could say that make them belive. I'm going way out of my topic here, but I really wanted to say something because from what I've been hearing ppl doing on this board is nothing compared to what I went through this past weekend. Doing pot is prolly the very first drug anyone does? You can't OD on pot, well you can if you smoke you're whole body weight, but it wouldn't happen. Pot is a very addicting drug for many ppl. And any kind of drug you do over and over again like its a daily routine will eventually lead to to bad stuff. I know guy now who HAS to smoke pot everyday, and he's been doing since he was 12 years old (he's 19 now) that when he's sober, his brain cannot function right. He has memory loss, you can tell him something simple, like you're name, and in one minute he will forget it. I know for ecstacy that ppl who do it, will take it more than twice a month. From reading about what I read, it takes like 2 weeks for your brian to build back what the X drained. It's not dangerous at first, or even the second time, it's the addiction and doing it once or twice a weeks that kills you. Eventually it gets to the point that the heaven feeling you used to have from taking one pill doesn;t nothing but let you function normally. And when you're not on the pill, you brain doesn;'t have enough....i think it's serotonins or something....that you get depressed, lazy and so on. The wy I see it, everything you take has it's own effect to your body in a different way. Take drinking for example, if you drink too much, eventually you're liver will give out or something. Now drinking every once in a while is fine....there's nothing wrong with it, until you start abusing it. Now I'm going to compare drinking with ecstasy. I know your first reaction is "well of course X is worse". But the truth is, there's not differance. You putting something into your body to make you feel good. After 6-7 beers (well for me anyways) you're feeling pretty damn. I always stop at the stage, but some dont. they drink too much, get to drunk, do something stupid. Ecstasy...okay...you take one pill and I promise thats all you need. But some ppl (like that 15 year girl who OD) took two without knowing what the hell it could do to her. She prolly thought (key word) that that little bitty pill wouldn't have an effect on her. So she takes two and goes to the hospittle. Now I will say drinking beer is safer than poping a pill because you can stop drinking whenever. Once that pill is in your body, it's not comming out. But then again, you go to some party and see somebody who takes 15 shots of vodka (80%) in a row without thinking of what the hell it's gonna do. All that person knows before they take is "I know if I take this many, I will be super f*cked up". And they are for little bit, then they get alchole poisoning from it and die. I know drinking seems very safe compared to X, but the truth is, because I know from drinking and taking X, that you need to know what your putting into to you. 15 shots would prolly kill me, or damn close. 2 pills prolly wouldn't kill me, but I'm not gonna find out! You know what I'm saying though, if you do anything too much it's going to kill you...anything! I'm going to end this post because I know it's long as hell. But, to all those who are entering high-school and are wanting to take drugs, or have taken drugs, to be carefull. Know what your taking, know when to stop, because you only get one chance. Ok, well I've said enough.....I'm ready for a few flamings!

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

So basicly what you're saying is that you're not sXe, right? lol

But I get what you're saying. I mean, a lot of things are good for you, but if you abuse it, it's not.

I mean, a lot of drugs started off as medicine but than people started abusing and thus resulting in these drugs becoming illegal.

Some things are only as bad as you make it.

A good example would be the pills I'm taking. For each person, the amount would be different. For me, it's 5 all at once each day.

Some people, on the other hand, might have to take more than 5 or less. And if they take the wrong amount, of course, the results won't be good.

People just have to know their limits when it comes to drugs and even medicine. You got to know your limits.

Madias04x

Madias04x Guest

Yeah, I hear you. I didn't mean to go on and on about my life....I got carried away...sorry. And also I didn't want my long ass speach to make some people think it's okay to do drugs. If you have enough power to say no, then more power to you.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

:whistle:
    How long did that take to write, Madias?

:lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

"I I'm Straight Edge Then"

:p :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: lol, well, for all you know I could have a stutter..... :p

I didn't claim straight edge until I was 17. Some people do it for personal reasons, such as having an alcoholic/a drug addict in their family or friendship circle, but I just choose not to indulge in that kind of lifestyle. On top of that, my dad died in a drink-driving accident and alcohol pretty much f*cked him up so I suppose that has influenced my decision. Might I add, my dad was a douche bag with or without the alcohol; that's why I'm better off without him. I've never had a bad experience with alcohol though. I've never gotten drunk either. The only alcohol I ever had was half a can of beer which was not enough to intoxicate me. Giving up alcohol wasn't hard for me either because I've never liked the taste of it. Sometimes I do wonder what it'd be like to get drunk but my straight edgeness always keeps my feet firmly on the ground. For some, it's a hard decision, but becoming sXe is probably the best decision I've ever made in my life. At the end of the day, it's not about cramping your lifestyle, it's about taking responsibility for yourself and your body. ^_^

Most people in my class who drink and take drugs have that mentality, although they seem pretty okay and nothing serious has happened to them yet.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

I agree.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I agree. [/b][/quote]
    :eek:

It's Tim! :lol:

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

:eek:

It's Tim! :lol: [/b][/quote]