Life Theory

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anya, May 3, 2004.

ella1432

ella1432 Well-Known Member

I'm an atheist. Because, if there is a god out there, would he/she really allow such a doubt to develop about his/her existence?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

And here goes Neil's whole 'fate' theory.

Fate - your life, predetermined. It makes sense in many aspects. Firstly, you know those right-place-right-time incidents, they seem impossible, a complete coincidence. What if it was fate. For instance, if I were to say "I want to control my own fate", and run in front of a truck, wouldn't it just have my fate to jump in front of the truck in the first place?
    I believe that Fate makes up for everthing in life where science isn't. We cannot think fate or anything of the sort was involved in the creation of the world, but we can believe that fate plays a very big role in life as we now know it.

I read someone's earlier post that 'God' got you through hard times and such. How do you know that if you weren't religious, that nothing would have happened to you anyway? You could have stayed safe and healthy through those hard times if you were Atheist. Correct? - I mean it was totally possible.

If you say 'God' saved you from something, how do you know for sure. What if it was just fated to happen? Some people have better fates than other people - that's just the way things are. If everyone had their way, the world would not function as it was meant to, and life would come to a sudden halt for all eternity.

Seeings as nobody knows for sure what life is, or how it came to be. (I stick by my belief that we still don't know what we are or who we are). Why are we becoming so compliacated about things? The world as we know it is about music, and food, and fun. A practical world. We know about vehicles and the internet, and the fact that the majority of people need a job, so that they can pay other people to continue their jobs. Maybe things just are, and that's the end of it.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

*is impressed* :whistle:
    how long did it take you to type that?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

About 15-20 mins in Entrepreneurship Studies class...

It just kinda came out of me as I was typing. ^_^

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

go away and study ^_^

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

go away and study ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    Using Mr. Nephin's classes wisely are we?

:p

I'll skip my "stay on track in school" rant with you and just tell you...

You might wanna find a hobby, hun... :wth:

:lol: Just razzling.

Very mind-boggling theory... see! You're not a dumb blonde! :D *coughLUCYcough* :shifty:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

To separate humans between those who shall be saved and those who won't?

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

To separate humans between those who shall be saved and those who won't? [/b][/quote]
    if god really did exist, i wouldnt worship god because someone who decides to put people in eternal damnation isnt someone id want to be a slave to.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I think i'm the only one here that exagerates waay to much when it comes to telling what I think life is really about. :lol: I like to exagerate alot, it's fun. But anyway, I was watching Passion of the Christ the other day and it got me thinking. I learned alot from it to tell you the truth. What I never knew was that actually, in the future, from what I heard from my uncle telling me, it says in the bible that in the future there will be an 'anti-christ'. I'm not sure if I should believe in it or not but, what if that really happens?

I'm not even Christian or anything though, i'm Jewish. I was just simply thinking about it that's all. What if a simple human form, comes and acts like Jesus, but when we start believing him his true self comes out.. and that he's really not as good as he seems. There for he causes destruction and what-not on our world. Not sure if it's true really but supposedly this is supposed to happen in the future and the only way for us to avoid this from happening is to not believe anything the 'anti-christ' says or does. That way we can so called 'live in peace'. It sounds kind of like a hoax to me, but I like to keep a wide view of opinions on life and what may happen someday in life..

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, only then we will live in peace...
    but, who is the anti - christ?

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Yes, only then we will live in peace...
    but, who is the anti - christ? [/b][/quote]
    Good point, but technically, from what I hear it's supposed to be Satan I think. I doubt I believe that any of this will happen really though. It sounds way too unreal. But if it is- or in this matter, ever will be- I'd probably just follow along with whatever it says. Ignore it, I don't know.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

i like life..and hope i'll like where it gonna end...oh yeh...don't mind me...but i love god better than myself...wish to please Him all the time...

lp just turns my life...makes it more exciting...so there you have it....my life theory is as simple as that..

i was lying....i've got a lot on life...and if i typed it all...my fingers would go numb....but the only thing i can say is...God's got me!

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

Nobody's an atheist. Everyone holds on to a certain belief or principle. If you don't have anything like that.. your life is bound for defeat.

I think you are quite confused. I want to somehow enlighten you. That's if.. I could clear up some confusion.

What struck me is your third paragraph. This is what real believers of God do: They pray but at the same time they struggle by doing ways to get out of the pain by taking medicines, etc. Those are what the enlightened believers do. On the other hand, those who have misconceptions, do what you have said. They pray.. and JUST pray without exerting any effort to better their life. Sometimes, they do not notice that God's help already comes but they refuse to accept it.. because what they want to occur is God appearing right in front of them and healing them.. God doesn't do. He uses people as his instruments.

Well.. about your fourth paragraph.. about the birth thing.. We believe that they are really God's gift. Life is a gift from God. But at the same time I also believe in the theories presented by science particularly in the branch of Biology.. Science explains things.. Believing in God is all about faith. It's hard to ask questions of how and why.. In science, you can do that. There's always a scientific explanation. (But sci. to has its limits..) It's not right to ask 'where God existed.. or how.. It's just faith. Time would also come when we will find these out.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Nobody's an atheist. Everyone holds on to a certain belief or principle. If you don't have anything like that.. your life is bound for defeat.

I think you are quite confused. I want to somehow enlighten you. That's if.. I could clear up some confusion.

What struck me is your third paragraph. This is what real believers of God do: They pray but at the same time they struggle by doing ways to get out of the pain by taking medicines, etc. Those are what the enlightened believers do. On the other hand, those who have misconceptions, do what you have said. They pray.. and JUST pray without exerting any effort to better their life. Sometimes, they do not notice that God's help already comes but they refuse to accept it.. because what they want to occur is God appearing right in front of them and healing them.. God doesn't do. He uses people as his instruments.

Well.. about your fourth paragraph.. about the birth thing.. We believe that they are really God's gift. Life is a gift from God. But at the same time I also believe in the theories presented by science particularly in the branch of Biology.. Science explains things.. Believing in God is all about faith. It's hard to ask questions of how and why.. In science, you can do that. There's always a scientific explanation. (But sci. to has its limits..) It's not right to ask 'where God existed.. or how.. It's just faith. Time would also come when we will find these out. [/b][/quote]
    I don't belief in a god either and I understand completely what Mark say's. I agree what he said about the 'God-trust', I don't belief in it either and thinks it's a waste of time. However this can be for people who don't belief in a god, but for people who do, it's a whole other story. For them it makes a lot of sense to pray and belief, it can help them in situations like sickness or death.

Let us keep ourselves and others in their values by trying to understand each others beliefs and thoughts.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Leonie, im impressed. you sound so intellectual. :whistle:

Leones

:huh:

:D

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I believe that there really is no 'meaning of life' what is there to know about life?

You live, pass on information to other people, then die.

That's it. Nothing more.

Also, to deal with this so-called 'God’, the Bible was written by people. The scriptures were written by people, how did they know that some guy was going to come along and save them from sins or whatever? They wanted people not to be scared of the future so they invented something that would give them hope. Also, no one was alive when 'God' supposedly created the world, so how do we have writing about it? Another point is that as the Bible has been translated into so many different languages the meanings and the things that happen in it will have changed. I really want to know something as well. How many of you people have prayed to God for a person to like you or something and then it actually becoming true?

As a final comment, if ‘God’ loved us as much as people say, why is there suffering, hate and death? Also, if he forgives us for all our sins why aren't we living it up, without any suffering, hate or death, in the Garden of Eden?

I've just thought up another question... How could 'Jesus' die for my sins if I hadn't committed them yet? It's impossible really.

If you've got this far... Congratulations!

Leones

ok, i don't belief in god too, but many people who don't belief in god ask al those questions, wich the people who do belief in god and the bible, even cannot anwser. It's a faith, so people belief it and belief is something that comes for a huge part from the inside. It's not to prove, it's to belief.

However they do have an anwser on your question about the writings how god created the universe and about the other writings in the bible like how Jezus gave his life for the people and their sins.

First they don't belief the writings were made up by people but the people who wrote it down got inspired by the holy spirit (the third part of the Trinity). This way they could write the bible.

About Jezus, (Jezus is the second part of the Trinity) people belief that god (the whole Trinity) knows everything what already happend, what's happening and what will happen. So, god knows what your going to do in your life, the good things and the bad things. Jezus died for everyone's sins and he knew how much that was. Like people say who do belief.

I hope it is a bit clear for you now. :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well.. about your fourth paragraph.. about the birth thing.. We believe that they are really God's gift. Life is a gift from God. But at the same time I also believe in the theories presented by science particularly in the branch of Biology.. Science explains things.. Believing in God is all about faith. It's hard to ask questions of how and why.. In science, you can do that. There's always a scientific explanation. (But sci. to has its limits..) It's not right to ask 'where God existed.. or how.. It's just faith. Time would also come when we will find these out. [/b][/quote]
    I can prove everything you said wrong:

God doesn't exist. Never did. The bible was written by people who needed explanations for things, just as the Greeks created the Greek gods to explain things around them.

Simple as that.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I can prove everything you said wrong:

God doesn't exist. Never did. The bible was written by people who needed explanations for things, just as the Greeks created the Greek gods to explain things around them.

Simple as that. [/b][/quote]
    Okay.. We all have opinions and beliefs of our own. Let's respect each other.

I am glad to visit again the boards after a really long time. I miss the intellectual people here posting real discussions.

Does anyone remember "Jawknee" here?