Wrestling: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Doctor, Jun 8, 2004.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Who cares if Wrestling in WWE is fake, I'll still watch it for the comedy and sometimes exciting storylines. Of course I also watch the show for the WWE Divas, heh.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i hate wrestiling. it makes me sick for some reason. >_<

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

You know what's funny, for all those years, they claimed that wrestling was as real as it gets. Now they admit it's fake and only for entertainment.

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

, I marked out big when Chris Benoit won at wrestlemania, but now he has won the title and there are still ppl that say he isnt a credible champion, I do like what they are doing with Randy orton and Shelton Benjamin ( I see this fued been a reincarnation of the fued the Rock and hhh had for the I.C title). Wwe needs serous compotition , but I doubt that tna and AJ styles can do that.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

You know what's funny, how some people follow it so well. They actually believe that skill and challenging opponents are key. The only thing that they do, is predecide who wins, and make it even, so they jerk you around in circles, thinking people are winning and losing, when everybody's near even. Sometimes, when they're big, they 'retire'. Then their t-shirt sales come back, so they come back, and the cycle starts all over.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I was amused with wrestling two years ago.. I was literally jumping for joy whenever Steve Austin won his fights.. Now that I have a chance to see it again.. I don't get why I was got so excited with the episodes. Isn't it weird? We use violence as entertainment. I guess.. it is a milder counterpart of the gladiatorial games during the ancient Rome.

We all know that tv wrestling is fake. There are just times that is true.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Who was the guy that died 4 or 5 years back? Bret Hart's brother I think, right?

I used to watch wrestling...and I used to love it. But I changed my mind. So for all the people who love wrestling, I did underdstand, I felt the sameway. It just changed.

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

I used to watch wrestling too.

It was Owen Hart that died. That's screwed up.. he used to be one of my favorites.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's all just storyline for christ sakes. I sometimes think the non-wrestling fans take the #### more seriously then the fans do.

When they retire, they don't really retire. Only person that's stayed retired is Bret Hart, and that's because he got knocked the #### out back in 2000 with a kick to the head. Motorcycle crashes don't help either. ;)

So doing midair flips and the like is just second nature and not difficult AT ALL? What the #### are you smoking? Yes, the matches are predetermined, but that doesn't mean that skill isn't key. If you put on #### matches, the result won't matter. People will switch to another channel if it's not entertaining. Skill is key. Granted there are some non-talented wrestlers, but for the most part wrestlers are amazingly gifted.

This is the #### I'm talking about. The Media has ruined a sport like Wrestling. It's now debated wether or not Wrestling is even a sport. Oh, okay, so big men in pads hitting each other and running away with a ball is a sport, but wrestling isn't? RIGHT.

Wrestling is fake, no doubt about it. But if you watch some of the #### they do to each other, you can tell some of it actually connects, and hurts. I wonder why wrestlers constantly get concussions? Oh, right, because wrestling is entirely fake.

It's Sports Entertainment. It DOES take skill to make it in Wrestling.

It amazes me how things have changed in the past 40 or so years for Wrestling. When Wrestling first started, it WAS a sport. Wrestling even made a World Record IIRC by having 2 wrestlers go at for 4 HOURS. No breaks, just straight-up 1920s type wrestling for 4 HOURS.

If Wrestling isn't a sport, then nothing is.

Oh, I'm not mad either. I just have alot of time on my hands today.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

WWE/WCW is as fake as the breasts on all the divas. But they're still hot (especially Trish and Torrie). :chemist:. Except Sable. :x

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Don't forget about Chyna :x :x :x

edit: D-Generation X owns you all.