Concerts you went to

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Glenn, May 7, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Post here to tell about great concert experiences. Any band, not only LP (obviously, b/c this is in Other Music) :p Also how many concerts have you been to?

Only 2. Linkin Park, Hoobastank, SOTY, and POD in Worcester on 1/17
    Great time but seats sucked

Also a Billy Joel and Elton John concert which was cool

There was also a Backstreet Boys one in there ages ago, but that doesn't count. :p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I saw Evanescence with The Juliana Theory, 12 Stones and Reach454 last May (2003). It was amazing. I actually ran into the drummer of Evanescence (Rocky) and didn't realize it for another minute.

I saw Finger Eleven with No Motiv, Edgewater and Idle Sons in March (2004) and it was great. I met members of three of the bands. I was right up by the stage. It was so awesome.

I'll be seeing Evanescence again this summer with Seether, Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. Then I'll be seeing Projekt Revolution, and after that I'll be seeing Warped Tour.

(w00t)

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I've been to Three Days Grace with Lo-Pro and that show was amazing both bands really kickass

Ive been to three LP concerts, The Projekt Revolution with Adema and Cypress hill, Summer Sanitarium, and MWT and i'll be going to PR this year

Ive been to Hoobastank and Lostprophets

SotY, My Chemical Romance, and Adair

thats it

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

ive been to some 4th of july outdoor concert and yellowcard was there. it was back when no one really knew who they were. i actually didnt know who they were until months later when i actually watched their whole music video and noticed the violin guy. it was funny because he was headbanging with and playing a violin at the same time. he made funny faces too.

went to the evanescence concert with default and atomship (i think).
    i only saw the half of atomships performance. the guy says "aliens" weird.
    me and my friend made up nicknames for the guys in default since we didnt know their names. the bassist is braid guy (he had the really long braided pigtails), the guitarist was moby becuase he just looked like him, the singer was beanie because he was wearing a beanie, and the drummer was spaz beacause.. i dunno.
    evanescence was good. we were on the balcony at the house of blues and my two friends i was with were the only ones in the balcony who were headbanging. there was also this drunk guy behind us.

Lp concert this year, it was normal. nothing really interesting happened. just like a regular concert.

the rest of the concerts i went to werent that memorable.

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

oh my, there are too many. :teehee:

20-some concerts. 100+ bands.

warped tour has always been the highlight. sooo much greatness every year. mudvayne is amazing live... manson puts on quite a show too. disturbed, korn, all good. other good times at concerts include interviewing hoooooba in their dressing room, dry cell and memento on their buses, endo at ozzfest... filter and their love for pancakes, sevendust and their great knowledge of hair care, almost being run over by david draiman, nearly tripping bert mccracken, paul from good charlotte's pervyness and thinking we're groupies, eating with afi and the used... kkkk i'll stop.

mr. will will find out of such adventures this summer on warped tourizzzzle. i shall make sure. :rawk:

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I saw Jason Mraz this past fall. He was awesome, but the seats were shitty.

A little after that I went to see Element Eighty and Ill Nino at the Warfield in S.F. Both of them rocked!!! Ill Nino puts on a really great show. Sevendust was headlinding, but I didn't stay that long for them cause I had to catch the bus in time to get back.

This spring, I went to the Meteora World Tour in Sacramento... it was awesome, but because of meet and greet, I missed SOTY and most of Hoobastank. :(

Just a little while ago, NOFX and Alkaline Trio came to the Greek Theatre, and I live right next to it (not to mention the tickets were free) so I went to check it out. It was pretty good, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

This month on the 17th, I'm gonna go see Trapt, Smile Empty Soul, Finger Eleven, Strata, and Aphasia at the Warfield. And this September, I'm going to Projekt Revolution... I can't wait!!! (w00t)

May

May Ambient

i'm a concert virgin :(

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Linkin Park - hard rock Cafe (Las Vegas)
    Thrice, Thursday, Coheed and Cambria - Paladium (Hollywood)
    Project 86 - The Chain Reaction (Anaheim, California)

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

If Evanescence comes back here, you're going with me! :lol:

limpbizkit, Papa Roach - October 2000
    Edgefest 2 (blink-182, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Sum 41) - August 2001
    Family Values Tour 2001 (Stone Temple Pilots, StainD, Linkin Park, Static-X, Deadsy) - October 2001
    Sum 41 with Simple Plan - December 2001
    Pop Disaster Tour (blink-182, Green Day, Saves the Day, Simple Plan) - June 2002
    Weezer with Dashboard Confessional - July 2002
    Evanescence with Finger Eleven and Seether - December 2003
    Meteora World Tour - January 2004
    blink-182 with The Used and Taking Back Sunday - May 2004 (22 days left!)

Jila

aww, thats so sad. i would take you to a concert if you lived by me.

May

May Ambient

thanks Felix and Pyro! haha

i had so many chances too! KoRn, LimpBizkit, Evanescence, Finger Eleven, LP, APC... grr... just i never have money or tickets are sold out :angry:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I've only been to two concerts in my entire life :(.

I've seen Evanescence and Dashboard Confessional live. Both awesome shows.

I hope to see Linkin Park one day :unsure:...

Jila

if you ever come to las vegas ill smuggle you in..

..or just pay for your ticket

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Evanescence, Finger Eleven, and Full Scale - January 10 2004.

Tapered Edges, 28 Days, Magic Dirt, Jebediah, Betchadupa, and MGF - 3rd April 2004

Blink 182, Brand New, Gyroscope - 3rd September 2004.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Me...

Evanescence, Finger Eleven and Full Scale.. 15th January 2004

I ran into the lead singer of Full Scale in Essendon a few months ago...but didn't realise it before he turned the corner and disapeared.
    Yes Amy, you can punch me... :wth:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ive seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ Foo Fighters a few years ago. And last year I saw Pointfest which had (hed) p.e. , Ra, Staind, Cold, Seether, Finch, The Used, Breaking Benjamin and a few more, that was an awesome show.

I was also planning on going to PR2K4 this year, but it's on a wednesday in my second week of college, and the venue is about an hour and a half drive from the campus (more like an hour with the way I drive on the highways though) and I couldn't afford to be up that late when I have class the next day.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've only been to Eminem! :lol:

The Eminem Show (June 2003):- Eminem, D12, 50cent, Cypress Hill, Xzibit and Obie Trice

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I saw LP at Nottingham Rock City 03,03,03. It was amazing, i waited seven hours outside and got to the front center, it was amazing, i'ts very rare LP play at small venues such as RC, and it made it so intimate and amazing. I also had my head between chesters legs whilst he was trying to get to the audience, the only thing was though, the guard tried to pull him back and exposed his arse, so i'm one of the few people who can say they have been under chaz's exposed ass. :D

I also saw LP at Birmingham, great set list.

Ive saw Iron Maiden, Funeral For A Friend at Nottingham Ice arena.

Metallica, Godsmack in London.

Adema at Nottingham RC basement, another intimate set, i was at front cenetr for that also.

Staind, Puddle Of Mudd at Notts Ice arena.

Blink 182 at Notts ice arena.

All gigs were great, havnt had a bad one yet.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm also a concert-virgin :( :'(

Nowhere Kid

Nowhere Kid Well-Known Member

Myself also. :(

But the good thing is, I won't be for long because dad is taking me to see Nazereth [Yes, I know they are an old band. So what? They rock!] sometime next month...and sometime during the summer I plan to see Finger Eleven. Or Three Days Grace. Or Billy Talent. Or any other band that comes our way.