Unstable

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Toast, May 8, 2004.

Toast

Toast Ambient

i just picked up Adema's new CD/DVD "Unstable" and its awesome :rawk: , the DVD includes all the music videos and behind the scenes, anyone wanna comment or something?

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Click.

It's old, but oh well.

Toast

Toast Ambient

figures :wth:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Topics that are really old like that are allowed to have duplicates. :lol:

What's funny is that I was praising Adema for this CD, and now I don't like it that much. There are only a few good songs on it and the rest are just... bad.

enfestid

enfestid Guest

I thought the CD was amazing when it first came out, but it had problems. Now those problems are more apparent, but I still love the CD. The problem is the balance between heavy and soft songs. There are probably too many soft songs, especially for a band like Adema. "So Fortunate" isn't a good song, in my opinion -- never liked that song.

Oh well, at least we got a 3rd album coming :) It's going to be an independent album since Adema was dropped from Arista (after Arista pretty much shut down and moved its artists to other BMG labels) and is supposed to be more raw :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

One of my favorite songs, "Betrayed Me", is on "Unstable". I can totally relate to the lyrics.

"Unstable" is pretty good, but not great. You've got stand-out songs like "Unstable", "Rip The Heart Out Of Me", "Co-Dependent", "Let Go" and the aforementioned "Betrayed Me", and then you've got songs that totally suck the energy out of the album, like "So Fortunate". I also don't think "Needles" is a good end to the album.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah i really don't like this cd at all, the only two songs i like is Co-Dependant and Betrayed Me, Stand Up is catchy but there are some really cheesy lines in it like the opening where he carrys out "Abusive no more" and when he says" this relationship is wack. Jut terrible lyrics.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yea, i agree with what you are all mostly saying, but it was still a great album, and i still listen to some of the tracks now. I'm looking forward to their independant release at the end of summer (supposedly).

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I'm the same way Will is, I really liked it at first but after a while, I had to take it off my playlist because it was so annoying. There are a few good songs on it, but I still took them off my playlist.

enfestid

enfestid Guest

"Betrayed Me" is one of my favorites, too :) I think that, overall, the album is good, but a couple of tracks ("So Fortunate" and maybe "Let Go") really drag it down. I liked "Needles" as the end to the album -- it's just like a live show, where bands normally play their loudest/heaviest song last.

I think that "Someone Else's Lies" (on the "Unstable" single) should have been on the CD instead of "So Fortunate", personally.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

"Betrayed Me" is one of my favorites, too :) I think that, overall, the album is good, but a couple of tracks ("So Fortunate" and maybe "Let Go") really drag it down. I liked "Needles" as the end to the album -- it's just like a live show, where bands normally play their loudest/heaviest song last.

I think that "Someone Else's Lies" (on the "Unstable" single) should have been on the CD instead of "So Fortunate", personally. [/b][/quote]
    "Someone Else's Lies" would've been one of the top 3 songs on "Unstable".

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

"Someone Else's Lies" would've been one of the top 3 songs on "Unstable". [/b][/quote]
    :mellow:

That's not on Unstable.

enfestid

enfestid Guest

That's why he said "would've been" :) If you were referring to me, though: it was on the "Unstable" single.

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Terrible band, terrible lyrics, terrible live show

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Uhh or not. I happen to think Adema is awesome.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

yeah im thinking your banned now

anyway, Adema rock, I love both their CDs (i dont consider Insomniac's Dream) Their First CD is better though

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I would just like to know if it is true that the whole band are brothers from the guys in Korn?

The Doctor

The singer, Marky, is Jonathan's half-brother.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I knew the guys at work were lying to me :angry: they told me that each member from the band was a brother from the guys at Korn.

The Doctor

Kill them all and slaughter their families.