Religion

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, May 22, 2004.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

assalam alaikum...me too :D

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Most religous people I meet think they are too good to talk to those who don't believe in a god. They like to give me problems, like Keaton said. And if you say there isn't a god, they almost scream at you 'yeah there is'. And I don't get the whole thing where they can talk about a god...and get away with it...but we can't talk about there being no such thing..and not get away with it. It pisses me off.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

And according to you it's much more simpler that one man (or "God") popped up one day and decided to create this complex world? That he had nothing better to do than make complicated cells and millions of species, and yet not even bother to take claim credit for it, leaving doubts in so many people's mind that he even exists?

Do not under estimate the sheer power of the Earth.

As for me, I'm growing less Christian everyday. [/b][/quote]
    Not sprung up. Nothing about God or His creations go 'poof.' God is beyond time, God is eternal. He was the first and will be the last. Something that was always there, if any human can even remotely grasp that thought, I know I can't, but I have faith. If God had written the Bible, there would be no questions, but He didn't, he left man to. Why? I don't know, all probably in His grand scheme of things.

But do not under estimate the sheer power of God.

Edit: addition: To Keaton. That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear about that, that's not how Christians are supposed to be. Or at least my perception of being a Christian.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Everyone is condemned to go to Hell.

How did I come to that conclusion?

Well, think about it. Most religions have this sort of "rule" where, if you don't believe in that religion, you're going to go to Hell (or some place of eternation damnation).

Since there are so many religions, we can only conclude that EVERYONE is going to Hell because not everyone believes in the same religion.

That's why I hate religion.

There are too many of them and none of them make sense.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Anyone can have a religion if you have a person that will follow it. The thing that makes a religion a strong thought and belief that you put your faith in is the fact that you put your faith in it. I choose to put my faith in God and that He is a higher power. If it makes sense to you, follow it. The reason there are so many religions is that so many people have different beliefs, which is also the beauty of it. Everyone has their God, just a different way of reaching it.

Hope I made sense :)

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Okay so one common thing religions have in common is the fact that their god is Beautiful, is amazing, is the most caring and loving being, blablabla...

*scratch head in confusion*

But how the Hell do you know it? As for myself, I never heard of somebody who met God in person and concluded he was perfect! (And, Raël and his supposed meetings with him don't count!)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

The Catholic religion forgives, in principle, everyone.

*w00t, I actually listen during mass :lol: *

I'm a Christian Catholic FYI.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

yeah i think i am supposed to be catholic but i am atheist, even though i have tons of friends that are tons of other religions...it's kind of interesting. :rolleyes:

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

i am a sikh.

no i am not sick Will. :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I see your point Will, and I also, disagree with what religion has become. Followers of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all believe in the same God, I don't see the need for literally hundreds of denominations of the same basic belief. True, there are many particular things we could get into that perhaps shows why it's best they should be demoninated (at least into the three I mentioned above), but for the most part you get my idea.

Edit for Maelle: If you read my posts on the first page, you'll see I said no one knows anything. Religion and atheism are thoughts, not facts. What you personally believe in makes it a fact to you.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I know, but where does the idea of a perfect God comes from? I don't understand how come someone somewhere came to the conclusion that 'God' was Perfect.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, let's go under the assumption that there is a God. Relative to all we know, he'd be perfect. Creating all that is and all that lives in it. Nature is perfect in many ways, it's the human's that mess it up. But then again, He gave us the free will to.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

be buddhist. It's mostly about being calm and stuff.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

^^ I actually have a very high interest in Buddism, the practices, not so much the religious aspect.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm a Catholic.
    If you disrespect god he will send his top secret really annoying ninja :chemist: .

Magick

Magick Ambient

I'm agnostic.. I don't care for religion.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Same. I was once a Christian but I found myself to be involved in an organization that was bias and corrupt.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

One of the biggest flaws I see in Christianity is that you have to be Christian to go to heaven. Well what about the people that are never exposed to Christianity in their life, and never had the chance to discover it? They deserve to go to hell even if they live a perfect life?

Heres a new topic for yall, do you think the music you're into influences your opinions on religion at all?

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Not at all.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Very little. I'm not into satanic metal, then again I'm not into Christian rock either, I'm into punk, but it's effected my political views much more than my religous ones.