Troy

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Glenn, Jun 8, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Our freshman class went to see Troy today in theatres. I thought it was alright. How did you guys like the movie?

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've seen the trailer. Kinda cool, but not really the kind of movie I'd go for. Maybe if they cut down on the muscles and give them more clothes, I'd watch it. :p

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's really not my sort of film either, but it was okay for a night out, quite good movie.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Really great film. Great storyline, cast, acting, dialogue, and battle scenes. Me and my friend are really into movies like this with big battle scenes, such as "Braveheart", and the LOTR trilogy. One of the movie highlights of the year for me.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I saw Troy and I loved it. I am a fan of battle movies so I definitely had to go see it.

I agree with everything Mark said. ^_^

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i really liked it, it was awesome. it even made me cry when paris nearly died and when hector died.

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I didnt like it very much.. I dont know why... :mellow:

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

same here I thought it was disapointing, I mean the dialoge is the what the majority of ppl say was a disapointment, and the fact it was given a huge budget to to spend on making the film. I think it was a let down, and felt to me it felt a bit rushed, basically it was a 10yr war turned into a 2 week war, it should have least been a 2 part movie.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

If I haven't read the Illiad, than I would have thought the war took a whole of 2 days. Other than that, it was a good movie. I almost cried when Hector died, mostly because his wife was right there watching him die.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

I thought it was good, but brad pitt was too pretty to play his role, they should have gotten a rugged man to do it, not a pretty boy. I hated it when hector got it, hecktor was my favorite charactor and he was what kept the movie going, once he died i was pissed beyond comming back, hecktor was da bomb!!!! Paris was perfectly casted, we have another pretty boy that talks gay, and he was gay in this, ran away from a fight because he new he would loose. Plus he was the whole reason Troy went to war, he alone caused the death of thousands and the destruction of a beautiful city... all because he wanted to tap that @$$ lol j/k

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I know what your "Achilles heal" is... IT'S THE FACT THAT YOU JUST CANNOT COMPREHEND SIMPLE RULES!

You've been warned about using the word "gay" like that before, yet you continue to do it.

So you're banned, because this is your third warning. Bye!

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I really liked this movie. Greek mythology is one of my favorite things to learn about, so I was really excited for it. The only thing I didn't really like was that they didn't put in the Gods or Goddesses, and they were the ones deciding how the war would turn out. But I guess that would have made the movie way too complicated, so I understand why they didn't bother with it. But I thought this movie was really well done and I'll definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Syphon

Syphon Extremely H! Vltg3

i thought this was a really good movie. i loved the battle scenes the best. i think that eric bana (go aussies) was perfectly cast as hector, prince of troy. i also think the movie did well in showing both sides of the story. the movie defenitly lived up to my expectations.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

i dont like the fact that there always clean and there teeth are perfect i thought it was ok orlando bloom was a bit of a softie though

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Great movie. Good storyline. I thought it was a boring movie but i was definitely wrong. Really good movie :)

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol:

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree. Even though in the original story Achilles was killed by Paris, I didn't like the way it was portrayed in the film though. It's just that after all the people Achilles killed, including Hector, he had to be killed so easily. I think getting killed by Hector would've given him a better death, even if that wasn't meant to happen. Great film though. I guess Helen of Troy wasn't too bad either. :lol: