Euro Cup 2004

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Jun 13, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Being a huge soccer fan/player myself, I've decided to make a thread about the 2004 Euro Cup.

Who are you going for? Favorite players? What matches are you looking forward to? Any predictions on winners or the tournament champion?

I like Italy. I've liked them ever since they went to the finals at the 2000 Euro Cup against France. I also play as Italy all the time in FIFA World Cup 2002 soccer for Xbox, and as their hockey team in NHL 2004. I'm also a big fan of the Netherlands.

My favorite players are Totti (Italy), Inzaghi (Italy), Vieri (Italy), Larsson (Sweden), Ole Gunner Solskjaer (Norway), Raul (Spain) and Henry (France).

I'm really looking forward to the France vs England match tomorrow, and Spain vs Portugal on June 20th.

What did everyone think about the Greece vs Portugal match today? What an upset! :lol:

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

Go France! :p But Italy is cool too. And I was glad Greece upset Portugal. I say Italy and France in the final, but I can't say who's going to win...it's too hard to say.

big bad fan

big bad fan Well-Known Member

i looooove soccer! after the game(portugal vs greece)i couldn't stop screaming and jumping around!!! :D i hope we win the next match against spain...
    players:FIGO,henry,zidane,ronaldo,pauleta+tores.
    teams:portugal(!),italy,france(+greece of course)

good luck to all the teams! i hope there will be no episodes between those idiots who think they love soccer but they're actually the worst thing ever happened to it...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Behind all the media stories and the crap hair, David Beckham is actually a good player. Not a patch on Hendrie, tho :p *Biased towards Aston Villa*

As for Greece-Portugal, I bet Phantom Duck almost died of happiness. I wonder, what are the odds of an England-Greece final?

Favourite Players: Casillas (Real Madrid, Spain), Lampard (Chelsea, England), Vassell (Aston Villa ( (w00t) ), England), Henry (Arsenal, France), Mellberg (Aston Villa, Sweden)

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

actually this time it doesn't interest me cause belgium isn't in..

big bad fan

big bad fan Well-Known Member

an england-greece final? man,that would be great! i think england can make it,but i really don't know about us....
    we'll see.....

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

Come on England :D.. Hopefully England will be the winners.. i live in England i support England.. its all good.. :D (w00t)

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

although I live in London , and dont watch football (or soccer) I just want to say well done England 1-0 half time

Crawler

Crawler Well-Known Member

Yeah...so far so good.
    But Zidane made 2 goals (freekick-penalty) in the overtime and france won 2:1. Waht a great game! I still can´t believe what I´ve seen...

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

Yeah! France won!!! (w00t)

Mark

WOW! What an incredible game between France and England! It lived up to the hype! What a comeback! Two goals in penalty time is unheard of. Man, what a thrill.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I just saw the beginning of the game and I thought France played slow! They looked like they didn't know what to do when they arrived near the England goal.

Maybe it's just me :wth:

Mark

Both teams didn't pla ywell in the first.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

:( England lost

I said 2 hours before the match "Scoucers and french people annoy me" and then at the end of the match Gerrard gives away the ball and then france scored a penalty.
    I laughed and cried at the same time.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Heskey is a typical Birmingham player. He just thinks "F*** it, I can't be arsed to chase this guy any more, I'll just knock him over".

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

The game itself sucked, France did nothing but try and score with long passes, the worst type of game. Good thing Zidane's always there to make the ending amazing and punish Gerrard for f*cking up.
    And England's penalty wasn't a penalty. And the English GK should be sent off with a red card at the second penalty, he as the last player in defence.
    And, and, that's not unheard of, Mark. Man Utd. Vs. Bayern Munchen, Champions League 1999 or soemthing. ;)

And my favourite player is Zagorakis from Greece :chemist:

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i feel sorry for beckham. he was just unlucky. im talking about the penalty thing he missed.

EDIT: oops. i cant spell beckham.

Beautiful Disgrace

Beautiful Disgrace Well-Known Member

Lmao.

Yeah it sucks England lost...

Mark

The game itself sucked, France did nothing but try and score with long passes, the worst type of game. Good thing Zidane's always there to make the ending amazing and punish Gerrard for f*cking up.
    And England's penalty wasn't a penalty. And the English GK should be sent off with a red card at the second penalty, he as the last player in defence.
    And, and, that's not unheard of, Mark. Man Utd. Vs. Bayern Munchen, Champions League 1999 or soemthing. ;)

And my favourite player is Zagorakis from Greece :chemist: [/b][/quote]
    Well excuse me, I don't watch every single Champions League game. I was just going by what the commentator had said. :wth:

I thought the game was great. Full of speed, pressure and chances. There was a great comeback. It had all the makings for a great game. I guess you just want a game where a team scores and then passes the ball back and forth for the rest of the game?

Anyone watch the Sweden game? What a slaughter. Henrik Larsson had the best goal of the tournament on a flying header. I think Bulgaria outplayed Sweden in the first 45, but Sweden totally took it to them in the last half. Final score was 5-0.

The Italy game, from the recap I saw, wasn't that great. 0-0 ties are always kinda disappointing.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm exited for tonight. Holland and Germany are playing. Everything is already orange :lol: I hope they win. :)