Lostprophets

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mr. Benzedrine, Apr 11, 2004.

Calenia

Calenia Well-Known Member

really? Wow! why does never come some great bands to my city. haha. I don't really like every song of them... but some songs are pretty good

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

He blatantly said they/the cd sucked, and didn't give a valid reason why he thinks so..hence bashing. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, so now I´m gonna give you some reasons why i don´t like the lostprophets and their cd:

They steal so many things from other bands. The writing style on the back of the cd case: Linkin Park LIT, Band logo: just like Limp Bizkit (lostprophets=limpbizkit), they steal lyric parts (for example from Adema), the phone call- like on Reanimation...there are more things I can´t remeber right now...They should change their name from lostprophets into LinkinBizkitAdemaHoobastank....

Beautiful Disgrace

Beautiful Disgrace Well-Known Member

Ok, so now I´m gonna give you some reasons why i don´t like the lostprophets and their cd:

They steal so many things from other bands. The writing style on the back of the cd case: Linkin Park LIT, Band logo: just like Limp Bizkit (lostprophets=limpbizkit), they steal lyric parts (for example from Adema), the phone call- like on Reanimation...there are more things I can´t remeber right now...They should change their name from lostprophets into LinkinBizkitAdemaHoobastank.... [/b][/quote]
    Lmao, LinkinBizkitAdemaHoobastank!

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I used to like Lostprophets when Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja came out but since they have come out with their new stuff i don't like them anymore. Last train home, to me, has no tune to it and i struggle to sing along to it because it sounds off beat to me. The only latest song of theirs that i like is Burn Burn but it in no way compares to Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja. They don't suck but i personaly don't like them

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

They steal so many things from other bands. The writing style on the back of the cd case: Linkin Park LIT, Band logo: just like Limp Bizkit (lostprophets=limpbizkit), they steal lyric parts (for example from Adema), the phone call- like on Reanimation...there are more things I can´t remeber right now...They should change their name from lostprophets into LinkinBizkitAdemaHoobastank.... [/b][/quote]
    i dont want to start a fight but thats what all bands do, influence each other.

i'm sure some other band used all sorts of stuff linkin park uses first and i dont call them MetallicaPapaRoachCypressHill

hope you dont take this the wrong way its just all bands steal a little some more, some less :)

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with you. But some bands don´t steal, they get inspired by them. yes in the case of lostp., they don´t steal less, they steal more... ;)

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually Lostprophets are one of the more original bands out there, if you ask me. And if you ask me further, I think Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja is the song that has no tune, since I can never quite remember how it goes, even right after hearing it. But since no one asked me, I'll go back to my corner now.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Ditto. Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja is a hymn, compared to the LTH songs.
    I don't have a problem with them "borrowing" other bands' qualities, but really, ask Odaton if Last Train Home (the song) reminds him of any Iron maiden tunes or Dream Theater's double bass ( :whistle: )...

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm actually the opposite of most people's opinions. I'm downloading all of the songs from the FSOP and don't really like them. I bought SS and loved it!

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Hey guys I didnt want to make another thread soo I'm going to post in this old one. Lost Prophets made a cover of "Cry Me A River" and IT SOUNDS AWSOME OMG (w00t) my friend jus sent it to me and its just soo much better than the Justin Timberlake version. You guys should find away to get this song.

enfestid

enfestid Guest

To be honest, their first album sucked. I got their second as soon as it came out, though, because I had already heard it and knew it rocked.

I got FSOP and didn't like it at first. Then I gave it a few more listens and now I'm really loving "The Fake Sound Of Progress" and "Kobrakai". Those are some of the best tracks IMO. I can never remember what "Shinobi vs Ninja Dragon" sounds like so no comment on that one. :D

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

But compare ode to summer or The handsome life of swing to such generic songs such as Last summer and last train home. Their new songs are just about love and stuff, nothing unique from most emo and pop-punk bands today

Glenn

But compare ode to summer or The handsome life of swing to such generic songs such as Last summer and last train home. Their new songs are just about love and stuff, nothing unique from most emo and pop-punk bands today [/b][/quote]
    Hmm...I guess Start Something just appealed to me more. I'm listening to FSOP (Album). Turntables are awesome but the songs aren't as good. Maybe I just need to listen to it more... :p

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Hmm...I guess Start Something just appealed to me more. I'm listening to FSOP (Album). Turntables are awesome but the songs aren't as good. Maybe I just need to listen to it more... :p [/b][/quote]
    It's okay because we all have varying opinions. I just liked how the song structures were more unique and the vocals were more dynamic (Ode to summer)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Lostprophets are one of those bands that i dont mind, but dont offer me anything special, i can listen to them and i dont hate any of their material, i just find it so hard to get into them.

Glenn

It's okay because we all have varying opinions. I just liked how the song structures were more unique and the vocals were more dynamic (Ode to summer) [/b][/quote]
    Yep we have our opinions... :) I just find it hard to get into that album.

But compare ode to summer or The handsome life of swing to such generic songs such as Last summer and last train home. Their new songs are just about love and stuff, nothing unique from most emo and pop-punk bands today [/b][/quote]
    "Last Summer" is a song about nostalgia and the past. It's not all to do with love. In fact, a lot of the songs on SS have nothing to do with love. But like all bands, they can't help writing some love songs because let's face it, it's a universal theme.

May

May Ambient

hmm... i'm sure i posted here before but i can't seem to find my post... so.. they're a great band! i use to hate them but after really giving them a chance i don't understand what i didn't like about them

enfestid

enfestid Guest

"Last Summer" is a song about nostalgia and the past. It's not all to do with love. In fact, a lot of the songs on SS have nothing to do with love. But like all bands, they can't help writing some love songs because let's face it, it's a universal theme. [/b][/quote]
    And because most people experience love, so I'm assuming they did, too ;) lol :)