Movie Mess-Ups

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Matt, Jun 7, 2004.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Basically, when you see a mistake in a movie, tell us here.

I'll start off with a few.

In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, at the end of the Boggart scene, Harry's scar is on the wrong side of his head.

In Freaky Friday, the mother takes Anna's door away, but when the two switch places and the mother finds herself in Anna's room, she walks out. When she walks out, the door is right there.

In School of Rock, when they are saying the "Rock Pledge" the blonde girl who is a groupie has her left hand over her heart instead of her right.

All these show you that I have too much time on my hands.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

The Movie Mistakes webpage

i love that site. it gives me something to do on my lonely nights... i know the Titanic mistakes by heart :lol: but you know how it says that in one of the scence you can see the camera's reflection in the mirror? i could never spot this one.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

imdb.com is the best site for movies, and includes movies mistakes

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

I tend to soil my pants during aviation-related moments... For example... Obviously the Soul Plane plane is a 747, but it seems to be a new version...deformed...that's not the bad part. The bad part is that the cockpit instruments are clearly from a 777...there's only two engine displays as opposed to FOUR engines on a 747. Sometimes movies do weird things like that...things like, say, showing a 747-200 outside (a "classic" varient, older model) and the "glass" cockpit of a 747-400 inside (ONLY the -400 has those little glass screens instead of a ton of dials)... Jeez Hollywood, do your homework!

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

[majorly offtopic]
    smash, how does your signature work? it scares me :mellow: :lol:

[/majorly offtopic]

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

[majorly offtopic]
    smash, how does your signature work? it scares me :mellow: :lol:

[/majorly offtopic] [/b][/quote]
    Muahahaha
    :: evil stare ::

Really, it's just a little script. You wouldn't believe how visible that information is to anybody on the Internet. Don't worry, it may SEEM like I hacked you, but it really just displays the information to freak people out. It doesn't actually send me your details...but you wouldn't believe the volume of email I get asking somewhere around the lines of "how the HELL did you do that?" Sometimes I go into the "rate the signature above you" thread to see if I can entice a reaction outta someone...works every time! If you wanna use the signature for anything, just lemme know...it's more or less a "public" thing now...

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Muahahaha
    :: evil stare ::

Really, it's just a little script. You wouldn't believe how visible that information is to anybody on the Internet. Don't worry, it may SEEM like I hacked you, but it really just displays the information to freak people out. It doesn't actually send me your details...but you wouldn't believe the volume of email I get asking somewhere around the lines of "how the HELL did you do that?" Sometimes I go into the "rate the signature above you" thread to see if I can entice a reaction outta someone...works every time! If you wanna use the signature for anything, just lemme know...it's more or less a "public" thing now... [/b][/quote]
    this is so awesome. :lol:
    *is amused*
    [/offtopic]

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

THE MUMMY AND THE MUMMY RETURNS BLOOPERS AND ODDITIES

At times in both movies, sets of five canopic jars appear. Yet in real life (as in ancient times) there are only four in a set!

In the opening sequence of the first movie, the camera pans over an ancient Egyptian city that is identified as "Thebes, City of the Living." The Great Sphinx and Pyramids are visible in the background. Yet Thebes is hundreds of miles south of Giza, where those monuments are located! Later, as they board the boat in Cairo, the pyramids are in the right place, in the background. Also, in the second movie there is a scene of the bad guys' train going through Cairo, and the pyramids are in the right location.

Near the end of the second movie, Rick rushes to get Alex into the pyramid before sunrise. He succeeds, the final battle between good and evil takes place and they escape in Izzy's balloon, and fly into the...sunset? The battle only took an hour or two, tops!

Whose face appears in the plume of black dust/smoke that rises from the pyramid, after the Scorpion King is killed? The only character known to make his face appear like that is Imhotep, but at that point he's lost his powers. The Scorpion King, then? That's what the novelization says, but why him? I don't know, it just seems weird to me. o_0

What happened to the Book of Amon-Ra in the second movie? The novelization explains that Meela, knowing it was the only thing that could harm Imhotep, threw it into the pit full of scarabs at Hamunaptra. That makes perfect sense to me, but if you haven't read the novelization and have only the movie to go on, that's a glaring plot hole.
    In the flashback fight sequence in TMR, Seti pronounces Anck-su-Namun's name incorrectly. He calls her "Anuck-soon-yamun" instead of "Anck-soo-namoon." In my fics I poke fun at this, cutting on him for not saying it right. Was that an intentional thing in the movie or did it just slip past the producers?

I'm pretty sure they just made up that stuff about cats being the guardians of the underworld in the first movie. Bast, a.k.a. Bastet, the cat-headed goddess, had nothing to do with death or the afterlife at all. Her department was domestic life.

In TMR, just before the bad guys try to dump Evy in the fire, Meela snaps her fingers...with gloves on! o_0

How did the three mercenaries in the second movie know the O'Connells had survived the flood, gotten the bracelet and were taking it to London?

When the dirigible crashes in Ahm Shere, Izzy makes a big fuss about how he'll never get it working again. Yet by the end of the movie, he has. This is never explained. True, you can see he's set up some sort of fire to put hot air in the balloon, but before he'd insisted that wouldn't work.

If the Curator didn't stick his arm in the wall until after Imhotep and Anck-su-Namun entered the pyramid, who lit all the torches? Everything's lit up when they enter the chamber where Anubis steals his powers! Did Imhotep light the torches with his powers? If so, wouldn't they go out after he lost them?

In the first movie, as Evy is graphically describing how the ancient Egyptians mummified people, she says they took out the heart, but this isn't historically true. They left the heart in since that was what got weighed to gain passage to the afterlife.

Not exactly a blooper, but more of a continuity issue... In the first movie, somewhere between the last scene in the streets of Cairo and the time he emerges from the sand vortex, Imhotep loses the black shirt he was wearing. During the mob scenes in Cairo he has some sort of plain black garment underneath his trademark black robe. When he's on the dunes outside of Hamunaptra, all he's got underneath that robe is a kilt. A similar thing happens in the pyramid of the Scorpion King, in the second movie. In the scene where Anubis steals his powers, Imhotep has a black robe on that covers nearly all his body. Soon afterward, as Anck-su-Namun begs him not to face the Scorpion King, he's just in his kilt again.

Whose camels are at Hamunaptra at the end of the first movie? Rick, Johnathan and Ardeth arrived in Winston's plane. Imhotep, Beni and Evy arrived in the sand vortex. Yet there's a herd of domesticated camels complete with saddles, etc, milling around outside the city. Also, if there were so many there, why, (aside from romantic cuteness) did Rick and Evy double up on the camel on the way back to Cairo? Granted, I wouldn't mind sitting in his lap and riding off into the sunset myself ;-) but it's not exactly practical. I mean, Ardeth took one camel, Johnathan rode one, and Rick and Evy shared one. There were many more camels than that wandering around. Just an observation.

I know, I know.
    I obsess over every Ancient Egyptian film, pointing out their mistakes, but i love this movie. And The Prince of Egypt was 1000 times worse than this. It had embarassing mistakes and that an Egyptologist would never make. It was also plain stupidity and I was never really inclined to believe the bible because of the mistakes it had (both the bible and the movie)

1. They didn't use Hebrew slaves. To build the pyramids, they used farmers. Because the farmers were free when the Nile flooded and the crops were fertilized by the silt due to the flooding, so they used farmers.

2. The Pharaoh's Royal Headcloth, the nemes, should be striped blue and gold, not plain white.

And these are just some. I don't want to go into a ranting rage so I'm gonna stop.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

In the beginning of Matrix Reloaded, when the black car pulls up in front of the building, you can see the reflection of the cameraman in the bumper.

In League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, when the sub gets bombed you can see strings pull a big table across the room.

Ill post more as I see them.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

In jurassic park you can see the camera man in the reflections in the pots in the scene were the children are hiding from the raptors in the kitchen.

In the mummy returns when they are in london it always rains outside on every indoor scene and it dry on all the outdoor scenes.
    Also in the mummy returns when rick and jonothan jump out the window covered in bubble bath it all vanishes when they hit the floor and theyre not even slightly wet.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Chances are 10 to 1 that you've never read a word of it, but that's a completely different topic altogether.

----------

One mistake that pops into my mind at the moment is in The Matrix. When Neo is traversing the side of the building trying to escape from the agents, you'll notice on the second look down to the bottom, a parade is on the streets. That wasn't there on the first look.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This thread is going to be filled in no time.

Goto
    Slipups

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Ooh ... I didn't see that.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

but you could say that the matrix had changed and the parade just appeared.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Glitter and Gili: the whole movie

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Agreed. :lol:

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

American Pie

The note reads "your favorite". Hellooo? haha did someone fail English. It's you're!

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

You are favorite doesn't make sense, though. What's the whole sentence?

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

In the cantina scene of Star Wars: A New Hope (Special Edition), Greedo shoots and Han shoots back in self defense, when Han is supposed to shoot Greedo because he's so badass and doesn't need to wait to be shot at.

SPACED

SPACED Well-Known Member

but you could say that the matrix had changed and the parade just appeared. [/b][/quote]
    There is no Parade.....

:shifty: