DOES lINKIN PARK NEED TO CHANGE?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by rohu420, Apr 13, 2004.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Meteora was for me no let down, they're music is great, but maybe they have to give some more various lyrics and not alway's about 'the inner problems'

[​IMG]

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Meteora took me a while to get used to.. but I think it was a good change in music definently.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I was the opposite of Anya, i really liked meteora at the beginning but its old now, its too..hmm...its not different enough for me, its like every song is the same with the exception of Session, Nobody's Listening, and Breaking The Habit. In my mind they do need to change, they need to go back to the HTEP days when they werent using the same formula over and over. I mean And One had more melodic singing in the beginning and then it added more rap parts as it went on. Step Up was mostly all rap, Carousel was more like the normal LP formula and High Voltage was Mainly Rap with a Somewhat sang chorus. I really enjoyed the EP, that was LP's best album in my opinion, if they go back there and start writing lyrics like that again it will restore my faith in them but im definately not that big of a fan of LP anymore.

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

No. No it wasn't. [/b][/quote]
    Yes it was. Forget about the crap guest rappers for a moment. Think about the complexity and insightfulness of the lyrics that Chester and Mike rewrote, songs like Forgotten Remix, in the end, Papercut, Pushing me away

Reanimation was not very good overall, but the concept of the album was amazing, Phoenix's bass work was very good, rob hit hard on the drums for once, Joe owned the album.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Even though most of the work was done by the other artists?

easier to run 6

Meteora had some changes, listen to songs like Nobody's listening, Breaking the Habit, faint (the strings and drums), from the inside, the bridge of Somewhere I Belong, Hit the floor.

And linkin Park has already gone through many changes, think of HTEP to HT, no similarities whatsoever. My december is a unique sound. Reanimation was a big change from HT and a huge jump into meteora

easier to run 6

Even though most of the work was done by the other artists? [/b][/quote]
    You are only thinking about the guest rappers, I think Brad, Joe, Phoenix, and Rob did their own parts, and mike and chester sang with their own voices. most of the other artists did the reinterpretation of the lyrics and song ideas, but did not really influence the instrumental performances

The Doctor

I think personally they should go back to they way the EP was. It was darker, more complex, basically (in my opinion) better than what they do now. The EP and the HT demos I think are their best work, because they werent watered down *coughDonGilmorecough*

Edit:
    First off, STOP double posting everywhere. Edit. Secondly, Im not talking about the guest rappers, im talking about the remixers, the ones that did the work on making the songs sound different. The only songs redone completely by Mike and Joe were P5hng Me A*wy, Wth>You and Krwlng. The rest was done by all the listed people. Yes, they might have recorded new lyrics, but that was about it.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

exactly what i think

the EXACT same thing

easier to run 6

I agree, their musical abilities were at best in the HTEP days, And One and Part of me are the two best LP songs. And it was dark, but I also want them to grow, not go back to the old days. Most of the lyrics on songs like Carousel, And One, and Part of me were very pessimistic. I want to see even more progression, more optimism, more variation in their lyrics, not just the complexity of the lyrics (as in HTEP days). Complexity is good, but the message is just as important.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

OK, you obviously are just talking out of your ass now. Rob didn't recreate any drums on Reanimation. All of the drums were done with drum machines. True that Mike and Brad did indeed play new guitar on the album and Phoenix did play new bass, however. But none of the drums were actually played by Rob, and Rob has even said that. He did, however, have to learn some of the drums to play them live. Also, all of the actual remixers did the background music. Kutmasta Kurt did the background music for "Enth E Nd," the Alchemist did the background music for "Frgt/10," the Humble Brothers did the background music for "1stp Klosr," and so on.

And don't double post. I'm tired of asking you to stop double posting.

easier to run 6

OK, you obviously are just talking out of your ass now. Rob didn't recreate any drums on Reanimation. All of the drums were done with drum machines. True that Mike and Brad did indeed play new guitar on the album and Phoenix did play new bass, however. But none of the drums were actually played by Rob, and Rob has even said that. He did, however, have to learn some of the drums to play them live. Also, all of the actual remixers did the background music. Kutmasta Kurt did the background music for "Enth E Nd," the Alchemist did the background music for "Frgt/10," the Humble Brothers did the background music for "1stp Klosr," and so on.

And don't double post. I'm tired of asking you to stop double posting. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry, I apologize

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I remember when Meteora first came out, I was like "uh, it's gonna f*cking suck, I can already tell."

I was a little surprised. Keyword in that sentence being "little".

I love the lyrical content that LP delivers, don't get me wrong, but jeez guys, my mom almost took away the cd because it was "too depressing".

My counselor thought "Breaking the Habit" was a suicide note (do NOT ask...)

My thoughts: RERELEASE STEP UP! I think alot of fans would respond to "Step Up", and actually... I like the live version LP did, with Chester and the audience screaming... you know, the true LP we love.

But then again, I'm only at Ntr/Mssion on this post, I have a lot more to learn about LP :whistle:

And yea...

Don Gilmore... pssht... like Nate said, watered down...

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

no... linkin park doesn't need to change, but the producer does. i think lp should produce their own material. in my opinion having a person outside of the band to produce is stupid. it is like going up to an artist, telling them u don't like what they're in the progress of painting, and giving them a whole different set of paint. step up, carousel, high voltage, my december, technique, ambient, part of me, and one, and dedicated were produced by linkin park and they are probably the best songs that have come out of them. just something to think about :phoenix:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I cant see how your message board status should represent your knowledge of linkin park :wth:

anyway, i think linkin park should definately change their sound for their next album. Although Meteora IMO was great, it did sound a little familiar, i feel they should produce more tracks on the harder side of the nu-metal scale, as much as i like the melodic hybrid of screams and rap i feel they have relied on that formula a little to often.

ra12

ra12 Guest

helo,what's up ?
    i'm new here
    LP-is the best rock band ever!
    bye

ra12

ra12 Guest

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
    the Linkin Park band is to good to change.
    that's my opinion!
    yours?

The Doctor

Dont double post, dont make pointless posts, and say at least SOMETHING to support your opinion.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I cant see how your message board status should represent your knowledge of linkin park :wth:

anyway, i think linkin park should definately change their sound for their next album. Although Meteora IMO was great, it did sound a little familiar, i feel they should produce more tracks on the harder side of the nu-metal scale, as much as i like the melodic hybrid of screams and rap i feel they have relied on that formula a little to often. [/b][/quote]
    ^_^ my theory on this is, the more I post, means the more I learn about LP in the process

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I agree, their musical abilities were at best in the HTEP days, And One and Part of me are the two best LP songs. And it was dark, but I also want them to grow, not go back to the old days. Most of the lyrics on songs like Carousel, And One, and Part of me were very pessimistic. I want to see even more progression, more optimism, more variation in their lyrics, not just the complexity of the lyrics (as in HTEP days). Complexity is good, but the message is just as important. [/b][/quote]
    (Good job!) to some of you who feel the same way!

The Hybrid Theory EP was definately their most original and creative work to date. And what is all this sh*t about a 'good' formula? NO formula is good in music. If you look at really good songwriters, each song has its own style and character and the structure varies in each song. Some has solos, some don't. The songs vary in length and tempo, dynamics are different in each song. LP's songwriting abilities were much better on the EP than on Meteora. And yes I believe that Don Gilmore is at fault. I think a producer who pushes LP to be their CREATIVE best will be best producer for the band...