Pillar - Where Do We Go From Here

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Jun 7, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I downloaded this CD on Friday night and immediately pre-ordered it after only hearing the first five songs. It is one of the best albums I have ever heard in my entire life. I say that a lot, but this time I mean it. It's right up there with Hybrid Theory for me.

The guitars on this album are a lot more complex, layered and thick. The guitar work on Where Do We Go From Here is a huge step up from Fireproof, though it lacks any major solos.

The vocals on the album are a step up, too. There is a lot more screaming than there was on Fireproof, and a lot of the vocals sound a lot more crisper, cleaner and clearer. Rob put a lot of work into this album, and it shows. On one song, "Holding On," Rob sounds a lot like Trevor from Thousand Foot Krutch.

The drumming is amazingly awesome. It reminds me a lot of the drumming on Disturbed's Believe. Very crisp, solid kicks and very crisp snare. The drums really pull a lot of songs together and really help establish Rob's flow in the songs that he raps in. The bass is equally awesome, and was really thumping my speakers when I played it this morning.

My favorite song would have to be "Frontline." If you heard "Echelon" from their first CD... well, think of that song, times it by ten in the heaviness category, and then times it by one hundred in the ass-kickery category, and you have "Frontline." It is an amazing, amazing song. It's probably going to stick as Pillar's anthem, knocking "Fireproof" down from that honor.

Other notably great songs are "Underneath It All," "Hypnotized" (which contains the lyric "where do we go from here," which was used as the album title), "Simply," "Rewind" and the single, "Bring Me Down." All of the songs on the album are amazing. If you get the chance to hear this album or download it or buy it or whatever: Do so. You won't regret it.

Overall: 10/10

www.pillarmusic.com

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I certainly agree. It's an incredible album, and I loved "Fireproof". When I get the funds, I'll be buying this cd.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I will download a few songs off of the album just to see how it sounds and probably end up buying it. Fireproof was awesome and it seems like this one is too. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Same here, but that that won't be until at least around September, depending on if I get a job.

Oh, and the official site was relaunched, and it also includes the video to Bring Me Down. Freaking awesome video.

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

They're pretty good, I'll check out this album

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

I thought Fireproof was good, but lacked, and didnt show all the potential that i know this band is capable of[though it has been praised as one of the best christian albums ever, i have to disagree]. So when this album came rolling around, i starting watching it closely, and well from what i have been reading, i see it's a very big step up from Fireproof, defiantely now from what i have read by you Will.

Harder is almost always better, I have only heard one song from this album, but pre-ordered it anyway. So now i cant wait, i dont know if it's up there with HT, to be honest thats a high pedistal to reach, especially since i believe Chester's voice is above and beyond Rob's, and well anyone is on a level of its own. But then theres alot of other elemets to consider, so i cant wait till the 15th!!!! Will, you got me super sicked wicked siked for this album

enfestid

enfestid Guest

I heard some songs off of an E-Card and didn't really like them... they were low-quality, though. I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: Will, are the WMAs from here indicative of the final version? I don't really like the way they sound... should I download some "different samples", or are they pretty much the same?

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

I love this album, it's now one of my all time favorites. I heard it like a week or so ago and just fell in love with it... just look at my signature :D

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

invasion of the pillar sigs!!!!

ALLisLOST

ALLisLOST Banned

i didn't really like it. there is no way this album can be good as HT :p

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Thanks for the review Will. I will buy it...

...'Bring Me Down' reminds me of P.O.D.