Corrupt Christian Music... or a Corrupt Site?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Jun 9, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

www.corruptchristianmusic.com

I found this site while I was browsing Pillar's forums, and I found it to be... very interesting, to say the least. There are numerous inconsistencies throughout the entire site and are laughable and made me roll my eyes. It has to be one of the most ridiculous sites I have ever been to. And what's worse is that the site is just there for propaganda.

Basically, Corrupt Christian Music is a site that looks at a Christian band (and sometimes, not even a Christian band) "in depth" and points out why they aren't Christian and how they're leading others on destructive paths. Now, I am in no way religious, but that is ridiculous. Anyone who ends up on a destructive path because of music was probably either already on that destructive path or was on their way to it.

There are many, many artists on there, such as Evanescence, P.O.D., dctalk, U2, and the aforementioned Pillar. And every single page on these artists has inconsistencies. For example, there are many typos on every page and sometimes some of the facts seem to be "made up" in a sense. A web site that is trying to lead people away from these so-called destructive paths should try a little harder to be professional.

The part about the site that really irks me is the fact that they bring down a Christian band because of bands they're compared to. The band East West was compared to Korn and the Foo Fighters. Immediately this site deems East West "evil and satanic" because of who they're compared to. Things like that are really ridiculous, and things like that really make me hate religion.

Some things they say are legit, but that's only about 10% of the time. The other 90% of the time they're making lame comparisons and all these other things and using their lyrics against them. I don't know about you, but I go through some rough times in my life. Even if I was to be a Christian artist (assuming I'm Christian at the time), I would still be able to write a song about being depressed and all that even though I'm a Christian. Not all Christians are cheery all the time. Another thing that pisses me off is how they label every band that was "Christian at one point but isn't any more" as Satanic and evil and occult and paganistic. Bull. Crap. P.O.D. may not be Christian "any more" but they sure as hell aren't evil and they don't tell you to go worship Satan.

So what are your thoughts on this site? I personally think it's one of the most ridiculous and propaganda-inducing sites I've ever been to. Like I said, even though I listen to a lot of Christian rock I am in no way religious at all, I think this site is pretty ridiculous.

-edit-
    Oh, yeah... did I mention that I think this site is ridiculous?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

the fact that they apparently believe Godsmack, Outkast, Jay-Z and Ozzy are Christain artists (yet corrupt :rolleyes:) makes me throw that site out as a credible source of information

Will

I think they list those artists because they're the ones who are going to corrupt us the fastest.

Oh. No. Run. We're corrupted because we listen to Ozzy.

Let's go burn churches!!!

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

theres another site

http://www.exposingsatanism.org/music.htm

in the "Here is Your Proof!!!" section, the first person on there is actually britney spears because shes wearing a shirt that says "page sixsixsix".

these people are psychotic

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

its sites like these that make me unable to tolerate religion

"OMG! They said the s-word! They're going to burn in hell!"

Give me a break.

Will

Exactly.

I know a lot of religious people who swear occasionally. Does that mean they're going to burn in hell for the rest of their lives? Apparently so.

I wish I was the guy at the Pearly Gates.

"So... you died, eh?"
    "Yeah."
    "And you want into Heaven?"
    "Indeed I do."
    "Well, there's a hundred-dollar charge to get in."
    "A hundred dollars?"
    "Yeah. It's a new rule. We need to start bringing in funds to keep Heaven in tip-top shape so it doesn't go to Hell."
    "...Pardon?"
    "Sorry... inside joke."
    "I see."
    "So, do you have a hundred dollars?"
    "I do but it's in my wallet. They didn't bury me with my wallet."
    "Ah. What a crappy reason to have to burn in Hell for an eternity. Well, it was nice talking to you."

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Funny thing is how most sites of that kind try to prove that pop and rap artists are satanists and always miss bands like Deicide and Venom :lol:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm Catholic, I go to church every Sunday, and I guess I buy some of it, but music has never caused me to do anything violent. Hell, I didn't even go near the pit at a Linkin Park concert I was at, and I was on the floor. If a band is Satanist, good luck with that, but the music is what matters to me, and the people who make it are secondary. But to say all these bands that are Christian are Satanist is stupid. Whoever made that site should be drug out in a field and shot by a firing squad. . .for starters. :shifty:

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

thats totaly garbage :mellow:

there is a difference between being a Christian band and being a band of christians who sing somtimes spirtual songs :rolleyes: and P.O.D. does not want to be labeld "christian" because people dont want to feel attacked and preached at. they want to feel positve messages without being force fed somone else's beliefs.

that site is crazy :wth:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

That site is bullsh*t.

oh f*ck, i swore, im a satanist!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

it's a date.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I have nothing against religous people. Some of the coolest people I've known have been religous.

But, what I can't stand is when people are so wrapped up in their beliefs they don't understand how anyone could disagree.

I live in a very religous area, and there are times, like today, when I'm scared that if I gave my opinion on religion I'd basically be shunned. And you may say, "Speak your mind! F### 'em!" But when you've got two, count 'em, two friends that actually live in the same state as you, you want to get along with people.

Anyways. Those sites are hilarious.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

If you mosh at a dctalk show you're going to die and burn in H- E- double hockey sticks!!! :chemist:

And if you decide to wear a low cut shirt you're dirtying the christian community :eek:

:rolleyes: People with too much time on their hands

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

It's so ridiculous that it's becoming funny; The ''F word'' thing and the warning at the bottom of Pillar's page were just plain hilarious in my opinion!

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Has anyone read the thing on "Modest Clothing"?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Like you said Will, this site is based on nothing but twisted scripture and out-right lies. Although it is an excellent source for humor, don't even bother going to the site. It's a waste of time.

EDIT: I pwn at the spelling bee.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

They are actually saying that Catholicism and Buddhism and all those are fake. That site is pure bullsh1t.

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

P.O.D. is a band that wants to be seen as a Christian band. Bands like Beloved and Project 86 and Dead Poetic, however, are much different stories. I listen to all 4 bands, and with the exception of P.O.D., but I don't listen to them because they have some Christian influences

Magick

Magick Ambient

They definitely won't be able to even touch the Norwegian black metal scene. B) :p

--

The site's not working for me now, but from the posts I can tell the site's ####### stupid. I enjoy agnosticism. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I seriously do not see why there is a problem with that...